The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 15:57 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Just one thing:

In my game, a lot of intermariages in Mordor/Isengard/Orkishs counties appears : in ISengard the Orks and Uruks spouses dunedain women (certainly previously maiar), so we've got orkish cultures peoples with "maiar" face, and orks and goblins marries each others, it shouldn't be possible IMHO. In Mordor, Orks spouses BN... :s 
Can we do something to prevent it?
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 15:57 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 16:05 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:
Little balance report during the war of the rings.
I played 1 game and here is what happened.

(played as Sauron):
Mordor smashed Gondor in the first battles, Gondorian didn'r receive the help of Rohan since they had been completely conquered by Isengard.
During the war to conquer osgiliath, Denethor died of "palantir_death", and Andrast, Belfalas and Pinnath Gelin became independent (???) 
Sauron wins the War, now East Gondor is Mordorim, central Gondor is Gondorian and West Gondor is divided in Belfalas, Pinnath and Andrast
Rhun conquers Dale, Orks conquer Lothlorien

BUGS AND SUGGESTIONS:
The Sauron's "command servants" doesn'r seem to be working, i tried all of them but they did nothing.
Harad always, always crumbles in a dozen of duchies/kingdoms. Nothing can be done (not to avoid it) but at least to reduce the phenomenon?
For the first issue, the problem is that whoever is played by a human, will have a huge advantage. Mordor can easily smash Gondor, and as Gondor, it is relatively easy to defend against Sauron. It's a matter of who has the biggest doom-stack. I think we could change this in defines lua, make the optimal army size 50k, instead of 20k, it may help.

Yes, I notice Denethor dies half the time of Palantir death too - it's because the Palantir has -2 health bonus. I think this should be removed.

I haven't seen Gondor split into several realms before, though there is frequently a civil war when some Prince tries to put Faramir on the throne and rebels against Boromir when Denethor dies (this will hopefully be fixed once we take away the Palantir health malus)

Rhun won't conquer Dale so easily anymore, I made it so that the dwarves of Erebor always come to their aid. Before it was 50/50 - if the dwarves joined, Dale won, if they didn't, Rhun won. Now Dale and Erebor will win most of the time (but this of course is a new issue).

Command servants doesn't "do" anything except give claims on certain titles encouraging the vassals to attack. If they feel they can win, they will attack.

I haven't seen Harad crumble in all my games, usually at least in 11367 for the Great War they are more or less united, and even long term they become a super power in the south.

Orcs in my game usually don't conquer Lothlorien, so actually it's a good thing that they did in your game Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 16:07 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

One of the features of the last patch was:
-The 'intermarry' option in religions now works between religion groups as well

We worked on intermarriages a long time ago, maybe it needs to be checked again to see if everything is ok
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 16:11 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
Just one thing:

In my game, a lot of intermariages in Mordor/Isengard/Orkishs counties appears : in ISengard the Orks and Uruks spouses dunedain women (certainly previously maiar), so we've got orkish cultures peoples with "maiar" face, and orks and goblins marries each others, it shouldn't be possible IMHO. In Mordor, Orks spouses BN... :s 
Can we do something to prevent it?

Dunedain women, or Black Numenorean women in Isengard? If Dunedain, that is very strange indeed - there shouldn't be any Dunedains there...

I fixed the black numenorean thing by making Maiar couriers orkish and orkish religion instead of black numenorean/melkor. I'm not *sure*, but I think the portraits fix when you reload the game?

But one thing as I mentioned on another thread is to make sure that orcs/goblins/etc don't have cult of melkor religion. Too many of them do - is this in the character files, or is it because they convert? They shouldn't be able to convert, we disabled that event/decision...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 16:15 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

I would say dunlending, sorry, not dunedain!

Yes, i know for the cult of melkor religion, i'll fix it, it comes from our files.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jan - 16:20 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

I'll check the Dunlending issue and see if I can fix it  Okay
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Jan - 06:45 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

In my now 20 year in  game Cirdan is coquering like a madman and Rhun painted its name over the map

Edit: mordor started to collapse after the death of sauron and gondor will soon start conquering ithelien 
Edit2 dont ask about arnor and so, i sprayed it numenorean to keep me save from baddies while observing
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 15:48 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Another balance playtest:

-The health malus/mechanics of Palantir should be absolutely reduced or deleted (Denethor, Boromir and Aragorn died in a couple of years of death_palantir) (PS: This needs localisation)
-Blood, when the ring is destroyed the Nazgul should die with Sauron and all the characters who have the trait "ringbearer2" should lose it and get the trait "ringbearer1"
-In my opinion the prertequisites to use the wilderness casus belli should be higher (maybe a higher level of prestige and piety). In 5/10 years Eriador is completely occupied by breefolk, hillmen and dunlending (a bit too fast)

Last edited by Chris93 on Thu 16 Jan - 15:52 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 15:50 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Deleted the health malus of the palantir  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 15:59 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

I know, it's a known bug with the Nazgul - I don't get why they don't die, but it won't be fixed for the first release. It's a minor annoyance, nothing game-breaking so far.

But that's not my experience with the wilderness CB at all... I just ran a 100 year game yesterday, and there were still wilderness provinces, including all of Eregion at the end. Dunland conquers the kingdom they are in pretty fast, but then they stay there for ages. And Bree-folk don't expand at all, I don't think they can use the CB - I set it to dunlending culture only, not the haldadian religion.

I'll look into the ringbearer issue, is that a new trait, ringbearer2?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 16:00 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Blood, a simple solution should be to remove the trait nazgul, they'll die quickly after that!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 16:01 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Ahhh, yes, I'll make an event like that really quickly then, at the end of the Frodogoestomordor document Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 16:03 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 16:04 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
I know, it's a known bug with the Nazgul - I don't get why they don't die, but it won't be fixed for the first release. It's a minor annoyance, nothing game-breaking so far.

But that's not my experience with the wilderness CB at all... I just ran a 100 year game yesterday, and there were still wilderness provinces, including all of Eregion at the end. Dunland conquers the kingdom they are in pretty fast, but then they stay there for ages. And Bree-folk don't expand at all, I don't think they can use the CB - I set it to dunlending culture only, not the haldadian religion.

I'll look into the ringbearer issue, is that a new trait, ringbearer2?

That's strange. In my last game Breeland conquered 3-4 wilderness provinces in few years, something that had never happened in the previous releases.

#The characters don't holds the ring anymore, because the ring is destroyed.
ringbearer1

#If the characters don't hold the ring anymore, but the ring is still alive
ringbearer2

Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jan - 16:13 (2014)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces Reply with quote

That IS weird, all I added was

can_use_gui = {
        ROOT = {
            OR = {
                religion_group = religion_group_edain
                religion_group = religion_group_hildor
                religion_group = religion_group_melkor
                religion_group = religion_group_orkish
                culture = culture_dunlending
            }
        }
    }

culture=culture_dunlending to it, but you're right, Barliman can use the wilderness CB. He is cult of eru religion, but that shouldn't allow him to do it either. Hmmm... the easy fix is to take away the dunlending one, but I kind of like that they have the option to do so. I say leave it in for now, if Bree wants to expand... well... it's not really THAT far-fetched, that in the 4th Age they would start clearing new land for settlement?
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:38 (2017)    Post subject: Ingame Tests and Balances of Forces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange