The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

[RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Bugs Reports -> Resolved Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 18:00 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Here's a thread about the savegame crash.

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Wed 11 Dec - 19:57 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 18:00 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 21:38 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

From the GoT mod post:

//////

Originally Posted by Bujyland

Crash when resign, and crash when trying to load a save.
///////

I avoided the CTDs that I was having while loading save files and quitting by adding a few ramdom number to duplicated character idson the history files.

Try to do a seach in windows explorer in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\A Game of Thrones\history\characters for the ids 60069, 60169, 22154, 4520356, 5630212, 6007800. find the ones with the least connections and add a few ramdom numbers to it.
///////

Could well be our problem, I'll look into it. Loads of other people had the same issue at some point with GoT.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?610007-Mod-A-Game-of-Thr…
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 21:54 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Normally i removed the duplicate id in my latest files!  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 22:10 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Yep, it wasn't that, nor was it the Casus Belli errors... I pointed the mod to /common/cb_types and deleted our CBs, but still crash on load game. Will continue investigating Okay  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 22:11 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Ok good! I hope we'll fix this 3 crash known bugs soon Wink
Courage!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 22:33 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Have you tried fixing the duplicate characters AND changing their ID's in the title histories? I can do it for Amroth, but I'm not sure about the Easterling duplicate ID's so it's probably best if you give it a go.

Windows error logs show Exception code 0xc0000005  which is an Access Violation - probably meaning the game is trying to access something that doesn't exist - like a title in a certain date where a character isn't born yet? Or giving a title that is already held by someone else?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 22:52 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

If a title is not granted at a date, he'll automatically go to the nearest heir, or will be random.I changed the id in the characters files but not in the title histories, it could be the point, but i'm not sure about it.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 7 Nov - 23:19 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

We should rule it out at least, as lots of people had the exact same crashes with GoT mod due to duplicates.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 12:53 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

So, i removed all the duplicate ids, and i launched a new game, saved it, but i always crashed when i try to reload it. It seems that's there's an other problem than duplicates!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:33 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

In theory it could be the casus belli errors that corrupt the save-game (though I don't see how).

I'll try and fix them, and post the corrected version here, then you can see if it works in your version with fixed ID's.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:35 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:39 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

I already try with removing the casus belli who makes errors, and it didn't fix it :s
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:43 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Guys, try to use the Validator and see which error will be found
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?597480-The-Validator-Fin…
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:44 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Already did, but we've got too many errors Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:46 (2013)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
Already did, but we've got too many errors Very Happy

That's normal. It's a huge mod, and it's pretty WIP. Maybe the error hides itself in other little errors  Mr. Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:16 (2017)    Post subject: [RESOLVED] Crash with Savegamess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Bugs Reports -> Resolved Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange