The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Known *issues*, not Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Bugs Reports -> Resolved Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 19:28 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

This thread is for known causes for crashes, but which are not technically bugs.

For example:

1. Some of my new events seem to be a little CPU-intensive at certain periods, so they may cause crashes when playing at high speeds. As Aragorn, I was storming the forts of Eastern Osgiliath when Frodo threw in the ring, and the game crashed. I reloaded, played at speed 3 instead of 5, and the event triggered fine.

2. I just tried running a long observe game, and clicking on Sauron crashed in 11381, both in-game and on the loading screen. I then loaded up as another character, played for a few months, and I could click on Sauron again. I suspect it's because he usurped 100+ titles from eastern gondor, including the baronies, and this caused a crash, or else the game was processing somethign related to him having gotten so many new lands, and it wasn't ready to click on him yet.

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 19:28 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 19:37 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

I also noticed other CPU speed problems. Have your game ever stuck for 4/5 seconds at the second day of the first month? Mine always does it, and I have 8GB of RAM
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 19:46 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

I haven't checked the date, but  yes, sometimes it does stick for 4-5 seconds generally. But definitely not every month on the 2nd, I think I would have noticed that.

It almost never happens for example not when playing in "observe" mode, so I suspect it has to do with a vanilla event or something which is only half-firing, or not firing properly, so it looks for something, can't find it, and then moves on?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 19:49 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

No, not every month, only the first month, at the startup.
Yep, that's probably the reason of the problem.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan - 20:10 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

Ahh, day 2 of hte mod, yes, I get that too, but that's probably just because we have a lot of events that assign traits at start-up, so the game has to go through every single character and sort the ones that fit the triggers.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jan - 10:40 (2014)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs Reply with quote

Yep, i've got it too, and i agree with Blood. I've got sometimes some little freeze again, but nothing really important...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:34 (2017)    Post subject: Known *issues*, not Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Bugs Reports -> Resolved Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange