The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:39 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Post here suggestions for flavor-events, and we can discuss it  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:39 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:44 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

For Dunedain rulers, I think the "Go on a patrol" could be useful. It would probably be a decision that could be taken once a year or so - basically leading your Dunedain on a hunt, where there's a chance of fighting orcs, trolls, or wargs, and then getting either prestige/piety/gold rewards and perhaps other things like bonding with your vassals. Kind of like hte "go on a hunt" event for Vanilla, just modified for Middle-Earth.

For Gondorians, it could be a chance to find corsairs/orc raiding parties or rebellious hillmen with also rewards and risks for each action taken.
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:46 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

How about few lore events for the noldor and other elves? Or the hobbits perhaps? Maybe some events for when you conquer an old elven city (If there are many left since the Beleriand is gone). Then there could be farming/countryside life events for the hobbits. Just suggestions, i don't really know if these kind of events could be useful...
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:47 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
For Dunedain rulers, I think the "Go on a patrol" could be useful. It would probably be a decision that could be taken once a year or so - basically leading your Dunedain on a hunt, where there's a chance of fighting orcs, trolls, or wargs, and then getting either prestige/piety/gold rewards and perhaps other things like bonding with your vassals. Kind of like hte "go on a hunt" event for Vanilla, just modified for Middle-Earth.

For Gondorians, it could be a chance to find corsairs/orc raiding parties or rebellious hillmen with also rewards and risks for each action taken.

Yes, that could be cool one. And maybe you could even find something a little more rare if you are lucky perhaps?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Nov - 17:51 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

All events are useful as long as they fit the Tolkien lore, are not overpowered, and add fun to the game Okay

Adapting vanilla events could also be fun - for example instead of the "I suspect my courtier is a heretic!" it could instead be "I suspect my Courtier is a Sauron cultist!" for Gondorians and Dunedain. And then make a fun little event-chain leading to a certain outcome.

Just make sure that every event you make is restricted to certain cultures - the problem with vanilla CK II events is that most don't work for orcs, ents, elves, etc. Posting the specific event outline here first is probably a good idea just to get some feedback from the team, I'll do the same when I start creating generic flavor events.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov - 12:58 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Someone on the paradox forums mentioned dragons, and although Smaug was the last of the great fire-drakes, there could be other smaller dragons (cold-drakes?) up in the norhtern wastelands. Perhaps an event-chain randomly triggered for dwarves of Erebor and Bardings of Dale with very high martial stats to go on a quest to seek out a dragon's lair could be a good idea at some point!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov - 14:13 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Okay  Sounds good to me!
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Mon 25 Nov - 17:28 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

That could make for a nice flavour event chain indeed
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov - 10:25 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

You're welcome to give it a try then, roplox  Okay
roplox
Team

PostPosted: Tue 26 Nov - 11:18 (2013)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Ok, i shall see it then. That doesn't sound too hard.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 09:25 (2014)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

For Numenorean characters (with the traits Blood of Numenor 1/2, Elven Blood, Blood of Anarion, Blood of Isildur), I'll try a new event: around 175 years old (triggered between 175 and 190 years old, with some modifiers), the character will have an event, with the choice to die or not (like the Numenorean Kings of Past, they decided to give the crown and to sleep forever in a way).

The IA will automatically kill the character when the event will come, but the player will have the choice.

What do you think?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 29 Apr - 11:43 (2014)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events Reply with quote

Here's the event :

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:34 (2017)    Post subject: Generic or Race-Specific flavor Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange