The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 79, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 01:16 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahh yes, and that's how it's supposed to be when playtesting - as long as it's something that could technically happen  Okay Conquering Mordor in 11365 for example will definitely break the Sauron war invasion events too, but then, this can't technically happen since Denethor or any other steward won 't have enough piety saved up to do so - so it's fine for me to limit Sauron's war events simply by has_landed_title c_barad_dur for the most part.

I have put most of the War of the Ring events to expire by 11369 or 11370 as a fail-safe , but it turned out I hadn't in this Saruman/D_Isengard case, so it was indeed a bug.
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 01:16 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 12:29 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

A couple of suggestions concernig Isengard.
When Saruman betrays Rohan by event two things should happen:
1) Saruman should gain the k_isengard (So he'll have the white hand flag too)
2) He should lose the "Leader of White council" trait.
Easy to script, i think
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 14:03 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well technically at this point in the timeline, he has already betrayed Rohan. Couldn't we just give him the title and take away the trait in the mod files?

But yes, we definitely need to do something about this Okay

Ideally we'd have him imprison Gandalf and have a little flavor event about this, but I can't do anything with Gandalf until we find out a way to get him into the game. Employer = 3003 doesn't make him show up in Elrond's court at least, for some odd reason. The entire Ainur file has some issues, I figured out that the Sauron crash when deleting the Balrog from Melkondili dynasty is because then Sauron's new "heir" becomes another Balrog that crashes the game.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 14:23 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Okay
I'll change Isengard title so that Saruman starts with a kingdom in the War of the Ring scenario.
When should he get the title? I always get confused with dates  Mr. Green
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 15:44 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well I guess we can make it the same time as he got D_Isengard?

Otherwise I'm not either though when would be appropriate Confused

Or should we make the titular E_Isengard for him? Say that Saruman really does conquer all of Rohan and Eriador, it would be nice if he could give out some King titles and still have them as vassals, wouldn't it?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 16:00 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, as I said yesterday i'd prefer to have Isengard as a kingdom title, and then, when Saruman "converts" it becomes an empire. So that if Saruman conquer Rohan we won't have "Wizard Saruman of Rohan" but "Wizard Saruman of Isengard".
I'll work on this  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 16:39 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Great  Okay

I think we can safely consider him already converted to the dark side in 11362, so he should have the title from the get-go!
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 17:05 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing 'The Dark Side' Laughing Laughing Make sure you don't say that on the public forms, or someone might think we are combining Tolkien with Star Wars! Laughing Razz
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 20:34 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well Star Wars was probably influenced to some extent by Tolkien, wouldn't surprise me at least!

Have you tried the new events with Aragorn in a playthrough from 11362 to 11367 btw Nuku? I took artistic license with the timeline, obviously, it's now 5 years from the battle of the Fords to the battle of Minas Tirith, but that's as cramped as I could make it. Sometimes just the first skirmish for Eastern Osgiliath lasts all the way up till 11365 as well. But if there's any glaring lore inconsistencies beyond time lines, I'll of course try and fix it.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 19 Dec - 22:10 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Added e_isengard
And I've also fixed the dates of the other Isengard titles.  Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec - 11:41 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I was playing as Aragorn and decided to keep the one ring instead of helping Frodo. After this, Aragorn is still "on a quest". Is this normal?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec - 12:49 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:
I was playing as Aragorn and decided to keep the one ring instead of helping Frodo. After this, Aragorn is still "on a quest". Is this normal?

Little update, blood.
In my opinion is necessary for Saruman to gain the e_isengard title when he decides to prepare armies and attack Rohan. Because if the player chooses not to attack Rohan he will still have an empire title, and it does not make any sense.  Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Fri 20 Dec - 12:56 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
Well Star Wars was probably influenced to some extent by Tolkien, wouldn't surprise me at least!

Have you tried the new events with Aragorn in a playthrough from 11362 to 11367 btw Nuku? I took artistic license with the timeline, obviously, it's now 5 years from the battle of the Fords to the battle of Minas Tirith, but that's as cramped as I could make it. Sometimes just the first skirmish for Eastern Osgiliath lasts all the way up till 11365 as well. But if there's any glaring lore inconsistencies beyond time lines, I'll of course try and fix it.

No, I haven'y been able to play through recently. As long as people's death date's remain the same, I don't mind the events being prolonged to fit the engine. Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 21 Dec - 21:32 (2013)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Ahh, no, Chris - Aragorn is supposed to lose the fellowship quest trait if he takes the ring! Fixed now, thanks for spotting it  Okay

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wsbxt

As for the Emperor title, well even if he doesn't attack Rohan, he will then go for Eriador - because he is already committed to evil at this point. Since there are several King titles there, it might make sense for him to still have an Emperor title. I mean the bookmark basically starts several years after he decided to "rule the world of men" himself, so he has pretensions of Imperial power at least. The movies are wrong, he doesn't just decide to build an army after Gandalf escapes, in the books already by the time of the Hobbit he was planning to find the ring for himself and start conquering realms IIRC.

And nope, death dates aren't changed Nuku, except that Boromir has a 50% chance of surviving the Uruk attack if he is sent, and Denethor likewise has a 50% chance of dying/going insane when the Great War takes place depending on whether Boromir is alive. I tried to make an event to have Saruman target Theodred in the first battle of the Fords, but couldn't quite get it to work without being "gamey", that is, just having him die with a random percent chance. I only wanted him to die if he was actually fighting in a battle, and even then, having a chance to survive or get maimed/wounded, but couldn't quite figure out how to script that.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 15:34 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Still a few minor issues here and there (and I still haven't done the War in the North) but I got to the point where Aragorn becomes King now and it works great thanks to Lonhaldar's script Okay

How should we handle the Frodo event-chain?

So far, I left him when he went east with Sam towards Mordor. That'll be around 11365ish, and the great war starts in 11367. I'm thinking that we don't resolve the Frodo quest before Sauron's main assault has ended, to give the player time to fight that great battle without interruptions.

So let's say it's 11370 now, and Aragorn is NOT King. Shouldn't Frodo automatically lose then, since he can't get into Mordor with the orcs camped on the plains between him and Mt.Doom?

If Aragorn is King, how about we have him attack Ithilien and the Black Gate, and then this triggers Frodo's final move towards Mt.Doom. What should be the odds of success? 90/10 due to fate being on his side? 75/25? 50/50? What do you think?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:32 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 35, 6, 79, 10, 11  >
Page 6 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange