The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Casus Belli Types
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 11:42 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

I believe that civil wars should happens with the orkishs races, it'll be good to simulate the violence in this society!
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 11:42 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 11:47 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

We can create a new casus belli for this, maybe something related to orks flavour events. But I can't see Orks fighting to establish Primogeniture or Gavelkind in Mordor  Mr. Green  Or a war to dethrone Sauron, funny...  Laughing
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 12:07 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

And why not? The orks were not created by Sauron but by Melkor, they only serves him because they fear Sauron Wink So, if the power of Sauron decrease, the orks, with their traitors nature, should maybe be able to betray Sauron!  Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 12:23 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Orks are coward creatures, they would flee away (as we can see after the fall of the Sauron and Barad Dur), they would never rebel against Sauron, an Ainu! Imagine a typical CKII gameplay situation, would a "War of Lugburth, duke of Dagorlad, to establish Primogeniture in Mordor" fit with LOTR? Or a "War of Rashak, duke of Gorgoroth, against the tiranny of Sauron"?. And imagine the consequences of a defeat... Sauron imprisoned by the winner, ther Eye of Sauron at the court of Count X... could be funny, but not lore, in my opinion. We have to discuss about this together, i think that vanilla casus belli should be replaced with more adapt ones for certain races (uruks, goblins and orks)  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 18:16 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

It's easy to do, we can put a NOT = { culture_group = culture_group_melkor } for the casus belli which relate to un-orcish internal strife if needed.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 18:20 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
It's easy to do, we can put a NOT = { culture_group = culture_group_melkor } for the casus belli which relate to un-orcish internal strife if needed.

That's what I meant to do. I can understand Lonhaldar's points of view, but i think we can easily create other casus belli's for orks, goblins and uruks 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Nov - 20:26 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Well I think we should most definitely keep the civil war, also for independence factions and claims but we should perhaps give Sauron some special trait bonuses to increase vassal loyalties - "Eye of Sauron" comes to mind, and maybe also a special "Lord of the Ringwraiths" which helps keep his vassals in line.

Barad-Dur as it is now gives a lot of extra troops however, so it would have to be a very very powerful vassal Duke/King that thinks he could win. Let's see how it goes once we playtest it with my new buildings and once Mordor has vassals/characters created - if it's a problem, we will have to address it of course.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 19:41 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Can I make a request, Blood?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 19:42 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Of course, not sure I can DO it, but we can take a look  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 19:48 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

I think it's quite easy. I need a casus belli, similar to the Saruman's one. Any character with Dunlending culture should have a claim by event to some lands of Rohan (Rohirrim west-march and maybe to Gap of Rohan too). This is necessary to simulate the frequent battle between rohirrim and dunlendings, without forgetting that westmarch territories were inhabited by dunlending before the coming of Eorl. 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 19:51 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Very easily done, I'll put it in my next update on the 0.3 thread  Okay

Just mention the specific duchies you think they should have claims on, and I'll modify the claim-events.

Which reminds me, I also need to do the Moria claim, that didn't make it to the last update.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov - 14:36 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

The Dunlending claim should be on:

d_westmarch
c_adornfold
c_westmarch
c_isenangle
c_isengard (Don't worry, it's not Isengard, actually it is Isendale  Okay )
c_gap_of_rohan
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Nov - 17:27 (2013)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types Reply with quote

Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:35 (2017)    Post subject: Casus Belli Types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange