The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Alpha 0.2
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:51 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Probably because many of them have in the trigger vanilla cultures or religions? 
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 22:51 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 3 Nov - 23:29 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Possibly, but vanilla events are usually good with using FROM/ROOT which means they work for all cultures/religions. I'll try to get it fixed for the next build, at least.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 09:58 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

The chancellor events aren't in our mod, we have to add them  Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 10:25 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Already on it, Lon Okay

Quite a major event update:

We were missing the job_action events which give claims, and also the on_action events which create a pop-up every time a war or something else important happens.

I found lots of other flavor events which I think are pretty safe to put in the mod, and have placed them in a separate "optional" event folder. I enjoy them at least, and since it is unrealistic we will make hundreds of similar ones, I think they should be included. If some are completely inappropriate, we can make a thread for events that should be removed/restricted and deal with them one at a time. I went through and deleted the ones that were easily not appropriate, like those dealing with christianity and CK II religions.

Also for plots - they are a core  component of gameplay, and it becomes way too easy to make a super-empire without disgruntled vassals. However, lore-wise, Gondor and Mordor (under Sauron or the Witch King at least!) should not have civil wars all the time over lowering crown authority  or even full-on independence. I have therefore placed the following restrictions on those civil-war plots:

////
        liege = { NOT = { dynasty = 5 } }  ##Eorling##
        liege = { NOT = { dynasty = 100 } } ##Hurionath##
        liege = { NOT = { dynasty = 2001 } } ##Isildurionath##
        liege = { NOT = { dynasty = 10012 } } ##Melkondili Sauron##
        liege = { NOT = { dynasty = 12005 } } ##WitchKing##
        FROM = { NOT = { trait = elf } }
        FROM = { NOT = { trait = dwarven } }
        FROM = { NOT = { culture_group = culture_group_halfling } }
///

?his makes the House of Eorl, The line of hte Stewards, the heirs of Isildur, Sauron, and the WitchKing immune - and also elves, dwarves, and halflings as they are not that power-hungry and elves certainly will not fight other elves this late in the 3rd age. If they conquer human realms, of course, that is another matter - their human vassals will have no problem rebelling against their Elven/Dwarven/Halfling Overlords Wink

The "install pretender" plot is still an option for Eorling/Steward/Isildur dynasties however, as historically at least the Dunedain have fought civil wars amonst themselves over which member of the royal family should sit on the throne. Gavelkind plots (titles distributed equally among sons) is also an option for these lines, so one must be careful when giving too much power to non-heir sons as they will then likely press for this!

I tested it briefly, at least,and it seems to work. Even though I was revoking Princely titles and giving them all to Boromir and the Independence Faction had 180% power, they never sent me the ultimatum. Claimant/pretender wars against Boromir did happen inside his new dominions, however, but this is working as designed.

In a way it just further overpowers Gondor and the Re-United Kingdom, but I really didn't like fighting an independence war right at the same time that Sauron attacked from the East, and this is the work-around I came up with. If there are better suggestions, we can of course pursue those.

Here are the files (turns out we can use vanilla CK II localisations just fine in events also, as the mod file does not replace the /localisations directory)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e6xw4s
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 10:51 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

This also need to be added to common/event_modifiers to prevent a crash I just discovered:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/94lr7d
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 11:16 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Great work
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 11:21 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

looks like a great stuff Blood, like always!
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 11:22 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

The next alpha is gonna be terrific  Mr. Green
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 11:24 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

yeah, we'll see an huge progress, really, on the next alpha. The game will looks playable Very Happy
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 12:21 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Okay

And yep, I had great fun on my last playthrough at least! It really comes alive the mod, with all these new events and plots Smile
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 16:42 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Changed the plots so that Hurionath, Isildurionath, and Eorling dynasties are only immune from plot leaders who are of their own culture (this includes Gondorian, Dunedain and Gondorian Middlemen for the Dunedain dynasties).

It makes those dynasties a little less overpowered and more realistic, as there is nothing stopping a Black Numenorean Prince from plotting to overthrow the realm or gain independence if Gondor vassalises Umbar, for example. You'll have to be careful when expanding, to keep higher vassals of your own culture or risk great instability.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 16:46 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Ok great!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 17:06 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Do you mind if I make a new an update/dev diary on the paradox forum about casus bellis and plot events? It's maybe a bit soon, but at the speed with which we're making progress, there should soon be enough material for a new official one too Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 17:20 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

You can write some things in the thread, i opened it in the diary section Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 17:49 (2013)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2 Reply with quote

Great Smile 
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:39 (2017)    Post subject: Alpha 0.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Page 6 of 10

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange