The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Ring Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:07 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Mmmh, talking about dates. It won't be a problem for you and for game stability if we set the correct death dates in the history files? Sauron dies in 11362, if I set it, it won't create any crash or problem with your event chain, will it?
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:07 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:10 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

As long as he is alive at game-start and doesn't die when you play the game normally, then no, it shouldn't cause any problems that I can think of...
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:12 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Okay
I don't think too, the War of the Ring scenario starts in 11362.1.1. Sauron dies in 11362.3.25
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:16 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Sauron don't die, he s only a shadow without powers after the war of the ring ;-)
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:29 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Since CK II doesn't recognize the transformation in shadows  Very Happy  i suppose something like this could work:
11362.3.25={
                martial = -20
                diplomacy= -20 
                intrigue= -20
                stewardship= -20
                remove_trait = palantir
                add_trait = incapable
} #The ring is destroyed

Or maybe we could even change his culture in wight?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:34 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well technically, he needs to die when Frodo throws the ring into Mt.Doom as I am scripting it at least, otherwise he will remain the ruler of Mordor - which he really shouldn't be. Then he'll still be able to command the evil rulers, and his vassals will still be unable to launch plots against him, he'll get the long rule relationship bonuses, etc. 
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 16:35 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

I didn't consider it. So yes, it must be set as dead in 11362.3.25
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 17:31 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Well, we can just remove Sauron as leader of Mordor, and give him a trait like "shadow in the air", with an "incapacitating = yes" and a "cannot_marry=yes" "cannot_inherit=yes".
So, he won't be the ruler of Mordor, he'll be incapable, and it'll be more lore accurate Wink

To remove him as ruler, maybe the casus belli of rebels vassals may help?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 17:38 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Unless we plan on letting him return in the 4th Age, I think it's just as accurate and much easier to just kill him Rolling Eyes

I mean, yes, he's still "alive" probably as a barely sentient shadow of evil, but what if he ends up in a court somewhere as a giant eye? Then we'd also have to change his portrait, etc, I don't think that's worth it for an early build version of the mod. He'd probably also have some of his old claims, etc.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 17:42 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, but with a trait that won't let him able to inherit and will give him incapacity, he won't be capable to raise an army, or to have any title, i suppose. But yes, maybe for the first beta, it'll be more simple to just kill him !
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jan - 17:49 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Yep, we can always change it later, first priority is just to get a functional first build, and I don't want to complicate the war of the ring more than it has to be for the first version  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 6 Jan - 20:14 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Latest functional (more or less complete) version is posted on the Alpha thread.

For testing, it would be most fun to play as Aragorn or the Stewards in the first run through, but Galadriel, Saruman, Sauron, Theoden, Dale, and Mirkwood plus to a lesser extent Anduin vale also have events for them leading up to the great war.

Known bugs:
1. When playing as Frodo, his events stop showing up when he is in Ithilien. I can see by global flags that they still fire, however, so it's not a critical issue - it works correctly, I just didnt see the pop-ups when playing.

2. Aragorn crashes when he is emperor and turns 100. I made a bug report on it.

It is also useful to run som console-cheat "observe" simulations, and write down what happens at the end of each one. Ie, which realms get conquered, which ones lose, what weird things happened (like Umbar attacking Gondor early, or Gondor attacking Rohan after the War of the Ring to claim the eastern duchy).

Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 8 Jan - 16:12 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Blood, I've a doubt regarding the event chain when you're Sauron.I was fighting Gondor with the scripted war to conquer East Osgiliath, during the battles the event chain to get ring starts. I get the ring and the evil forces join my war. After the Osgiliath war ends nothing happens. Now I have Osgiliath and Cair Andros but no event pops up, is anything supposed to happen?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 8 Jan - 16:36 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

Is it the year 11367?

The Great War starts in that year.

Edit: And it only triggers if you're at peace.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 8 Jan - 17:14 (2014)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events Reply with quote

About these events, could you make the texts in the localisation files, so i'll be able to translate them? Because for now, i can't do anything :s
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:27 (2017)    Post subject: War of the Ring Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 36, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  >
Page 7 of 11

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange