The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, … 9, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:19 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

We can't remove the lands west of isen from a de_jure kingdom of Rohan i think, and we've got some important characters in these lands if my memory is good. 
The best way, maybe, to simulate the war between Isengard and Rohan is to make at the beginning of the scenario a war between these two kingdoms, with some flavour troops for Saruman, and then he'll be able to take the lands quickly, no?
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:19 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:21 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
We can't remove the lands west of isen from a de_jure kingdom of Rohan i think, and we've got some important characters in these lands if my memory is good. 
The best way, maybe, to simulate the war between Isengard and Rohan is to make at the beginning of the scenario a war between these two kingdoms, with some flavour troops for Saruman, and then he'll be able to take the lands quickly, no?

If he means Isendale, it has never been part of de jure rohan. 
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:21 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahh ok, great  Okay Then just ignore what I wrote about Rohan, including the de jure changes, I'll make it work so that Saruman takes the lands west of the isen in the first skirmish, and then if we make Theoden "incapable" due to Saruman's magic, then he shouldn't counter-attack on his own either right away.

Eastern Osgiliath does need to go to Denethor, however, for the skirmish war on that front to proceed.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:24 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
Ahh ok, great  Okay Then just ignore what I wrote about Rohan, including the de jure changes, I'll make it work so that Saruman takes the lands west of the isen in the first skirmish, and then if we make Theoden "incapable" due to Saruman's magic, then he shouldn't counter-attack on his own either right away.

Eastern Osgiliath does need to go to Denethor, however, for the skirmish war on that front to proceed.

I'll do it  Okay
Since we're talking about the map. What do you think about Henneth Annun? I don't know if it's better to give Faramir only the barony of Henneth Annun or the entire county.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:31 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I think it was more of a "hidden base" than anything else, and besides, Ithilien/Murazor will take any Gondorian holding there instantly, and it's not really accurate to say that Gondor would mobilize all its troops to defend that little outpost. They would mobilize to defend East Osgiliath, yes, but the other lands of Ithilien were already lost by this time I think.

Besides, I plan on giving Denethor the choice of sending either Faramir or Boromir to Rivendell, so personally I'd prefer it at least if they were both just normal courtiers in Minas Tirith at game-start Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 12:50 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well, if we made Faramir an independant ruler of the Rangers of Ithilien, it should resolve the problem: we'll be able to give him a barony or a county, and if Mordor/Harad/Rhun attack him, Gondor won't raise all his troops?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 13:05 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I don't think you can give landed titles to leaders of mercenary companies, and also leaders of mercenary companies can't marry - that's why I took Faramir out of the Rangers of Ithilien, since he really should be able to marry and get titles at some point.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 17:12 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I'm making VERY good progress on these event chains, have the fords of Isen event triggering perfectly now, and Rohan is weakened due to Theoden having a "Under the spell of Saruman" trait that gives -80 general opinion.

One question though Chris - what's Isengards c_xxx name, and province ID? In the landed titles file it says 226 # Isenvale/Isengard, but the troops spawn in Isenvale when I use that number, not Isengard. Is there some issue with ID's for Isengard? I think you mentioned something similar before... or?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 17:22 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Isengard is c_orthanc ID 225
Isenvale is c_isengard ID 226 (The province in south of Isengard)
Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 17:28 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahhh, alright, makes sense then!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 17:59 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Oh, and also change culture to Gondorian, otherwise they spawn orc troops in East Osgiliath Razz
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 13 Dec - 18:00 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 19:42 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

A small progress report, I'm up to almost 900 lines of code now, and it's going very well! My scripting really has gotten to the level where I spend most of the time actually scripting, instead of trying to figure out why it doesn't work  Mr. Green

I've got most of the introductory events done, and am right now at the event where the fellowship gets attacked on the way to Rivendell. Here's some screens to show what's been done so far:

For Mordor, Rohan, and Gondor is now really feels like the early build-up towards a great war:

Denethor hears of this...

But he's about to have his own problems to worry about...

So in the first year, we'll have Sauron attack Osgiliath, and Saruman attacking the borders of Rohan and taking all land west of the Isen, including the Gap of Rohan. Meanwhile, in the north... Frodo starts his quest on Jan 1st 11363, and soon meets Aragorn ( a player Aragorn can refuse to go to the prancing pony, but AI Aragorn always will take that choice):

The early fellowship then gets an event on the way to Rivendell, that they are being tracked. If Aragorn is with them, they have a 95% chance of getting there safely. Without Aragorn, it's only a 50% chance, so players should be careful about being selfish and staying home to conquer new lands Very Happy

Oh, and by the way, AI-Aragorn will NEVER take the ring... completely out of character, at least in this early stage. But I left the option for a player who wanted to go down that route...

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 19:49 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Looks really great, i'm eager to test it by myself Wink
Could we have at the same time an evil army in Rhovanion (Gundabad?), against Thranduil/Dain/Dale/Grimbeorn? So all the "good factions" will have their own wars to make!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 19:57 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Oh yes, definitely!

It'll be a proper bloodbath, the great war, do not worry Smile

As for the northern wars, I'm not actually sure what's the best solution - to make it kind of like an "invasion" with a claimant spawning with his own army, or to only use the kingdom-forces?

Gundabad can definitely invade Anduin vale, I've gotten that to happen before.

But Dol Guldur and Moria are far too weak to take on Lorien, likewise, I think Thranduil and Erebor are far too powerful for Rhun or the Easterlings. It might be better to just script some independent invasions there that spawn and go after certain claims around the map when Sauron attacks Minas Tirith, so we have it all in one big epic war at the same time?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:38 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, … 9, 10, 11  >
Page 2 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange