The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

To Khazad dum !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 20:13 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

Blood and other, can you help me searching for bugs into my files in my cubby folder ?and fix the bugs if you can ?
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 20:13 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 20:16 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

We'll needs more events on this chain by the way, not only a "to war" and "army spawning" events, but more flavour around it ! Very Happy
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jan - 22:43 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

Yep, it needs some more work and descriptions, and maybe some lead-up to it, so it a few months/years to finish? Smile

To make that happen you can put
Code:

ROOT = { character_event = { id = questformoria.0 days = 180 } }

Like for example mentioning that no word has been heard from Balin, tales of the riches of the mithril mines, and so forth.  Have a few events leading up to it, just for the added flavor.

Maybe have to spend some money if you want those extra troops?

And keep in mind that c_erebor is the emperor of the dwarves, so he'll bring in all his vassals once he declares war. You should also spawn a 50k orc army at Moria to meet the dwarves, and maybe put a disband_on_peace = no for that army, so that it remains a threat to the nearby realms.

Btw, a problem I've experienced is that the claim_all doesn't seem to work if there is only one claim, like c_moria. It should probably be simply
Code:

casus_belli = claim

I'm not sure that works either though, but in any case, the AI does tend to declare war when it has a claim, even though not always right away.
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 19:23 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

First a barebone working skeleton, then ill start thinking about flavour
Blood Royal wrote:
Yep, it needs some more work and descriptions, and maybe some lead-up to it, so it a few months/years to finish? Smile

Code:
ROOT = { character_event = { id = questformoria.0 days = 180 } }

Like for example mentioning that no word has been heard from Balin, tales of the riches of the mithril mines, and so forth.  Have a few events leading up to it, just for the added flavor.

And keep in mind that c_erebor is the emperor of the dwarves, so he'll bring in all his vassals once he declares war. You should also spawn a 50k orc army at Moria to meet the dwarves, and maybe put a disband_on_peace = no for that army, so that it remains a threat to the nearby realms.

Btw, a problem I've experienced is that the claim_all doesn't seem to work if there is only one claim, like c_moria. It should probably be simply
Code:
casus_belli = claim

I'm not sure that works either though, but in any case, the AI does tend to declare war when it has a claim, even though not always right away.

Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jan - 19:37 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

Wasn't it working before? It looked fine to me, except the "claim_all" issue, which I think wouldn't fire.
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan - 19:10 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

How to code a decleration of war via event ?

Edit:ofc also help with a event that comes after peace

Last edited by Azagal on Sat 18 Jan - 19:29 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 18 Jan - 19:20 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

Look through some of the events in our mod.

You did it correctly as far as I can see, but as I told you, the casus belli "claim_all" only works when there is more than one claim. Maybe also give a claim on one of Moria's baronies, that might help Okay
Azagal
Team

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 17:49 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

how to code a stack for the enemy to appear
Blood Royal wrote:

Code:
ROOT = { character_event = { id = questformoria.0 days = 180 } }

Code:
casus_belli = claim

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 27 Jan - 17:51 (2014)    Post subject: To Khazad dum ! Reply with quote

Well, i made an event that'll give a claim on khazad-dum if Sauron is defeated already in the 0.1.4b Wink
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:39 (2017)    Post subject: To Khazad dum !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange