The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 59, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 16:35 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Thanks Mr. Green

Oh, and you shouldn't use the Return of the King decision at all, that breaks the plot chains - it should be deleted for the next build. I'll incorporate Lonhaldar's scripts for that into the end of the battles for Gondor if they win, but it should only be triggered via a special kind of event when certain things have happened!

You also can't call Rohan until Saruman is defeated - while both Sauron and Saruman exist, there is a global flag which prevents you from using the oath of eorl (though the stewards do call in the Rohirrim in 11367 for the great war via another special event).

Khand and Rhun don't fight because right now there's only a 50% chance of them having joined Sauron. Lonhaldar is updating the rulers so that they get the evil_side trait from Game-start, and then they will join as intended when the war stars.

As for variables and breaking the chain, yeah, hehe, I thought it would be quite easy to script this, but due to all the variables I could think of (like Denethor sending Faramir, meaning Boromir doesn't try to take the ring, etc) it ended up being close to 3000 lines of code Shocked I've gotten MANY of the variables scripted for, but not all, of course. For example if Galadriel takes the ring, the fellowship breaks, but Aragorn still goes south to fight in the wars and appears in Rohan due to hte "aragornwar" global flag that was set.

I'll post quick fix update later today, right now the Corsairs get their troop-event over and over again. It's fixed, but I'll try including a few more fixes before posting.

Also another issue - due to 1000 Ents spawning to help out Rohan (if the fellowship quest is active and merry and pippin reach Fangorn) Rohan beats Saruman close to 100% of the time (those 1000 ents/huorns count for 15,000 troops). Is this workign as designed? I mean, technically, if the Ents join the war, Saruman shouldn't be able to win, should he?

Last edited by Blood Royal on Tue 17 Dec - 17:37 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 16:35 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 16:54 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Quick Fix update:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7dg4hx
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 17:52 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

In my game the ents and rohirrim defeated Saruman. But, after the defeat he still has the rohirrim westmach (previously conquered) is that normal?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:04 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yeah, if saruman is defeated, we have to make an event that will remove all his territory, not only the ones in Isengard  Okay

And for me, Saruman can't win against ents IF his army is defeated in Helm's Deep, not sure of the issue if all his troops are again in Isengard?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:08 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well the scripts so far end with the defeat of Saruman in his invasion, and then with the final battle of Gondor.

There is SUPPOSED to be an invasion event for the ents where they go take Orthanc afterwards, but it's not quite triggering...

I think I'll have to work on another event-chain for Saruman's defeat separately from the War of Ring document and make it a little more nuanced... We also need to discuss how Aragorn can become King - is leading troops and helping in the battles enough? In the Books, he only became King after the ring was destroyed... but what if hte ring is never destroyed, or Galadriel has it, or Sauron has it? Would he then become King from just helping out in the war?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:10 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I suppose that he could be King if Mordor loose the war, including scenarios where galadriel take the ring, or where the ring is never destroyed. But, even if Sauron loose the war, he will still be there...
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:13 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

That's the thing Smile

If there are no objections, I'll make him King IF Denethor is dead.

Denethor will only "commit suicide/go mad" however if Boromir is dead from the ring quest, so what if he is alive?

Gondorian civil war? I don't see Aragorn ever fighting his own kin, but.. what then? A "Palace Coup" where Denethor is imprisoned for overstepping his authority by Princes like Imrahil and other high ranking lords?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:18 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Maybe a triple choice given to Aragorn?
Imprison him = - 100 piety (20 % AI will do it)
Execute him = - 200 piety - 100 prestige, gain the trait Tyrant (10 % AI will do it)
Leave him free and alive = + 100 piety + 100 prestige, Denethor becomes a simple courtisan in Minas Tirith or in a random gondorian court (70 % AI will do it)
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:20 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I believe that even if the death of Boromir is a cause of his madness, he was already a little mad before, because of the use of the palantir. So, the idea of Imrahil/Faramir who gives the crown to Aragorn even if Denethor is still alive is good for me!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 18:23 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahh, yes, good idea Chris! Except I think the execute thing should be 0% chance for the AI, since Aragorn would never execute someone unless they were planning a civil war - Denethor is just an old man refusing to stop down from office Very Happy So maybe 30% imprison, 70% leave free. And if left free, I suppose it'll add to the fun, since he will still have a claim on gondorian titles and it could be some good drama if he starts plots to get them.

But in a way it still leaves the problem of "player choice": I think someone playing Denethor should have a CHANCE at least of staying steward and rejecting Aragorn... or do you guys not think so? Maybe we don't need to, I mean, realistically, who would fight for Denethor when the true king has just returned? I think if he rejects, he can just get a claim on E_Gondor for himself, and then see if anyone will back him for it via normal game mechanics?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 21:20 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Another quick fix:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssf1md

(Aragorn was spawning his gondorian armies too many times, and he should have a better chance of joining the war against mordor now, and not just against hte umbarian invasion. Also, if he runs away from the Nazgul when they are cornered on the way to rivendell, he stays in the North in shame with the "craven" trait, and does not journey south to war Razz Only the player can make that choice, of course, AI Aragorn always stays and fights.)
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 21:44 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I've noticed that Dunland is completely inactive during the War of the Ring, IA choices, event not scripted yet or bug?
However, I'm gonna have another test with the updated file, i'll make you know  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 21:57 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yeah, Dunland doesn't do anything, or if they are they are fighting under Saruman's banner as mercenaries.

Not sure how they could be included, because they never really took any land or made any independent attacks.

But yes, there's bound to be more issues, so please keep looking Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:03 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well, I think that Dunland could easily join Saruman's war by event.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:05 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahh yes, that's true actually. Might even give him the help he needs!

I'll write it up right away, and post an update.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:41 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 59, 10, 11  >
Page 4 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange