The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

A Maglor event?
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Mar - 15:26 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

As far as we know, Maglor isn't dead in TA, but we don't know about his fate. 
It could be fun (but not really canon with the books), to make an event that could make appear in the player's territory Maglor. Maybe like a support in war, or maybe if we got a great musician skill, ... I don't know really how... But why not?
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 8 Mar - 15:26 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 05:26 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

just for my own entertainment (and as a way to learn more modding) I'm trying to create a Maglor event. If a ruler leads his army into Eryn Vorn, after a certain amount of time they will get this message:

While out hunting in the wilds, you come across a Noldor of princely stature singing a hauntingly sorrowful song while playing on his harp.  After some hesitation, he introduces himself as Maglor, son of Feanor.He looks East, as if he can sense the growing darkness, and then north, towards the brightest star in the sky.  He lays down his harp, and sighs. "Perhaps it is time to stop singing sad songs by the sea, and rejoin the affairs of the world. For too long, I have lived here in idleness. I will join you, if you could use my aid. What say you?"

Option A: Ally with Noldo Prince of power and wisdom from the First Age? But of course! (Maglor then joins your court)
Option B: Maglor? Kinslayer and accursed? I think not!

Then IF at some point Maglor gets a landed title, he will get an event something along the lines of:

"The words of your oath continue to haunt you, but the last Silmaril is out of your reach. Unless... if you had all the powers of Middle-Earth behind you, perhaps there was a way to bring war again to the Blessed Realm, and take back what is rightfully yours? You could claim the title of High King of the Elves, and in time bring the many realms of men under your dominion as well. Raise the banner of the seven-pointed star once more..."

Option A: The banner of the House of Feanor shall fly over all of Middle-Earth - I swear it!
( Get a claim to the title K_Lindon and D_Rivendell and D_Eregion. )
Option B: No, I may be cursed, but I will not make war on the Blessed Realm
(add_trait depressed, wroth, stressed)

If however you guys think it's too unrealistic, I'll just keep it for myself and include it in my own play-throughs, of course Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 08:05 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

I think it can be a nice flavour event. Could you please post it? I'd like to give a look Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:03 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Daeron also had same fate. Wink Also I have eventual plans for Maglor, but does not include living in the West of Endor, but instead with the Avari of the far East, but we could make an event of calling aid from the Avari of the far east in which Maglor can partake.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:10 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Ahh yes, but Daeron just did not quite have the awesomness-factor of the Sons of Feanor Wink

I'll post it when I'm done here just for fun (if I can get it to work that is) - having a few problems getting it to trigger when you enter the province leading an army.
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:12 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Would it be trouble of him to enter the court of any race except Elves though?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:23 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

No, I am going to include that as a limitation - realistically, Maglor should avoid any evil characters (including middle_men because they are either Morgoth/Sauron influenced which conflicts with his oath or too weak/backwards for his time, and also Sindar, since he was part of the sack of Menegroth). Basically only Gondorian,Gondorian_Middlemen,  Noldor, Silvan and Black Numenorean characters should be able trigger it, and only when personally leading their army in that province. I include Black Numenoreans, because I imagine that the "evil side" of Maglor might think that he can influence them to help him instead of Sauron in time.

The AI chance should also be very low, so that it would almost never trigger on its own.

It's mostly an event that I want to play around with while running long-term simulation, trying to have Maglor take over Middle-Earth Twisted Evil
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:50 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

All this stuff looks good Blood! I'm eager to see if you can realize it Wink
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:54 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Got the trigger to work at least with some help on the Paradox forums Smile That was the hard part! For the rest, I can look at other events and see what I am doing wrong, because so far only Option B shows and there is no text description. But I'll figure it out.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 14:58 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Hmm... Are you sure you put the good character? I searched in my files and i didn't find any Maglor, and the id you used is not in my files?
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 15:04 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Yeah, we don't have a Feanorian character line done yet, it seems. I first tried making a single Maglor separately with ID 9999 which didn't work, and then just made a placeholder noldor called Maglor with ID 16250 and put him under my Gondorian characters (which are updated with more BoN btw in the Gondor thread - and long term simulations look much better now also on that front).

I suspect it's the "appoint_to_court" command which doesn't work, I need to play around with it some more.

Last edited by Blood Royal on Thu 17 Oct - 15:06 (2013); edited 1 time in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 15:06 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

In my "wailed to west" events, i used this code, maybe could you adapt it?
Code:
      e_valinor = {
         holder_scope = { ROOT = { move_character = PREV } }
      }

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 15:09 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

The "move_character" command certainly sounds like a good option, I'm just still trying to wrap my head around using scopes, ROOT, FROM, and PREV - but I do need to figure it out at some point  Okay
Nukumnehtar
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 15:57 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:
No, I am going to include that as a limitation - realistically, Maglor should avoid any evil characters (including middle_men because they are either Morgoth/Sauron influenced which conflicts with his oath or too weak/backwards for his time, and also Sindar, since he was part of the sack of Menegroth). Basically only Gondorian,Gondorian_Middlemen,  Noldor, Silvan and Black Numenorean characters should be able trigger it, and only when personally leading their army in that province. I include Black Numenoreans, because I imagine that the "evil side" of Maglor might think that he can influence them to help him instead of Sauron in time.

The AI chance should also be very low, so that it would almost never trigger on its own.

It's mostly an event that I want to play around with while running long-term simulation, trying to have Maglor take over Middle-Earth Twisted Evil

Ok, I would suggest leave Silvan out too, because they held same views against both Dwarves and Noldor as the Sindar did because of sack of Menegroth. Remember that Thingol was once their leader and kinsman too, and the Sindar later became their rulers. Galadriel only does not count because she married Celeborn and was chief handmaiden to Melian.
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Thu 17 Oct - 16:13 (2013)    Post subject: A Maglor event? Reply with quote

True, the sons of Feanor never had any strong allegiances among the Silvan folk. And the ones in Western Middle-Earth likely to wander into the province will have heard heard of his crimes via the Sindar, even if they never lived in Beleriand. Some of the remaining Noldor will be of the House of Feanor, however, and will be susceptible. I'm not sure, but I think "upon the House of Feanor the wrath of the Valar lies from the West on to the uttermost East" applies also to those who took part in the Kinslaying, and would not seek the pardon of the Valar when offered. Since they can't sail west, they might listen to Maedhros if he gave another Feanorian speech.

Could be fun playing a Noldor count of Lindon, finding Maedhros, and then making a "Maedhros for the Kingdom of Lindon" faction and start another kinslaying war.  Lore-accurate, perhaps not, but fun - most definitely yes Twisted Evil
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:17 (2017)    Post subject: A Maglor event?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange