The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Beta Release
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1640, 41, 42  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:32 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Yep, we should allow them imho.

I was thinking about you heir of isildur claim fix Wink
For the colonise with dunedain solution, i'm ok with it too!
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:32 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:33 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

As I said before, I'd say yes for Dunlending and no for Bree-Folk Mr. Green
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:39 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I'll leave the colonisation with Dunedain for later, that is more of a 4th age problem that we should look at IF it becomes an issue.

And alright, let's try just for Dunlendings first, since Bree-landers were not that expansionist and see what happens Okay

Will post an update shortly, I also got the orc invasion event to work, where unlanded orcish courtiers go seeking duchies to conquer, adapted from the viking events from ToG. So far it's working great, Dunland just got conquered by an Orc Horde (but not exterminated, dunlendings and other non-dunedain/non-rohirrim cultures are allowed to live on - as slaves Very Happy )
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:40 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

That's GREAT! Very HappyI'm eager to see this event in action Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 18:53 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Eru bless Blood Royal
Mr. Green
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 19:49 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

My last update before release (assuming the mod works with the most recent patch, and we don't need to do anything else there):

Update 15 changelog:

-fixed it so that if you re on the good side, you will also expel rulers of wight and wilderness culture, and not just orcs
-made a kinstrife event for if the heir does not have the blood of numenor traits: afterwards, even if they lose the rebellious kings stay independent.
This was done so that there was some kind of challenge for Gondor, otherwise, it just becomes completely unbeatable in long playthroughs, because normally the gondorian lords wont join independence factions against the house of isildur either. It also gives evil players a chance, since a united kingdom is basically undefeatable by any other faction.
-changed plot events, so that gondorians/rohirrim can plot normally against their lords again IF Sauron is defeated (the external threat has gone away).
Elves, dwarves, and Halflings still won't fight civil wars over such things however, or well, will not start them. They can join the plot if another cultured vassal starts it
-also fixed a major bug/oversight in plots, they should work properly now for all races
-changed evil_side event so that evil men rulers no longer get the event if Sauron is dead.
-added Orc Invasion events, modified from the ToG one to work for orcs seeking duchies and kingdoms. I've seen orcs conquer dunland now, and several other duchies in eriador. Their invasion armies are quite weak though, around 4-5k, so they shouldn't be a major problem for balance.
-made a few tweaks to the colonisation decision, nothing major, just to ensure it happens more often
-added a few more retinues
-minor tweak to give saruman more troops for his main attack, but he still loses to rohan almost all the time

Here are the files, everything should be safe to copy/paste over the old ones:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ahntvx

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 19:51 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Oops, forgot the edited cb_types.

This goes straight over the old one in common/cb_types:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7y65f
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 21:02 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Ahh, the new patch with restrictions on retinues seems to have changed things, so that now everyone can hire every retinue...

I fixed it, and also was able to give retinues to evil_side Maiar and Istari (Saruman and Sauron).

PLUS - my last update had the file in /retinue_subunits.

It belongs in COMMON/retinue_subunits. Please delete the old folder, and put this one in the correct common/retinue_subunits patch and overwrite the old file. Thanks Okay

File:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cudisp
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 22:21 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Hmm, the limitation for rulers to not start plots for certain rulers until after Sauron's defeat does not appear to work. They're plotting away, even during the War of the Ring. I still think we should leave it is, even with 2 Kingdoms in revolt, Gondor still won the Great War - with a little help from Aragorn and Rohan of course Wink

It's because the plot events are letter_events and not character_events, i guess the "has global flag = saurondefeated" limitation doesn't work somehow on those?

Still, it all adds to the fun, and gives a little more challenge to Gondor. So yeah, my vote is to keep it in as-is, even though we advertised that plots would not be possible against certain rulers. Mordor, on the other hand, seems very stable, so Sauron still runs a tight ship!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 23:08 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Minor fix to province_racechange event, to include orc/goblin/uruk culture, and not just orkish religion for when good side courtiers have to flee:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1o6l8u

It goes straight to the event folder, over-writing the old one.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 14:47 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

All is now in the build Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 14:58 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Perfect!

Did you upload it yet? I think I'll spend today on some random courtier flavour events for the different races, but there should be time to include that in the final build tomorrow as well, there may be other small fixes that we need to do in-between also Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 14:59 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Nope, i'm working again on some little things on my side, i'll upload a 0.3.6b in a couple of hours, so we'll be able to test it before a release tomorrow (if all goes well!)
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 15:01 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Excellent!

Can you wait until tonight, or post here before you upload it? I'd like to include as many of the courtier-flavor events as possible in the first build Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 15:02 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Ok, i'll wait for you so Wink
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:29 (2017)    Post subject: Beta Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 314, 15, 1640, 41, 42  >
Page 15 of 42

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange