The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Colonisation of Wilderness Decision
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 13:19 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Hello,
I made a small decision that allow a ruler of wilderness province (who's not wilderness himself), to colonise the land with his culture/religion. For now, the only conditions that i added are these ones, but could be changed if necessary : 
war = no
in_command = no
prisoner = no
age = 16
prestige = 500
wealth = 200

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 13:19 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 14:29 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Maybe a certain level of command and stewardship?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 14:29 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Stewardship at least yes!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 15:44 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Awesome!

Been looking forward to this feature, we really are making good progress Okay

Eriador should start to look quite interesting in the next build.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 15:45 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Yep, i hope so Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 16:20 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

I'm thinking we should change the wilderness probince also to have a -99% troop and income level when holder is NOT from wilderness culture. An event like "You have cleared this province of dangerous creatures and outlaws, but it now awaits colonization". As it is now, taking a wilderness province gives quite a lot of income and troops. We can fix this with a province_modifier (perhaps custom made) that is then given and removed once the province is colonized.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 4 Nov - 17:28 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

I like it! And regarding wilderness/troops. Don't you think that some Wilderness provinces can raise to many troops?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 12:13 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

There are two ways of doing it, the easy way, and the hard way Smile Hard way is not too hard though probably, I just don't know how to do it yet as it involves making a province modifier that is added or removed via event/decision.

The easy way is to make the wilderness culture just like I did for the Dunedain/elves/etc. Give them a -75% troop raise levy, and a -99% income with no bonuses. Troop malus is fine, but the downside is that it will also (I think) make the garrisons -75% making them easier to conquer. This modifier will remain as long as the culture is culture_wilderness. This will take me 5 minutes to mod in to the game.

The harder way is to make a special province modifier, that is added once a non-wilderness character rules a wilderness province. We'll have to make two new event for this, both for adding it, and for removing it.

In some ways I prefer option 1, and then maybe make the wilderness CB require 100 prestige/influence also, so that one does not steamroll the entire area too quickly.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 12:17 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Yeah, i prefer the first solution too. And so if someone conquers a wilderness province, he won't have powerfull armies, until he make the decision to "colonize it". So he'll have to burn prestige with the CB, and prestige/gold with the decision, will certainly make a good balance!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 12:19 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Excellent!

I'll make it later today then, modifying the wilderness culture and wilderness CB. I also think the 100 prestige cost is good for balance and the -99% income will also mean that the wilderness provs do not upgrade buildings on their own Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 12:23 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Yeah that's good! Maybe could we make too some changes in the buildings files, so that wilderness can't build any buildings?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 12:57 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Should be easy enough to do, yes - I'll give it a try!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 18:13 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

Done with the buildings, CB, and wilderness culture edits - will post update on the alpha thread when I have some more to add.

In the mean time, could you post your code for the colonization Lon?

I'd like to adapt it to one for orcs/sauron to either enslave or re-settle a province with orcs - and more importantly, make sure that human/dwarf/elf/halfling rulers quickly clear a province of orcs so that they don't get the huge levies. It is completley unrealistic for orcs to serve in the Gondorian or elven armies, after all Very Happy
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 18:15 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

For now it's something quite basic :

The decision :
Quote:
decisions = {

send_colons  = {
is_high_prio = yes
potential = {
location = {
owner = { character = ROOT }
religion = religion_wilderness
culture = culture_wilderness
}
demesne_size = 1
}
allow = {
war = no
in_command = no
prisoner = no
age = 16
prestige = 500
wealth = 200
}
effect = {
province_event = { id ="colonisation.0" }
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
modifier = {
factor = 0
NOT = {
OR = {
wealth = 1000
scaled_wealth = 3.0
}
}
}
}
}

}

The event :
Quote:
namespace = colonisation
province_event = {
id = colonisation.0
desc = "colonisation_de1"
picture = GFX_evt_colonisation

trigger = {
owner = {
top_liege = {
culture = PREV
religion = PREV
}
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 1
}

option = {
name = "colonisation0opt1" #Let's go!
location = {
culture = ROOT
if = {
limit = {
NOT = { religion = ROOT }
}
religion = ROOT
}
}
wealth = -200
prestige = 100
}
option = {
name = "colonisation0opt1" #Not now !
}
}

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 5 Nov - 18:39 (2013)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision Reply with quote

It looks good! I'll try and see if I can adapt it and make a few variations of it for different cultures/rulers when they conquer alien provinces. The last time for some odd reason adapting the normal CK II cultural change events didn't quite work out.

Shouldn't the

prestige = 100 be prestige = -100 however?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 13:44 (2017)    Post subject: Colonisation of Wilderness Decision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange