The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Beta Release
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 740, 41, 42  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 16:37 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Posting a quick fix update for the good/evil system, plus the army size issue, and also some other minor changes.

Update 8
-Worked on Good/Evil system, changelog in the thread. Seems to work fully now as intended.
Keep in mind however that though orcish rulers always get the trait, independent "evil men" have only 50% chance of taking the submit to Sauron event-choice. For the War of the Ring Scenario, we should make sure that the ones allied to Sauron start with the trait and melkor cult religion in their character files (Rhun, Khand and Harad at least - not sure if Umbar was really allied to Sauron, or if they just saw a good time to strike at Gondor). Saruman and Sauron should also be given the evil side trait in their character files.
-Modified plots so that those with the evil trait (elves, dwarves, isildur or stewards or eorlings) will now have their vassals free to plot against them and initiate inter-realm wars even if they were previously protected
-Gave Walls of Minas Tirith 150 heavy infantry and 150 archers (Previously Denethor was too weak compared to his vassals, i only gave 300 troops though because each of the 6 minas-tirith castle baronies also get these troops, and it would make minas tirith overpowered if all 7 castles there got 500 troops each)
-Removed potential = culture group dunedain from Blood of Numenor traits, for some odd reason ruling characters were not getting it previously due to that. Also changed health bonuses from 10 and 5 to 12 and 6 respectively.
-Fixed missing } in Calaquendi religion so it shows properly now, and also removed parent = melkor from sauron cult (none of the other religions use parent religions anymore either)
-Edited latest version of defines.lua to modify troop sizes so they are similar to before (but requires testing for balance, didnt check for all realms)

Everything should be copy/pasted directly on to the current build Okay

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ugau0k
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 16:37 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Dec - 17:57 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Superb work with the evil/good event. Okay
Now that your modding abilites seem to have hugely improved, when you got time, you could try to work on elfman's old project, since he disappeared.

EDIT: The games crashes when i click on Nazgul pèortraits
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 7 Dec - 10:18 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Thanks! It was fun modding it too, actually Okay

However, in his cubby Elfman has got mostly event ideas, and only one real event starting with the imprisonment of Eomer. What project did you mean?

Doing war of the ring specific events is probably a bit soon, I think I'll try some flavor events for general modding practice, look into the inheritance event again from aGoT, and also prevent spawning of random Maiar characters.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 7 Dec - 11:11 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:
Chris93 wrote:
EDIT: The games crashes when i click on Nazgul pèortraits

Yeah, i know it! It´ll be fix soon Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 7 Dec - 11:28 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I forgot to include the "decision" to change sides, I just realized. I'll include it in my next update package as well just in case, but for now, here it is:

It should just be dropped into the decision folder directly.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5rfzbq
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 7 Dec - 11:47 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
Thanks! It was fun modding it too, actually Okay

However, in his cubby Elfman has got mostly event ideas, and only one real event starting with the imprisonment of Eomer. What project did you mean?

Doing war of the ring specific events is probably a bit soon, I think I'll try some flavor events for general modding practice, look into the inheritance event again from aGoT, and also prevent spawning of random Maiar characters.

I mean the garrison event, it's an event that should make some troops appear in certain provinces if an anemy army approaches. I don't know whether those files already work, but it will be very important to prevent IA crossing some important zones, (Black Gate/Minas Morgul/Moria for example) without fighting.
The file is garrison.txt
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 8 Dec - 09:37 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Hmm, it seems like garrison.txt is a completed event for the Black Gate, but it doesn't seem to work in-game when I test it. The problem is also that there is a 20-day "heartbeat" in game for checking for events, so making it fire on exactly the few days that the condition is met (enemy army in black gate) is also going to be hard, as far as I understand game mechanics at least.

I'm not sure if this garrison-thing is feasible, it would be nice indeed that you can't just walk through the black gate without first having to siege it, but I don't think it's something that can be done in the CK II engine.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 8 Dec - 15:15 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

A couple of suggestions after some playtests
-Hobbit mortality rate should be lowered, in my games they always die at 60/70.
-Independent counts shouldn't be allowed to use "Wilderness conquest casus belli", or after some years you'll se big territories under a unique count. Also Druedain shouldn't be allowed to use it
-Elves/Hobbit/Dwarf trait/events need localisations
Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 8 Dec - 15:19 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Ok, i'll make the localisations now  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 13:10 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

update 9
-Added decision to change side (forgot in update 8)

-Implemented Alliance system, includes:
*Red Arrow between Rohan and Gondor
*When Mordor is under attack, they call in their allies with the evil_side trait from culture groups southron, easterling, and black numenorean
*When Rivendell is under attack, they can ask independent dunedain rulers of the north for help (but the Dunedain cannot ask the elves, I think this is
realistic, since the Elves are at this point very isolationist and only once in all the many wars with Angmar did they send help, and that was just for
the final battle when their own survival was also at stake)
*For now only Dale can ask for aid of Erebor and not vice versa. This is because Erebor is the capital of the "kingdom of the dwarves", so if I restrict it to
holder of c_erebor is under attack, this will trigger every time someone somewhere declares war on the Durin-dwarves. Since we don't want Dale marching
half way across the map holding out dwarves everywhere, I left out this decision. However, human players of Dale will get an event choice to help the dwarves when they are under attack if they feel like it.

Implemented Sauron commanding allies system, includes:
*Ability to command holder of K_Gundabad in the north if orcish or has evil_side trait
*Ability to command easterlings and southrons via decision as well, giving them claims on certain areas which will hopefully encourage them to attack
*The event looks for independent rulers of certain cultures with the trait evil_side
(eventually I'll see if I can force them to ATTACK as well, and not just give claims, but this may take some time)

-Fixed some errors in personality_traits event file, that were triggering incorrectly for Sauron
-Fixed errors in culture file, some did not have correct static_modifiers.
*important*: use my culture file for current build, and if any other changes have been made, copy paste them directly to the relevant part
-To strengthen Saruman, gave Uruks slight combat bonuses in addition to levy size bonus of 75% (instead of 100% for orcs)

Here are the files for the update package:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwf7fl

Issues:
What happened to the dwarven infertility event/trait? There's no trace of it - was it not added previously?
Here are the original files, but they will have to be integrated into the current version of the /common/traits and interface/traits files as needed
Do not copy/paste directly as the traits files are of obsolete versions.

((( dwarven infertility: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hix3uu )))

Further Requests:
Give Saruman and Sauron evil_side trait in their character files so they'll act more aggressively
Elrond has religion Eru - change this back to Moriquendi

But yes, that's it for now Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 13:34 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Huge work. Just a suggestion. The Sauron's call for aid should involve every ruler with the evil_side trait in my opinion, not only some cultures. If I'm the ruler of Brownlands, for istance, and I decided to be subjugated by Sauron, I want him to call me in war! Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 13:42 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

I did think about this, but the problem is that we don't want the Orcs of Gundabad or Moria to march to Sauron's aid every time Mordor is attacked. I limited it to culture_groups easterlings and southrons, and black numenoreans.

If however, say, you are an evil Gondorian ruler and have turned to the dark side, you will have the same religion as Sauron so you can always join his defensive wars against his religious enemies if you like in that way. The same will happen if you are a non-easterling who has submitted to Sauron and are ruling the brownlands.

The basic issue is that only those neighbors close to Mordor under his command should be summoned, in my opinion at least. Or?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 15:33 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

And Chris, if you're the ruler of Brownlands, you may be from a balchoth culture certainly, which is part of the easterlings group  Okay

I'm agree with you Blood, all the evil guys of the map should'nt be unified, there's no orks of Misty Mountains/Gundabad in the armies of Mordor i guess, and no dunlendings. If Mordor could ask Harad/Rhun/khand/Umbar and potentially balchoths, it'll be an enough strength against Gondor/Rohan!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Dec - 23:05 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Yeah, the Goblins of and Orcs of the Misty Mountains should be aligned with Sauron, but they should have their own wars to focus on during the War. I.E. they should be preparing strikes against their neighboring Elven and Beorning/Woodmen realms, just as also some Orcs of Mordor along with some Easterlings march against the Kingdoms of Dale and Erebor. I think during the War Months, March 3019 in particular, should see conflict in nearly all corners of the map, with only Lindon, Mithlond, Blue Mountains, the Shire, and Bree-lands still being at peace.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 11 Dec - 00:57 (2013)    Post subject: Beta Release Reply with quote

Yep, I've got the 90% of the knowledge to script a "mega-war" at the moment, so it should be do-able! I just need to learn how to force someone to declare war on a specific title... I know how to bring the allies in now via event at least.

I was thinking though, how would you guys feel about extending the time frame of the first major assault by 10 years? I think from a gameplay perspective, it'll be overwhelming for dozens of events to trigger in the first year, without ever having given the player a chance to get set-up and prepare properly. And we can't have them start prepared, since we can't place any buildings except custom province-specific ones... extending it by 10 years would, in my opinion, make for much smoother game-play and allow for some dramatic build-up instead of "Oh dear, what's happening now, WTF!" when you start.

The entire action of the books happen in the space of one year, the CK II engine simply isn't set up for that kind of pacing IMO.

Edit: Or actually, we don't have to force players to make that choice. We can have them send Frodo on from Rivendell on the historical date and the main quest starts at the correct date, or we can have them "park" Frodo there indefinitely and they can play sandbox for as long as they like - that way everyone's happy, I guess.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:40 (2017)    Post subject: Beta Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 740, 41, 42  >
Page 6 of 42

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange