The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Beta Release
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 440, 41, 42  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov - 16:45 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Alright, it's definitely something with some of the new ones - especially woodsmen quickly get buggy with their children's portraits, and then it spreads from there to the others I've noticed  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov - 16:45 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov - 16:45 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

So, the marriage crash is caused by portraits bugs?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov - 16:53 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

The marriage crash is from one culture's female portraits, I think, which makes the game crash when they load. Haradrim?

My portrait bug is where first the child portraits go blank, and then it spreads to other characters until they're just a grey brick background that you can't click on. 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 15 Nov - 17:09 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I'm not sure that the crash with haradrim is caused by portraits, as only some specific lands crashed. I think it's more about characters therselves.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov - 18:20 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

A running version of the mod for the 2.0 patch is alive, i'll post it in a few minutes  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov - 18:28 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Files are in my cubby
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov - 18:31 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Mine is uploading  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 18 Nov - 19:48 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

0.3.1 is the good running version. I'm aware of some graphical bugs with portraits, as they changed some things with the new files, i'll fix them soon, don't worry Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 12:30 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Mini update of some core files, just so we all have the same working version:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/508rqr

Changelog:

Fixed wilderness culture name in static_modifiers, will now get proper restrictions

Retinues got double bonuses from culture also, fixed this in retinue file where needed

Added half_elf and elven_blood traits/inheritance events. Changed half_elf trait to not be inherited = 50 in traits file, as there is now another system in place.  A few others fixes like removed Birth = 100 for dwarven, and health = yes for blood of numenor. The file should be copy/pasted directly over the old one, to be sure all fixes are included.

Gave elven_blood to Imrahil's dynasty.

Fixed intermarriage issues by moving orkish religion group to Melkor, and Hildor religion group to Edain.

Made half-orc trait and inheritance event. Added orc section to Lon's "races_events.txt" to give the orkish trait to orc and goblin cultured chars

Gave independent Dunlendish rulers with 500 prestige a claim on some rohan provinces

Known issues:

Half-Elves of elven culture group automatically get the elf trait as well due to Lon's elf-trait event. I'll modify this as needed in the future.
Need new icons for half-elf, elven blood, and half-orc traits. Also need localisation name and description.

Gamersgate version doesn't have the new patch ready to download, so I'll have to put my modding on hold until it does (should be very soon)
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 12:37 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 12:58 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Also remember to add the fixed colonisation event/decision from page 1 here to the latest build Lonhaldar - the original one with some issues is still in 0.3.1  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 13:41 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Hmmpf, also found an annoying bug with the new patch... most of the characters, especially rulers, don't get their blood_of_numenor traits anymore  Shocked Or is it just my version that has this bug? Denethor and Imrahil and the Princes of Lebennin and Anorien should have it, but don't, nor do the counts in the Dol Amroth area. The wives and most of hte characters have it, but not the rulers.... weird!

Edit:

Weird bug, but removing the potential: culture = culture_group_numenorean part seems to have fixed it. No harm in doing so, I guess, since other culture groups could also get it if they intermarried with a Dunedain... here's the revised traits.txt, copy/paste over the previous one.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wlfgnc
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 16:18 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Yeah, i saw the same problem with the "maiar "trait, and the same, fix it with removing the "potential culture" of the trait.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Nov - 16:23 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

It could also be because it should be potential = ( culture_GROUP = culture_group_numenorean } but for the Blood of Numenor and Isildur at least we can remove it entirely, I think.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 21 Nov - 07:36 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Hmm, 2.0 seems to have messed up religions somehow, but I don't understand why. There was  missing } in the file which I fixed, but I still get this:

This is the file with the fixed } :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aa6aph

Very strange, been trying to fix it for a while now, but can't see anything wrong so far.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:20 (2017)    Post subject: Beta Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 440, 41, 42  >
Page 3 of 42

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange