The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Beta Release
Goto page: <  1, 2, 337, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 11:51 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

So what is the cleanest build so far ?
We have 2 test builds and some patch for v4...
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 11:51 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 15:53 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I have tried to iron this out. Most of the patch stuff is already included but it wasn't cleared out. The test build with the most recent date should work.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 16:11 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I am having a look to the latest build (0.4.1b Test) with the 0.4b patch but there is little point in making any comment if this is not the to date version
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 6 Nov - 19:48 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

These problems with Dropbox patches are why I suggested the change to Github, which is better in every way to Dropbox. Alot of other mods use this system.

It allows you to build revisions seperate from the main build and look at every change indiviudally side by side very easily, as well as having a full history of changes, who they were made by, etc

Once we have a definitive build and I know no one else is making any changes to their own internal builds or the patch folder (communication is a joke atm) I will update Git to the definitive build and all future modding with go from there
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 23:02 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Lon could you let me know when you are done with changes so we can make a complete RAR build?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 14:57 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Well, you can make a new build with my latest changes if you want, there's again some little problems like : 
- No more pop-ups events for birth/weddings (certainly a wrong removal of some vanilla events)
- The religions icons are wrong, at least in my build ^^
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 18:29 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Do you have a playable build Lon? If so, could you rar it and put it on the Dropbox?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 21:55 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Ye, will do it tomorrow Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 9 Nov - 12:09 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

- Fixed a bug with the buildings allowed at started date (used the new on_action trigger "on_chronicle_start" who fires at game start)

My current build will be uploaded in a couple of minutes on dropbox. After that, will use Github too Redit Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 12:48 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

We are almost ready to release 0.4b, we ca decide on what needs to take priority, and try and release by 1st Dec perhaps?

I would like this to be a great release, and we can get some better publicity with a good news page for moddb and Paradox.

We can also include a readme with lots of info on installation and such to cut down on FAQs, and possibly include the startup event with some hints, news and such.

Any thoughts?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 12:56 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I can make an installer too if you want. So, the ones who won't be able to install by themselves will have an easy way to do it.

I'm agree for all the other stuff : publicity, maybe a little teasing "Coming from the Path of the Deads - Middle-Earth Project 0.4.1b - 01.12.14"? I can make a picture/banner for this if you want.

I'm agree about something more than the changelog. A small guide can be cool, if you've got enough time to do it?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 13:01 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Installer would be useful yeah!

I like the sound of that, great tag line Wink a banner would be great

I'll make a simple event, only issue is deciding what to include. I guess racial troop bonuses is important, any other features which you think need some extra info for new players?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 13:03 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Maybe a word about colonisation/purge mechanics?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 13:06 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Yep, definitely important.

I'll just do these 2 things for now
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 28 Nov - 13:32 (2014)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:26 (2017)    Post subject: Beta Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 337, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  >
Page 38 of 42

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange