The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Holy Orders and Mercenaries
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 15:59 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

I started adding Holy Orders and Mercenaries, and will post them here for discussion where they can be changed as needed.

For Flags, so far I'm just using the one from their Home Duchy. I'm not changing the landed_titles.txt, I put in new mercenaries.txt and holyorders.txt in the folder for these.

I at least can't get specific restrictions to work on the Holy Orders, so some (like the Guardians of Rivendell and Lorien) have had to cost money instead of piety - but it was the only way to restrict them to a title holder and culture (noldor and d_rivendell, and sindar and d_lorien respectively). Otherwise Elrond and Celeborn could hire each other's guards which we don't want.

What I have so far:

Holy Orders:

Knights of Dol Amroth (500 Gondorian Knights - available to most Dunedain religion chars in Gondor region, based at Dol Amroth)

Mordor Trolls (200 trolls, x15 combat modifier, based at troll province next to Barad_Dur, available to religion_melkor rulers in the area)

7 Nazgul companies/Holy Orders of around 1000 orkish heavy infantry each, based at Barad_Dur, available to religion_melkor rulers in area)

Mercenaries:

Guardians of Lorien
    levy_size = 1
    light_infantry = 10
    knights = 20
    archers = 1000
    heavy_infantry = 500
    horse_archers = 50
A strong force, but Lorien really should have a boost, as it is too weak right now in my opinion. It should be able to defeat the armies of Dol Guldur, after all. Restrictions, Sindar and D_Lorien.

Guardians of Imladris
    levy_size = 2
    knights = 50
    horse_archers = 75
Around 200+ , I wanted only to make it 100, but apparently mercenary companies have to be minimum size 200? Restrictions Noldor and D_Rivendell. Is this too strong? It means that Elrond can raise 500 Noldor at game-start, which - ceteris paribus -  is equivalent to 3500 men and 5-6000 orcs.

I'll keep updating as I add more - suggestions and changes welcome! Okay

Should we give Saruman 5000 Uruk-Hai (Holy Order)?

And perhaps Rohan, 3-4 mercenary companies of 1000 mixed cavalry each, called "Muster of Eastfold, Westfold, etc" ? Right now Rohan is quite weak with about a 5-6000 man levy, when in fact they should be able to muster something like 12,000 men according to the books..

Corsairs of Umbar, available to Black_Numenorean holder of D_Umbar? How big should this force be?
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 15:59 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 16:11 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Something with Ents and Druedain? A little while ago I was thinking about a "ask for Druedain/Ents help" decision. Something similar to the AGOT decision (Hire Golden Company). 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 16:18 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Ahh yes, speaking of Ents/Huorns, I should also change their combat modifiers to something crazy like x20 and x10 for Huorns, and then give them a -90% raise_levy penalty, right?

We should make the decision/event first, and then use a add_character_flag =helpfroments / helpfromdruedain and then add a restriction saying that the mercenary company can only be hired by ents/druedain OR has_character_flag = helpfroments / helpfromdruedain. If the character flag works as a restriction, that should be easy enough to do. We have to be careful though that it only fires (the ent part at least) very rarely, as an ent/huorn mercenary company will be extremely powerful.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 16:22 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:46 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Perfect for me, go ahead !  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:56 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Great  Okay

I should have a first draft working version soon then.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Nov - 18:58 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Ok good! Will add this first mercenary version in the next build !
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 09:53 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Shouldn't we remove Faramir as Captain of the Rangers of Ithilien? I know it's accurate that he is, but he can't marry or be given titles under hardcoded game-mechanics, so on the balance, I think it's more accurate to remove him  Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 10:18 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Another Gameplay vs Lore. Damn  Neutral
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 10:37 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

At starting date, it should be the Captain of the Rangers, but maybe could we change it by events after?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 11:03 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Maybe a decision for Denethor "Resign Faramir from the Rangers". Could it be coded? So that if the player wants Faramir to be married, he can have him in his court"
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 11:04 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Yeah, or maybe only make "Rangers of Ithilien" a titular title, and not a mercenary/holy order one!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 11:35 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

I prefer the titular title Smile

You can always give him command of a 500-man archer retinue and then combine this with the mercenary company called Rangers of Ithilien only hirable by D_RangersofIthilien? Not sure a court character can hire mercs though... maybe also give him a barony in Cair Andros or West Osgiiath (just a castle, not the whole province).

As for starting out as merc leader and then transferring via event/decision, the transfer specific character commands are not easy to do. It was what I was stuck with with the Maglor event at least.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 11:38 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Ok! I prefer to give him a land somewhere in Ithilien by the way!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Nov - 11:49 (2013)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries Reply with quote

Ahh yes, Gondor does have a few provinces there. Hmm, but if we give him land, then he will marry on his own, which he shouldn't be allowed to...

How about we just give him a titular duchy title, keep him in Denethor's court, and make the condition for hiring rangers that any realm vassal has the title D_rangersofithilien? That way any ruler of Gondor can hire the rangers as long as Faramir or his heirs are alive.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:37 (2017)    Post subject: Holy Orders and Mercenaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange