The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Shire Events
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 09:17 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Chris I'd like to discuss the shire counties in general, as you have now changed No Bottle to Gamich when Gamich is a tiny village near No Bottle? 

Overhill is a county next to Hobbiton in West Farthing and should be Bilbo/Frodo's only holding in next build, with each town held by a different Hobbit family, I know we don't have enough dynasties yet but this is the aim. 
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 09:17 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 10:07 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Well, this is only a wip set for the shire. I'd prefer to complete the dynasties first and then we'll discuss the counties in general.
Can't understand what u mean with Ovethill, it's a separate village. Isn't the Hill of Bagginses in Hobbiton?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb - 10:47 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Yes you're right my mistake 
Pharotic
Team

PostPosted: Thu 20 Feb - 01:15 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Just getting over a nasty cold and high priority projects at work. Back in the loop here.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb - 19:57 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

This could be a good event or decision which happens every 7 years, with user input much like feast, "I will spend lavishly", "I will commemorate with a special brew or pipeweed" etc

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Free_Fair

It's the summer festival of Lithe which I mentioned above, and it's where Mayor is elected for 7 year terms. I wonder if we could do election events, making speeches, winning votes, "If you elect me I will buy everyone a flagon in the Green Dragon"  Laughing
Could make playing a Hobbit count interesting, "I will run for Mayor"
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb - 20:09 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

I like it! And as always, if someone wants to learn event scripting, I'm always available for assistance on getting them to work/teaching how it is done  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 13:17 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Redit wrote:
I wonder if we could do election events, making speeches, winning votes, "If you elect me I will buy everyone a flagon in the Green Dragon"  Laughing
Could make playing a Hobbit count interesting, "I will run for Mayor"

THIS. I want this Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 13:21 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

If i don't get wrong, AGOT team ha used a workaround to simulate regular elections in Essos Free States 
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:49 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

What do you think about making Shire an Empire? I know it's silly, but I can't think of a better way to simulate the Towns > Farthings > Mayor > Thain hierarchy without Count > Duke > King > Emperor. Maybe I'm being silly, West Farthing/Mayor duchy is enough you think?
?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:59 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Or, as the mayor was more an honorary title than the Thain, maybe could we make it only a minor_title, given by events (and not by decision by the player) to the characters who'll be elected during the events?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 20:21 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

That's a better solution
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 18:11 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

New event, triggered by the "raise diplomacy" decision : the "Visit a Neighbour" event chain. You'll have the ability to visit a neighbour, and to give him a gift, or not. If you give him a gift, you'll become friend, and you'll have 2 more diplomacy with a good gift, and 1 with a little one. But, if you don't give any gift, you'll gain an opinion malus from your neighbour. quite simple events, only to add more flavour.

Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 19:20 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

Looks good xD

You might want to add different gifts based on smaller values, like 10, 25 and 50 or something like that (Count Milo went bankrupt from that 200 gold gift Razz)
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 19:29 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

This one is just a one-shot event, for flavour, but i'm working on a big "party" events, where the gifts will be more important, and then i'll try to balance this in a better way. But if you think that the gifts should be 100/50 for exemple, that's not really a problem Wink
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Fri 19 Sep - 20:06 (2014)    Post subject: Shire Events Reply with quote

A Bilbo style birthday party for 200 gold would be awesome, indeed xD (with the less ambitious options of 50 or 100 gold for poorer hobbits)

I stand by lower values for one-time gift exchanges between hobbits...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:32 (2017)    Post subject: Shire Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange