The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Buildings
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 18 Oct - 01:30 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Until we get a better fix for this, here is the temporary common/buildings files which are edited so that no one starts with fully upgraded buildings. Downside is then that no one can build anything until 11363, but that was the best I could do. Might be useful to include it in the next build, so have more realistic ideas of army strengths and how the AI wars will progress without overpowered province improvements.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ggpa29

Remember to include replace_path = "common\buildings" in the main mod file.
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 18 Oct - 01:30 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:34 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

In between trying to get some events to work, I've modified the vanilla buildings and customized the localizations so that non-Middle Earth descriptions are changed to something for fitting. For example Church = Shrine or Holy Place, Crossbow workshop = Master Bowyer, and Cathedral = Mausoleum. Most of them work well enough as-is however.

You mentioned wanting to do culture specific ones, Lon, and I totally agree, we should. However I think for men/dwarves/elves/hobbits most generic buildings should also be included. If we make totally culture specific ones, like for Gondor, then we risk that if at some point for example a Haradrim manages to sit on the throne of Gondor, then Minas-Tirith suddenly loses all of its improvements. Realistically, the walls, marketplace, barracks, shipyards and so forth should be able to be used by most cultures when conquering another province.

I suggest that (whenever it is justifiable) we keep the vanilla CK II buildings for men/dwarves/elves/hobbits and just add culture-specific custom buildings on top of that. If we then add a say city improvement called "Elven Loremaster Guild", then we remove the ability for elves to build the vanilla "University", just so they don't get double bonuses.

For culture_group_melkor, we add totally custom buildings (except for the walls, I think all walls should be kept when conquering a new barony). But orc city improvements and training grounds etc (like Uruk-Hai Breeding Ground which might replace the City Guard improvement giving Pikemen) should be lost when a non-orcish ruler takes the province/barony.

Any suggestions for culture specific buildings are welcome here Smile

I'll update this thread as I make them.

Also suggestions for unique buildings and possible bonuses/effects (like the Tower of Echthelion, House of Elrond, Galadriel's Mirror, etc) are also welcome here.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r2fcqw
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 09:48 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Some exemples of what we should adds:

Forges and Mines for Dwarves (+ money income)
Noldorin Forges for Noldor (money income, maybe some heavy soldiers?)
Forge of Elrond in Rivendell?
Mushroom's fields for Hobbits (money income)
Houses of Healing for Gondorian and Elvish
Stable of the Mearas for Edoras (+ heavy cavalry)
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 11:25 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yep, will be sure to add those too Lon Okay

For orcs, that I can think of:

Castle Buildings:
Orc Fighting Pit (replaces training ground)
Orc Lair (replaces town)
Orc Mustering Ground (replaces barracks)
Uruk-Hai Tower (replaces Town Guard, gives Pikemen)
Orc Slave Pit (replaces marketplace)
(Port and Shipyard n/a for orcs, they don't build ships)
(Orcs get no university)

Temple buildings:
barracks, town, etc same as for castle
(Don't get monastery)
Chief's Guards (replaces elite barracks)
(Don't get school)

Trade post
(Dont get trade post upgrades)

Since they don't get trading posts or the tech buildings for temples, I think I'll add some light infantry and archer giving buildings to castles and towns.
Perhaps an "Orc Raiding Bands I, II, and III" to even things out.

Spiders could also get their own, but very limited, range of buildings giving light infantry and heavy infantry (they certainly shouldn't have cavalry, pikemen, or archers).
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 11:59 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

We can use wargs instead of Cavalry 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 12:44 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I was thinking about that too actually, but then Sauron gets warg riders too if we allow orcish provinces to build them. Perhaps limit wargs and warg riders to goblin provinces (we'd have to paint some in though, I don't think there are any at present).
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 12:50 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Do we have goblin culture? I remember tolkien considered orks and goblins the same race
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 13:03 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

We have a "culture_goblin" in the culture file at least. I think it's meant to represent the smaller and more disorganized orc subrace, rather than the physically bigger orc?
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 14:15 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I believe i have read on several occasions that goblins were the orcs of the misty mountains, so maybe it could be considered to make the orcs in the Misty's goblins?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 14:25 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

roplox wrote:
I believe i have read on several occasions that goblins were the orcs of the misty mountains, so maybe it could be considered to make the orcs in the Misty's goblins?

If i don't get wrong, "goblins" was the name of "orks" used in "The Hobbit"
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 14:42 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yes, that too i believe, but I think it was also used for misty mountains Orcs.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 14:55 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yeah, but it help us to have different orkish cultures : Half-Ork, Goblin, Orcs, Uruk-Hai Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 15:20 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

We should include a few goblin provinces here and there then, at some point, just so that they're represented.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 15:27 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yeah, one in Goblintown, and maybe one or two in Eriador?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 16:39 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Okay

I'll make some warg and warg rider buildigns for goblins then.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: Buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange