The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Buildings
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:21 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Should we add a special unbuild-able/unique "Mithril Mines of Moria" that gives something crazy like +30 income and put it in Khazad-Dum (in comparison, a level 5 marketplace gives +15 income)? 

If we do, we may have to make a Balrog event however to guard the place Wink
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:21 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:23 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yeah sounds good, and maybe this "mithril mines of moria" could be the higher level of "mines" buildings, on;y buildable in Moria?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:29 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Ahhh, yes, I think I can restrict it like that if you like - right now I'm using a

potential = (year) 15000

to simulate unique buildings, meaning that they can pretty much realistically never be built. We have to place them on the map ourselves.

Would you prefer that the mines are something that you have to build yourself once you take moria? I mean, technically the tunnels should already be carved out, I was thinking...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:32 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yeah, but if they mine so deeply, it's because the existing ones are now empty, no? So a new ruler will needs to make new galleries certainly... We can give to Moria some buildings (so some mines/forges) at beginning by the way.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 22 Oct - 18:35 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Ahh yes, definitely. It's probably more fun building them yourself too.

Now let's just hope that buildings can be restricted by provinces, but I'm pretty sure they can...

And yes, after I make these buildings, I'll start populating key provinces with buildings if that's ok with you guys.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Oct - 19:35 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I just had a thought actually, for the Elven Rings and how it is often stated the Lorien and Rivendell are strongly defended an otherwise enhanced by them. What if we make a special building for each called "Power of Nenya" and "Power of Vilya" that can only be built by a character with the trait = Nenya/Vilya.

It should cost maybe only 50 gold and give something like a fort_level = +3 fortification bonus, maybe +1 income, economy_techpoints +0.05 and  culture_techpoints = 0.05?

(If the one ring is destroyed, we can remove the Nenya/Vilya traits and replace them with one called "Depleted Nenya/Vilya", and then in theory all the special buildings should disappear when the FROM = trait_nenya/vilya is no longer valid.

Thoughts?

PS: It would mean we'd have to make Galadriel the ruler of Lorien though, but I think she should be anyways.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 28 Oct - 17:06 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Damn, back to square one  Sad

The way I fixed "all buildings start fully upgraded" was to set potential year = 11363 for those that are not supposed to be built at first (all except the lvl 1 ones).

Modifying the province files, at game-start one can now see all the buildings I've manually added to select provinces, but after 1 day they disappear due to the potential not being met.

Hmmpf.

This will delay my building work a bit, until I manage to fix this... any help is welcome, if any of you can find a way to keep the buildings and not have them all fully upgraded at game-start, that would be great.

I already tried for 3 days previously, and the potential = year work-around was the only one that worked... but guess it's time to try again.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 28 Oct - 17:08 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Ok, it's logical for the game i think.Hmmm... Could we make something more accurate than only a potentiel year? I mean, if we can make the potential at 11362.2.1 for exemple, it should help us?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 28 Oct - 17:11 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yes, I tried that previously too and it didn't work, but I'm much better with CK II code now. The first time I tried I was extremely new to modding.

Hopefully I'll have more luck this time around Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 29 Oct - 14:44 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I'm running out of things to try at this point to get it working  Neutral

My game crashes with earlier start-dates, but can one of you try to copy the vanilla building files and start a game in something like year 5000 and see if they all get built?

I even tried copy/pasting the buildings directly from Elder Kings and GoT, and they still all get auto-built. I'd like to see if it's a bug with games of 5-digit start dates like ours, 11363...
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 31 Oct - 20:07 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

OK, I officially give up on buildings for now Sad

Can't get around the 11363 limitation for buildings without getting them all auto-built, which means that we can't place any normal buildings at game start.

For now, Minas-Tirith, Minas-Morgul, and Umbar get special "Numenorean Walls" which give +8 fortress capacity in each castle. The Black Gate and Barad Dur also get +8 fortress capacities in their castles, plus quite a few extra troops (to give Mordor a better chance against Gondor).

Full changelog:

All:
Monastic School = School, localized description
University = Library, localized description
Peasants in descriptions are, when found, replaced by "workers" or townsfolk
Many other localisations adapted for Middle-Earth where the CK II terms didn't seem to apply

Noldor got

City:
Noldor Artisans (+3 gold)
Castle:
Noldor Forge (+5 gold, 25 Heavy Infantry)

Silvan_Elves and Sindar elves got:
Castle village replaced with Elven Village
Militia training ground replaced with "Elven Archery Training" also

Noldor and Gondor got "Houses of Healing" giving 0.1 extra levy_reinforce_rate

Dwarves got
City: Dwarven Mines (I, II, and III each giving +3 gold)
Castle: Dwarven Forge (I, II, and III each giving +3 gold and 30 Heavy infantry)

Rohan got
City and castle: Lost the use of Barracks and Militia Barracks, replaced by "Muster of Rohan" giving cavalry. If a building gave 100 light infantry and archers, it nows gives a mix of 50 cavalry so it doesn't become overpowered.

Halflings got
Castle & city: Tobacco and Mushrooms farms. Took away the barracks buildings, halfligns really arent that militaristic, and changed it "Sheriffs Patrol" giving only light infantry and archers.
Gave them their own identical version of "Castle Town" simply called "Halfling Village"
Also halfling inns, giving income and +0.1 levy morale Wink

Black Numenoreans:
BlacK Numenorean Palace, givign heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and income

Orcs/Melkor
Customized all versions of vanilla buildings
Stables deleted, gave more infantry to make up for it
Shipyards deleted, orcs do not build big ships
Temples represent "Morgul Orc" military units, which enforce the will of Sauron

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n3tgbi

I'll take a look at it again for a future build if no one else wants to take over, but for now, I should work on something I can actually get to work instead of being stuck on this "all buildings built" issue any longer.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 31 Oct - 20:30 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I'll try it out
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 31 Oct - 20:37 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Okay

It's not perfect and needs more work, but I think it's a good step in the right direction. Let me know what you think, and post suggestions here for future versions of the building files also once we get back to that. And remember that most of hte buildigns won't show up until 1 year after game-start.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 13:44 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I think i find out why the buildings are all builded in 11362, even if we mods all the tech levels, ...

With my bookmarks, i tryed a game in 9692, and one in 10190.
Here's the 9692 screen :

And here's the 10190 one :

So, i believe that there's something wrong with the dates superior to 10000 ! Maybe a clue that will help you, or not Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 15:43 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

That has been my conclusion too, even copying the defines.lua and building files and from GoT and disabling tech progression entirely, buildings still get auto-built past 10,000.

I've posted a bug report on the Paradox Forums, I think that's all we can do at this point Sad

We can't change the dates after all at this point.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:57 (2017)    Post subject: Buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange