The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha 0.2
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 1 Nov - 16:12 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 1 Nov - 16:12 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 14:04 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

My latest updates for the next build:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/be0o2o

Changelog -
-Lots of new buildings and localisation changes for them (Elven town, halfling village, whole new orc-only buildings, etc)
-Some buildings pre-built at game-start to get around the building bug (these are in MEPspecial doc)
-Retinues for most cultures (remember to point mod file to /common/retinue_subunits
-Major changes to troop bonuses and levy sizes, Dunedain, Gondorians, Elves, Dwarves now get -75% troop levies, but large bonuses to make up for it. Orcs get double levies, but suffer some combat penalties in turn.
-Tweaked a bit for balance, Gondor and Mordor now seem evenly matched. In my last 80 year simulation at least neither one gained any ground against the other.
-Changed 4 Gondorian provinces to gondorian_middlemen, so that only the eastern half of Gondors levies get the Gondorian troop bonus
-Eliminated attrition (or set it ridiculously high to "supply_limit = 80 # 80K troops". We can tweak this later if needed, but I think attrition doesnt fit that well with "High Fantasy" settings anyways

As far as I know, the changes can just be copy/pasted directly, I don't think any of you guys have worked with these files lately.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 14:07 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Perfect thanks!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 14:14 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

I ll try and get a few events into the next build as well, and perhaps also finish the baronies for the North-Eastern sector of the map. I won't do the baronies until you guys say you're done with the landed_titles, however  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 14:31 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Great. Lon, i'm posting the updated Landed Titles with the transliterations and some new colors in a couple of days. PS: When you prepare the new build, don't forget the files in my cubby (the ones with the new provinces (druadan and glittering caves)  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 14:36 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Yeah, i already put them  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 18:50 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Do I need to change something in my middleearthproject.mod to use blood royal's files?
My file looks like this:
name = "Middle Earth Project 0.2c"
path = "mod/Middleearthproject"
user_dir = "Middleearthproject"
replace_path = "history"
replace_path = "history\titles"
replace_path = "history\provinces"
replace_path = "history\wars"
replace_path = "history\diplomacy"
replace_path = "history\characters"
replace_path = "common\religions"
replace_path = "common\landed_titles"
replace_path = "common\cultures"
replace_path = "common\religions"
replace_path = "common\dynasties"
replace_path = "common\event_modifiers"
replace_path = "common\traits"
replace_path = "events"
replace_path = "decisions"
replace_path = "map"
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 18:53 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Yeap, just adds a line :
replace_path = "common\buildings"
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:03 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:34 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

And also common/retinue_subunits  Cool
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 19:37 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:28 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Just ran a 200 year simulation - for next build, we need to seriously lower the health traits of both Blood_of_Numenors Smile Denethor is 297 years old and still alive, and even some counts with just the lesser Blood of Numenor are nearly 200 years old. I suggest something like +6 health for the greater trait, and +3 for the lesser in light of this Shocked Or else tweak the defines.lua again, some with the lesser trait die at 99 as they should, but many still make it to 200ish..

Balance-wise things are looking better. Gondor is still overpowered, having taken over Mordor, Umbar, Bellakar, and Mordor - but at a much slower pace than previously. The first 100 years, it was pretty much a stale-mate. If we add some Nazgul Holy Orders and make it so that Harad and the Easterlings help Mordor in wars, this should help balance it out greatly.

Easterling/Haradrim CB's don't seem to affect Rohan or Dale or Mirkwood, they are still alive at least... I'll look into this, and see if I can fix it.

Also, playing as Rivendell, Chancellor Elladan spent 200 years trying to get a claim on the province to the south, and never got it. I'll also look into the mechanics for claims, and why it's not working as it should.

Edit: I also think that lots of vanilla events aren't firing because we haven't copied the localisation parts of the events... thsi willl potentially be a huge work since vanilla localisations are very disorganized, but I don't think the events will work without them.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:34 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

PPS: Also, Mordor/Angmar never advances in Eriador/Arnor. Besides one Wilderness count having created a small realm of Enedwait, Eriadors/Arnors borders have not moved at all. Should we let Angmar have wilderness CB's?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:37 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

I've experienced tha same problem with the "get a claim" action. Localisations cannot affect events. If we don't put localisation the events work, but will fire with a simple "EVT2545" and "EVTDESC545453" etc
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:43 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Hmmm... strange then, we'll have to find out why many of them don't fire then. Will take a look  Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:23 (2017)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Page 5 of 10

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange