The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Palantir events
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun - 15:59 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

I'm done with the palantiri, even with the World Cup Laughing
So, First thing : anyone can see a list of the living guardians of the Palantiri :

And, if you holds a palantir, and if you're at war, you can try to use the palantir :

But only the most powerful characters will be able to use the Palantiri. A no blood of numenor or maiar character will have around 0 chance to use it, and will certainly break his mind (some chance to get the absentminded trait, or to loose some martial skills, or to be depressed)
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 17 Jun - 15:59 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 03:57 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

While conquering Orthanc, I could nether gain its palantir when taking the ambition to gain it.
This time I tried it with Elostirion, I revoked the county and chose the ambition to have its palantir, but nothing happned. However I gave away all the provinces of Amon Muil and the vassal asked me to give this palantir to him.

Do we have to own all the provinces and the duchy to be able to claim a palantir ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug - 09:48 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

Yeah, there's some little things that needs to be improved with this. I complete the colonisation stuff, and i'll rework the ambitions/palantir events  Okay

But normally, you needs to own the good province + have the current guardian from the same culture than you. That's quite a buggy mechanic, so i'll rework on it. 
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 16:00 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

By the way, I was thinking about the strategic interest of the palantiri.

As a power-driven, artifact-lover player, I would tend to claim all the palantiri for my main character (especialy considering the bonuses).
However, they are supposed to allow communication between different and distant characters, thus allowing better realm managment.
So what would be the real interest of having more than one ? It should actually weaken their interest if they are all at the same place.

Of course there are other priorities, but I was wondering I we should not rework the bonus of the palantir, with a realm modifier and not with trait bonuses.
- the bonus given to the realm (and to its ruler) would be depending upon how many different characters own a palantir within this realm.
- the more, the better of course, but a character having 2 palantiri would just count as a character having one
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 16:07 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

A character can have many holdings, and is not in every place at the same time. He is nominally the 'holder' as they belong to him, but really one Palantir could be in Minas Tirith and one in Osgiliath (both held by King) and this allows him to Skype with his men in the other. So it's not just about different people, as one 'holder' with many castles can better communicate also, I don't think he carries them all around with him.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 16:14 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

I had considered that too, if it is the reason of the mechanic, it is fine to me. However it encourages players to collect palantiri for themselves and not for they vassals.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 7 Nov - 21:15 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

I think both should be factors, but it's less easy to manage vassals traits/items, and the exact realm bonuses are not easy to determine
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 8 Nov - 15:04 (2014)    Post subject: Palantir events Reply with quote

We can add by the way some malus if a character holds several palantirs and not the corresponding territories (pe he holdes the Palantir of Orthanc, but Orthanc is ruled by a vassal). 
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: Palantir events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange