The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Events for the inheritance of "objects"
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 7 Jan - 12:12 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Any news roplox? I sent a mail today to Knuckey, team leader of the AGOT mod, to ask him if we can use his code, and to know how it basically works. 
And also, we've got the right to use any stuff from the AGOT mod, as long as we credit them obviously.

here's his answer about inheritance :
Quote:
As for the inheritance of objects, that can be found in on_actions_events.txt , event number 45340. 
This is basically our universal on_death event that handles anything that happens on a character's death, including inheritance of objects. 
The first block dealing with objects starts :

if = {
limit = { trait = valyrian_steel }

And passes a valyrian sword to someone. And there is a block for each possible object. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 7 Jan - 12:12 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Jan - 14:52 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

That's great news lonhaldar! I've also been studying these events lately and Will possibly be able to Work on an event later Today when i am at home.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Jan - 14:57 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

I took a look at that GoT on_actions_events.txt, and event  45340 seems simple enough for the inheritance.

But the question is how is the on_death event triggering 45340? Once we know that, it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it into our mod Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 7 Jan - 15:03 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Have you thought about casus belli related to objects too? I was thinking on war to gain the rings, or better, the palantiri.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 13:55 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

I find out where i need to trigger it : in the common/on_actions.txt file, in the "on_death" section! 
I'm testing the event now, hopefully, we'll have this event working today!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:09 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Just tested it ... It works!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:26 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Perfect! I thought it was way more complicated than that, the GoT mod also had a huuuge event-file that seemed to have to do with inheritance  Shocked

This means we can also make "craft item" decisions for Noldor and Dwarves - maybe even an event-chain to have the Gwaith-i-Mirdain resurface from the exiles in Rivendell if Eregion is captured by the noldor, and dwarven mithril armor if Moria is captured, and .... so many possibilities!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:36 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yep, we're able to make all the "unique" objects we want, and these ones will be passed to the heir now!

All the Swords/Weapons, and all the traits of "White council & rings" (without the white council and ringbearer ones obviously) file are now done  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:43 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

The palantir too?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:45 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yep, the palantir too. But maybe the palantir could be linked to settlements (Elostirion/minas Ithil/Minas Tirith/Isengard), and then only given by events to the holder of these lands?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:47 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

It could, but it's not obligatorily linked to the settlement. For example, Aragorn Elessar took the Palantir of Orthanc and brought it to Minas Tirith after the War
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 14:48 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Yep, that's why i used the same mechanics than for swords, rings, ...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 15:21 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

Added the files in my cubby, i need to change some events pictures again, but it works  Okay
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jan - 19:55 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

I suggest you do a blood of isildur for the other children as a modifier
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 00:27 (2014)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects" Reply with quote

What do you mean? That statement makes very little sense in the context of this thread...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:38 (2017)    Post subject: Events for the inheritance of "objects"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange