The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Buildings
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 15:44 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

But do post this on my bug report with those screenshots! It makes a strong argument for my case  Mr. Green
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 15:44 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 15:46 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

No, we can't change the date at this state of dev Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 16:08 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

...that's a huge problem, obviously we cannot change the dates, but we cannot release a mod with such a problem...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 17:02 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yes, we have to fix it. 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 18:09 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of and spent maybe 50 hours on the problem so far. I've given up trying to fix it at least, to me it's clearly a bug, since the same building files work before 10,000 AD but get auto-built after.

A work-around is making unique buildings for each of the major provinces that we then let get auto-built only in that province, and I'm almost done with this. It doesn't take long to do, and we can in theory make as many as we want - the problem then is that the other buildings get built on top of this, so after lvl 5 walls are discovered, Minas Tirith and other major fortresses will have something like 20 max fortress capacity while the others are limited to 12.

For earlier start-dates, we can release a separate buildings file which does not have the 11363 potential date for buildings.

We can then just hope that Paradox reads the bug report at some point and fixes it for us.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 21:40 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Can you post the screenshots here?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?731826-Buildings-being-a…

They say bumping posts is not allowed, so someone else has to reply to it Confused
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 12:22 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yeah i'll post them, no problem!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 13:08 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

It's on your thread Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 15:55 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I'll adds some more specific buildings, like the Dome of the Stars in Osgiliath, the bridge of Tharbad, the Seat of Seeing in Amon Hen, the tower of Elostirion, the Argonath, ... and will have a look at the Harrenhall mechanics in the AGOT mod for Moria, (Himling, Nogrod/Belegost), Ost-in-Edhil, Annunimas, Carn Dum and Fornost, if you're agree !
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 16:01 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Sounds great! Just remember to work with my current version of MEPSpecial that I posted on the alpha 3.0 thread which game some troops to minas tirith, unless of course you're just making your own file  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 16:19 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

I'll make my own file for now, we'll mix them once the buildings i'll make are complete  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 16:27 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

The Harrenhal mechanichs could work with a "rebuild Osgiliath" decision too!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 16:27 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Yes, obviously!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 24 Dec - 13:55 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

Looking at some provinces files of AGOT mod i've noticed this:
# 47 - Winterfell
# County Title
title = c_winterfell
# History
6000.1.1 = {
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_1
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_2
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_3
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_4
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_5
b_winterfell = ca_asoiaf_north_basevalue_6
b_winterfell = ca_cellar_1
b_winterfell = ca_cellar_2
}
Could this be the solution of our buildings bug?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 24 Dec - 18:10 (2013)    Post subject: Buildings Reply with quote

No, it's specific to dates past 10,000 AD unfortunately Sad Game of Thrones doesn't have this bug, nor does our Arnor-bookmark.

Even if we make this in the history files like I tried at first, all the other potential buildings will still get auto-built on dates after 10,000.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:32 (2017)    Post subject: Buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange