The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 69, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:11 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

You're God, aren't you?  Mr. Green
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:11 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:16 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Haha, no, just strangely obsessive-compulsive when it comes to finishing something once started Very Happy

Here's the new file where Saruman calls in Dunland for the second attack, and also fixed an issue where Aragorn wouldn't go south to War if someone chose to take Frodo to their lands and keep them safe in the council decision (ie, imprison poor frodo!).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtiimo
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:18 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Gonna test it now!  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 17 Dec - 22:32 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Oops, missed a } which broke hte entire event chain just as Aragorn came to Fangorn.

Fixed here:

(deleted)

It might also be a good idea to have Aragorn start with 2000 prestige at least, so he can influence the Council (which he did) to send it to Mt.Doom. Then the quest starts a year earlier, and Rohan has more time to defeat Saruman before Minas Tirith is under attack, just as happened in the books.

Edit: Final new update for today -

Fixed an issue with Aragorn's quest, I apparently broke it in one of the update files but it's fixed now : if you haven't yet seen the full quest line where he first fights in Rohan with a cavalry regiment, and then goes to Gondor to pick up troops, it's worth a second play-through.

(deleted)

Damn, found Rhun spawning troops too many times, which made them grow uppity and (successfully!) conquer Mordor after the war. Fixed now Very Happy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ja3j73
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 00:27 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

A bug
I was playing as Denethor, Rohan was completely conquered by Saruman (i think you ere right, there should be an Isengard empire). Even if Rohan had been destroyed the "light the beacons of gondor" event still pops up
Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 10:39 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Just one more thing about the crown of gndor and the destiny of the steward family. After the war of the rings, Faramir should become the Prince of Ithilien, and won't stay in the court of Elessar so Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 11:54 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, I'll try making that happen Smile

I'll be traveling today and going to visit family for Christmas, but keep bug reports/issues coming here on this thread. I'll try and fix the "light the beacons" thing too.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 12:08 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

don't worry Wink

For Faramir, you should use the same code i used in my "heir of isildur" events, and then, when Aragorn is crowned, and if Mordor is defeated, he'll gain the lands of Ithilien! Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 12:15 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

And what would happen if Boromir didn't die and Aragorn became king of Gondor?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 12:25 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Exactly, Lon - nice piece of code, btw!

And if Boromir doesn't die, then he becomes Prince of Ithilien - that's just the way it is I guess  Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 12:28 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, i'm ok with it! (the point will be, Faramir will spouse Eowyn if he's not Prince of Ithilien? ^^)
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 12:32 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

For him to marry Eowyn, we'd have to make a cannot_marry trait for both of them, just like with Aragorn and Arwen and then remove it when and IF Sauron is defeated. That's quite a few events just for that, and might also limit players.

I personally don't think that's worth it - a player can choose to have Faramir marry Eowyn if he wants from game-start, but for me, Faramir has to marry Lothiriel daughter of Imrahil for my Blood of Numenor breeding programs (so all their kids get the full bloodline trait) Wink
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 16:14 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Found a bug!  Mr. Green
Playing as Theodred, i conquered Isengard, revoked all Saruman titles and exectued him. Now this event keeps popping up (Even the "Ents make noise" event keeps firing  Okay )

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 18 Dec - 22:20 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I don't think it's a bug if you used cheats to make it happen  Mr. Green

I raised the religious war casus belli piety cost to 500 precisely to ensure that there were no "unforeseen wars" during the time frame 11362-11367, hehe... oh, wait, the year is 11381! Yes, that could happen in-game... I changed the trigger for the event you posted to add

culture = culture_istari
    year = { not = year 11368 }

That should make sure that it only fires for Saruman once during the great war, and I also did the same for hte Ent event and hte Dunland event which previously fired for any holder of d_isengard who was at war when a certain global flag was active.

I thiiink I also fixed the event where the Ents attack Isengard after they help out Rohan. There was a missing } at least, which interfered with it. I had to have them spawn an army of 30,000 however, since spawned armies do not get cultural ent bonuses, and Isengard requires quite a few troops to siege.

Updated file here:

(deleted_

Edit:

Fixed minor syntax error (should be NOT = { year = 11368 }, not what i posted above:

(deleted_

Final fix for this issue:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bzkdzw

And good catch - these are exactly the kinds of bugs I need to know about Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 00:26 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I did'n t use cheats to make it happen. I declared war and conquered Isengard. Neutral
However, i always use cheats to test stuff, because they basically increase the risk to "break" something. And that's what I want to find bugs  Mr. Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:32 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 69, 10, 11  >
Page 5 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange