The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Evil/Good side
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Sep - 12:54 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

A small example of what are the consequences of the good/evil sides mechanics in terms of relations.

GONDOR RELATIONS
PS: Gondor and Rohan relations are not good since there's the malus "Infidel", i think it should be removed 

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 14 Sep - 12:54 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Sep - 13:26 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Ok, looks good!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 16:03 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Is the good/evil side scripted via event, or is it an inherited trait?

How do the mechanics of it work?

Would help me to know more, for thinking about possible events for the good/evil factions Smile
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 16:10 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

PS:

For Gondor/Rohan we can make a specific trait that is given to the rulers.

For example limits for Gondor:
Is_ruler = yes
Has_title = E_Gondor or the Steward title
Culture = Gondorian, Dunedain, or Gondorian Middle_men
Religion = Dunedain
Add_trait = Oath_of_Eorl (Description: "Ancient Friendship between Gondor and Rohan, effect Same_opinion=75).

And for Rohan Limits
Is_Ruler=yes
Has_title=K_Rohan
Culture=Rohirrim
Add_trait=Oath_of_Eorl

We can make it event based where the AI has 100% chance of saying yes to it when a new ruler takes power, but the player can also choose an option saying "No, the old alliances are broken" perhaps. With a +75 opinion boost for the two rulers who both have it, we could ensure friendly relations between the two.

Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 16:25 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Let's begin by saying that it's a very very very very WIP mechanic. It's pretty WIP because I'm waiting for a more populated Middle Earth to work on it.
It's quite simple, there are two starting events, they work by culture, and assign automatically a trait, "Free People" and "Forces of Evil". 
Free People trait has this characteristics:
Quote:
good_side = {
       potential = {
       NOT = { culture = culture_wilderness }
  NOT = { trait = evil_side }
  NOT = { trait = good_side } 
}
  lifestyle = yes
  diplomacy = 2
       stewardship = 1 
       opposites = {
       trait = evil_side
        }    
       opposite_opinion = -80
       same_opinion = 35
  general_opinion = 15
  ai_rationality = 10 #Influences the way the AI makes choices, such as whether the AI will compare its own levy size with its enemy levy size if it wants to go to war.
       ai_honor = 30 #Influences the likelihood the AI will honor relationships and alliances, and the chance of attacking despite such relations. Also affects its likelihood of joining plots.

And Forces of Evil: 
Quote:
evil_side = {
       potential = {
       NOT = { culture = culture_wilderness }
  NOT = { trait = evil_side }
  NOT = { trait = good_side } 
  }
       lifestyle = yes
       diplomacy = -2
       martial = 2 
       opposites = {
       trait = good_side
       } 
       opposite_opinion = -80
       same_opinion = 50
  general_opinion = -40   
       ai_ambition = 20 #Influences the AI's desire for expansion, primarily affecting the likelihood of wanting to declare war.
       ai_zeal = 10 #Influences the way the AI deals with religious conflict, primarily whether the AI will join crusades and neighboring holy wars.
       ai_rationality = -15 #Influences the way the AI makes choices, such as whether the AI will compare its own levy size with its enemy levy size if it wants to go to war.

The main objective is to decrease (and the mechanic does it quite well) the chance of wars between evil members (and between free peoples too) and increase the aggressiveness of dark forces. I was also working on a decision to let the player convert himself to the "dark side" or to become a member of the free people. This gave you the evil/good side trait, and changed your religion too to eruhini/melkor cult. If you are interested in working on it i can give you updated files, it needs a ton of work, but I think it can become an important mechanic for our mod flavour. 

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 18:01 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

I definitely like the opposite_opinion and same_opinion version of it, and also the AI modifiers to behavior.

Changing religion to cult_of_eru however is no longer valid for the good side so that might be difficult to implement now.

I see that "evil side" is automatically Cult of Melkor however, and like I said in the "events for evil men" thread, I think this will become necessary for gameplay purposes. It fits very nicely with the casus belli mechanic which is in integral part of the game, and it will also automatically stop the evil side from being able to wage war on each other (unless they have another legitimate casus belli, of course).

Or did you intend to change this, now that we reworked the religion system?

I still lobby for evil men being pressured to join the Cult of Melkor, at least if Sauron is alive and they are rulers Evil or Very Mad

It would make scripting province culture changes a lot easier too, as then evil men/melkor worshippers would not be replaced by orcs (if we do the orc culture change event, which I think we should).
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 18:32 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

I know Eruhini is used for Valar, but it is necessary, at least for now. For example, why an Angmarim, or a Dunlending should become Dunedain? That would not make sense
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 18:55 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Oh definitely, hmmm... but not sure the Eruhini is an "elegant" way out of that. It could be tricky, because if it's a ruler, then he will start demanding all his vassals convert to Eruhini as well.

If I understand you correctly, then all rulers will get this event choice at start-up, yet they can't/shouldn't be asked to convert to either Eruhini or Cult of Melkor. There should also be the option to keep your current religion. Can I see the current event and how the script works that gives it?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 18:58 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

The religion shouldn't changes with this trait, as the intermarriage rules are fixed with the religions Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 19:00 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

That was my idea Lon, the mechanic is a bit old, and needs to be updated  Okay
Blood, I'll update the mechanics, and by tomorrow I'll post the files. So you can try it, see what can be done to imrove it, and tell me what you think.  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 19 Oct - 19:05 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Ahh, ok, good - I don't think religions should be changed either with this trait Smile

But then we have an issue where we could have a religion_southron ruler who has "turned to the good side" and gotten the trait, yet still has the casus_belli to invade his new friends any time he wants (and may even join wars to help his evil men southron neighbors, if the good side with for example religion_dunedain attack).

But yes, post the files, and we'll see how things work in-game with a little testing! I think we have enough characters now anyways to get it functional.

Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:24 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

My events now works again. I'm gonna post the files here, Blood Royal. So you can take a look at it and, if you want, work on it too, since you're a better events' modder than me  Mr. Green
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:31 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Excellent  Okay

I'll try and see what ideas I might have when you post.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:37 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

http://www.sendspace.com/file/od0ke8
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:44 (2013)    Post subject: Evil/Good side Reply with quote

Downloaded. Will take a look and test it tomorrow  Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:15 (2017)    Post subject: Evil/Good side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange