The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 49, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:01 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yeah, i agree, an independant invasion should be the better way to make the war in north. Maybe we can spawn a goblin/orkish army from the Misty Mountains against Lorien/Anduin Vale/West Mirkwood, and an Easterling one for Dale/Erebor/East of Mirkwood!

But that's not our priority, you can focus on the main events Wink
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:01 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:05 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Oh no, it won't take long actually Smile

I'm going to try and do a working version of the entire war of the ring now, it shouldn't take more than a few days if all goes well. I've got one version of each type of event I need working now, so duplicating that to several different war-theaters is just a matter of copy/pasting, writing descriptions,and changing a few variables!

Btw how are we doing on pictures available for events? It would be sooo much easier if we could just use the movie images, but I guess we'd better not... right now I'm using the standard picture I always use for em, but we should definitely look into finding some more flavorful ones!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:07 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

We've got a lot of pictures by several artists that we'll be able to use for events, i'll make them when i'll have your files, no problem! (if you want to see them, just check the ressources/artists drawings folders Wink)
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:11 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Do you still have the old files? Isenvale is Isengardian, not Rohirrim o.O
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 14 Dec - 20:13 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I haven't updated yet, been too busy coding Razz
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec - 12:56 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Some suggestions for event pictures :
The Oath of Eorl

War at North

Sauron command his armies
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec - 12:57 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Gorgeous
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec - 13:21 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Awesome!!!

It's going to look really really good, this mod Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec - 20:12 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

At the bridge of Khazad-Dum now... but I can't get Gandalf to appear in-game, even when I set his employer to be 3003 (Elrond).

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone succeeded in placing him in-game so far?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 15 Dec - 23:49 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Another, slightly larger issue:

The events for claim-specific invasions are from the Old Gods, and Paradox has specifically stated mods cannot use DLC-specific events unless they also require their players to have old gods installed. Should we therefore make Old Gods a requirement? I think we should... people should buy it anyways, makes the game much better Wink
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec - 01:05 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Okay Agreed, lets use all the important mechanics we can from the DLC. Most people get the most DLCs anyways.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec - 09:45 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, i'm agree to, everyone SHOULD have the Old Gods by the way, a really good DLC!  Laughing
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 16 Dec - 11:46 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Okay

Great, will make things a lot easier!

Well, not easy because invasions look hard to script, but at least I can now use the vanilla ones without breaking paradox's rules.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 14:20 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

War of the Ring events posted in the Alpha thread. If you'd like to add event pictures to them, that'd be great Lonhaldar!

Known issues:
-If the first battle of Osgiliath lasts longer than 11367, the quest line mayyyy break, because the Great War is supposed to start in 11367.
-Sometimes Aragorn doesnt join the great war via the first event he gets, this is because Sauron is sometimes slow to declare war. There is a "pick up" event for him that triggers in 11368 to reflect this.
-The Ents are supposed to attack Isengard and take Orthanc after they have helped the Rohirrim, but I haven't seen this happening yet.
-I can't put Gandalf in Rivendell somehow via the employer command in hsi char file. Therefore I used Elrond to heal Theoden, but this will be changed of course once I get Gandalf to show up.
-Aragorn spawns almost 30,000 troops when he shows up in Gondor, but this is because they do not get the Gondorian culture bonuses... anything less becomes quite useless unfortunately. I noted in event descriptions that they were not professional soldiers, mostly local garrisons he was picking up.

I recommend first playing as Aragorn, he gets most of the events and you can follow the war through the events.
Next should be tested Rohan and Gondor. Isengard and Mordor also get quite a few events.

I haven't made the Northern War yet via scripted invasions, that'll take a little while longer to figure out!

You can also skim through the files to get a good impression of what has been scripted, I tended to explain everything that can take place via ##informations##

Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 16:17 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Played a little as Aragorn and i have two words for your events chain: "fucking funny!"  Mr. Green
That obviously needs a lot of work since there are a lot of variables that can "break" the chain but it can become one of the most funny things in the CK II mods world, seriously.

Bugs/Odds in my test game with Aragorn
- First of all, is the decision "Return of the King" supposed to be available before the end of the war? I used cheats to pick it (prestige cheat) to see what happened)
-After i had become King of Gondor and Arnor I could not ask for the help of Rohan, the Red Arrow event makes me pick only one choice, "No, Gondor can handle this alone" so Rohan won't help Gondor against Mordor
-After i had become King of Gondor and Arnor and while I was fighting against some mordorian troops in Osgiliath an event pops up: "The Great War" suggesting me to reach Gondor (But I'm in Gondor! Aragorn's main tab says that he's sitting in Minas Tirith!) passing the Path of Death.
-Then an event pops up to make me choose to help Rohan against Isengard, I accept, a 1000 soldiers troop pops up in Edoras but it'useless since I'm not in war with Isengard, so, basically, I cannot help Rohan attacking Saruman.

I dind't finish the game because I'm in a hurry, i'll give it more time tonight  Okay

Other hints/suggestions/bugs
-If Aragorn decides to become King of Gondor and Arnor, Denethor and his family go (in exile?) to Weather Top, can this be avoided? Maybe they could stay in Minas Tirith as courtisans
-Even my game crashes when clicking on Sauron's portrait now. Did you touch his dinasty? There might have been some errors
-Khand and Rhun don't fight the War of the Ring (but maybe this is an AI choice, not a bug)

That's all for now, great work Blood.  Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 49, 10, 11  >
Page 3 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange