The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Wilderness is messy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan - 19:38 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

Is there anyway we can clean up the wilderness while still keeping it 'readable'? At the moment it looks like a huge sprawl of independent counties when that isn't really what it is. It just makes what should look empty and barren rather messy and colourful, almost an eyesore to what would otherwise be quite an attractive looking political map of Middle-earth, something not seen often.

Any ideas?
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan - 19:38 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sat 1 Feb - 20:32 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

I thought about making a e_wilderness title which is black, has no revolts and no levies or garrisons by province modifier. This means all the map is black, says Wilderness on it in large letters and has no troops or garrisions (and preferably no casus bellis, marriages, etc)
Visit poster’s website Skype
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 1 Feb - 23:01 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

I suppose it's doable, but I don't really see the problem. All you have to do is switch to culture/religion map, and you can instantly see the big desolate wilderness areas...
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Sun 2 Feb - 00:33 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

Blood Royal wrote:

I suppose it's doable, but I don't really see the problem. All you have to do is switch to culture/religion map, and you can instantly see the big desolate wilderness areas...
It just looks quite messy and isn't intuitive to look at, and can actually be misleading as some of those areas may indeed be OPMs, and others part of the wilderness.

It needs to be distinct, like uncolonized land is in EU.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 2 Feb - 11:35 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
I thought about making a e_wilderness title which is black, has no revolts and no levies or garrisons by province modifier. This means all the map is black, says Wilderness on it in large letters and has no troops or garrisions (and preferably no casus bellis, marriages, etc)

I'm not agree, because you will have penalties if you attack this empire too many times in a short period. (And too many times is only two times in CK2). And it wouldn't make sense to have en "empire of wilderness", or even a "Kingdom of Wilderness" imho...
It's maybe missy, but that's Eriador: a big mess, with ruins everywhere.  In game, when playing as Aragorn or Halbarad for exemple, i don't see any problems, You just have to click on the province, and you'll see really quickly if it's wilderness or not...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 2 Feb - 14:37 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

We could remove those penalties, or allow swathes to be conquered at a time. There would be no Kingdom or Empire of Wilderness, it would just be Wilderness. A titular empire/kingdom title which holds them all together with a black flag. It's not perfect, but it's as close as we can get with the mechanics. I agree with Morgoth. Another solution would be making titular duchies for each duchy, which are e.g. Wilderness of Annuminas, and then there is no problem of DoW because they are seperate, and they are still all black. I will implement something like this at some point.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 2 Feb - 14:46 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

Yeah, i'll prefer a duchy construction!
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 2 Feb - 16:41 (2014)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy Reply with quote

Yep, titular duchies with black color work better for me too  Okay
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:46 (2017)    Post subject: The Wilderness is messy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange