The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Events for the inheritance of "objects"
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 14:25 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

I needs someone who can works on the inheritance of our objects-traits, like the swords, the rings, scepters and things like it. 
Does someone could make it? I don't know how I can make it Wink

Thanks!
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 14:25 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 14:30 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Have you thought to take inspiration from AGOT for this? If i don't get wrong, they use something siimilar for ancestral swords
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 14:31 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yeah, but i didn't understand the events, the'yre too complex for me Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 14:34 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Mr. Green  Maybe Blood could take a look at it  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 16:51 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

I'm still trying to get provincial culture change working, and also the Maglor event (I can spawn a custom character called Maglor easily enough when a ruler with a certain culture enters a specific province, but it's hellish transferring a specific character from one court to another apparently). Good thing is that I'm slowly finding out what works and what doesn't, so if I gt a few more functional events, I'll definitely take a look at this and get it to work somehow. It's a little above my current level of scripting, but I'm pretty confident that I should eventually be able to get it to work. Probably not for 0.2d however, maybe 0.2e Smile
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 16:59 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Talking about objects. I think a nice feature would be having proper casus belli for those objects. For example a war to take the magic rings, the palantirs and so on...and it would be nothing hard to script, i think
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:03 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yeah it's a good idea!
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:05 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Can i see if i can do anything on This issue?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:06 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yeah of course, if you want to try to make the good events for the traits inheritance, you're free to Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:12 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Definitely, Roplox!

Try and make a test event, for example the scepter of the Steward and the Palantir should go to the oldest son. Then kill Denethor via the console and see if Boromir gets them. If you can get those to work, then we should easily enough be able to adapt the event for other inherited items Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:13 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yeah, and maybe will we adapt it too for the "Heir of Isildur" trait, and then only the true heir will have the trait, not all the descendants?
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:46 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

So i shall test it With the scepter then. And the "Heir of Isildur" trait too.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Oct - 17:52 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

If we can make it so that the trait is not lost (if for example the 1st son with the trait dies before having a son, it is then passed on to his oldest brother) then it would work, yes Smile

A second way of doing it is to script it with a condition that says something like "If the father does not have at least a Duchy title, then the trait is lost, to reflect that then that branch of the family has become rather unimportant, and ... to quote Denethor... "...long bereft of Lordship" Mr. Green That would keep the number of Isildur heirs down in the long run at least. For people of Dynasty Isildurianath, they can then get an event to claim the trait again if they have enough prestige, or something.

Another way to get around it is to keep the trait inherited, but increase the bonuses for Anduril/Narsil and the Ring of Barahir? That way also, only the true heir would be a "super character".

And try leaving the Heir of Isildur for now, roplox - it is already inherited via agnatic to all children as far as I know. The most important test case is one with the scepter, if that works, then you've done a great job already in helping us with events Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 10:07 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Any news with these events roplox?
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Nov - 15:58 (2013)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yes, i have managed to make an event for an object passing from the old owner of the title to the second but i am still working on dynastic succession. I could not proceed on this thing for some time as i was very busy with many things but now very recently i have come back on this subject. I believe i am very close on achieving results on this subject.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:18 (2017)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange