The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

First Public Beta
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:16 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Ok, no problem then.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:16 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:16 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

I'm posting the files in my cubby, orkish/dwarves/nurnim are done  Okay
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:19 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Chris93 wrote:
I'm working on baronies, history title and characters traits. Lon, which characters/titles are you working on?

I think the most important thing to get done is character traits, baronies and history titles can be released in a future update, can't they?

I can take some of the character files and finish them if you like, or I could also do some baronies, but that might get messy if you're still using the landed title document...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:22 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Blood, you can maybe add more localisation for baronies?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:33 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I'm absolutely terrible with coming up with unique names for places Sad

Besides, this is an alpha/early beta, we shouldn't wait for all localisations to be done before we can release, should we?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:34 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

No, of course Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:37 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

I'll keep writing events in the mean-time, but if there's anything that we need to get done to get it released faster, of course I'll help with that  Okay

For example character traits, they definitely need to be done. Baronies, in my opinion, depends on where, and I think 80% of the map except the far north-eastern areas already have them? Even if they're not fully finished now, we can just add them in a future update package.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:40 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

For now, we absolutely needs :

- Character traits (with an event to give more traits to non-important characters)
- The elves lines of feanor, and some important characters like Gildor Inglorion and Glorfindel (and, important : all the elves of Valinor needs the trait "sailed_west", so they won't pop in Rivendell or Lindon), and all the little fix for characters
- Fix for some portraits
- Events, events, events Very Happy
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:43 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

-I've already done the event to assign random traits to those characters with less than 5 already at start-up.
- Yes, we need the elven characters, and I don't think we should wait for the resurrection issue to be resolved, since that is a 1st Age issue, and it'll likely be a long time before anyone makes a 1st Age mod Very Happy
-Sailed West trait should be quick to add
-Portrait fixes, yes, but you're on top of that Okay
-I'll keep doing events

But yeah, as I see it, with this list, we should be on track to release in a week. No pressure of course, it takes the time it takes, but do you think you can get the character traits done this week Chris? If not, like I said, I'd be happy to take whatever ones you don't have time for.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:54 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Yes I can. Mr. Green
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:58 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Excellent, then we're on track!  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jan - 19:59 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

Perfect :DOn my side, the portraits will be fixed for most of them tomorrow, the new hillmen characters too. After that, i'll maybe add some more flavour events too!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 19:42 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

So, what about a release this friday? Do you think it's possible/good, ...?

On my side, i'll be ready for this friday, all my work will be done, there will be some localisations issues, and the french translation won't be complete, BUT, that's not a big point.

The forum is ready to receive all the players, if you've got some ideas to "celebrate" the release, don't hesitate to post it here Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 19:53 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

I just posted my last update on the alpha 3.0 thread, and yes, I think the mod is ready for a first release Smile Had a very long, fun, and stable game as Aragorn just now without a single crash or buggy event, and I think it's the same for the other factions.

What about the new patch? I haven't installed it yet... does it work with our mod?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 19:54 (2014)    Post subject: First Public Beta Reply with quote

it works, as far as i try at least.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:36 (2017)    Post subject: First Public Beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange