The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of Arnor - Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:15 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I'm working on the Fall of Arnor bookmarks, and here the events i propose for this period

The Fall of Rhudaur  

Basically, the scenario of the events chain of the Fall of Rhudaur is quite simple.
Forodacil, the King, is the last dunedain ruler of the kingdom. He got one son - Erchirion - , and one grand-son - Mamandur - (and a grand-daughter, married to the King of Cardolan).

After one year ingame, one of the hillman vassal, named Ulfang, will begin to plot against Forodacil, with the help of the Witch King of Angmar. The choices of Forodacil and Ulfang will make different "ends".

- If Forodacil don't care of the adverts about Ulfang, Ulfang will be free to try to assassinate his heirs. He'll success at 60% (and Ulfang will raise an army to claim the crown), and at 40%, the heirs will escape, but Ulfang will be revelead as a traitor, and Forodacil can choose to fight against him (or to have a diplomatic issue).
- If Forodacil keep an eye on Ulfang, the Hillman will raise an army, and war will be a solution. Diplomatic issue too.

If the war begins :
- The Witch-King will be able to join the armies of Ulfang, as well as all of hillmen vassals of Rhudaur
- The Kings of Cardolan and Arthedain could be called for help

If there's a diplomatic meeting between Forodacil and Ulfang :
- Ulfang can be a fool, and imprison Forodacil during the meeting (if Forodacil escape, war will begin). Ulfang take the crown if he success, and will be able to choose between banish, slain or keep in prison Forodacil.
- Ulfang can choose to accept a peace.

Ulfang, at any moment, can choose to stop to plot against Forodacil, then the Witch-King will be alerted, and can choose th make war by himself to conquer Rhudaur.
The goal is : in 5-6 years, Rhudaur is not ruled by Dunedain.

And, at all ends, if Rhudaur is conquered by Ulfang, he can choose to be a vassal of Angmar. 
If in 9662, Rhudaur is still ruled by an Heir of Isildur, the Witch-King will be able to make the war by himself.

If in 9675, Rhudaur is still ruled by an Heir of Isildur, an event chain will begin to reunificate Arnor, and attack Angmar.

Some first screenshots:

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Fri 21 Feb - 10:59 (2014); edited 5 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:15 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:16 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

The Fall of Cardolan 

Start in 9690 IF Rhudaur is defeated. If not, another event chains will start. 

First of all, the Witch-King will have the possibility to claim the title of Cardolan. If he does, Ostoher (should be the King as this date) will have three options : 

- Prepare for war ! The Witch King will declare war on Cardolan, and Arthedain and Rivendell could be called to war.  

- "I'll accept my fate" -> The King of Arthedain is alerted that Cardolan is falling, because of his craven King. He'll claim the crown of Arnor, and will ask Cardolan to be his vassal. Then, the Witch-King will attack Arnor to destroy the lands of Cardolan.

- Try to attack Rhudaur (only human players). Cardolan will try to claim the crown of Rhudaur, and attack first in Rhudaur to weaken Angmar. 

Some screenshots :

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Mon 24 Feb - 16:22 (2014); edited 4 times in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:16 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Reserved for the Fall of Arthedain
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

Reserved for the Fall of Angmar
Blood Royal
Team

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:52 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Further thoughts for the bookmark:

It would be tempting for a player to attack Angmar and end the scenario prematurely. Dunedain armies are quite strong, after all... so maybe if Angmar is attacked, use this condition:

trigger = {
trait = nazgul
has_landed_title = k_angmar
has_global_flag = fallofarnor (if you use this one to start the scenario)
is_primary_war_defender = yes
}

And then in the options, use the spawn army command to give him a large amount of extra troops that were held in reserve for the defense of Angmar? In that sense, Angmar will still be very strong on the defensive, but you can make it generally weaker in its normal army size, so that it isn't strong enough to just roll over the Dunedain either. Even playing as the Witch King should be a challenge, after all, it's not like it was the Mordor of the North.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 15 Feb - 14:55 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 21 Feb - 11:02 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Little Update on the Fall of Rhudaur, and some informations about the beginning of Cardolan events  Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 21 Feb - 17:09 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Perhaps add Numenorian names for shire duchies/counties? 
Also whoever keeps adding that province below Shire on North of Brandy to Cardolan, stop Smile, Cardolan should only be South of Brandywine.
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 13:36 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

On my side, only one province remains part of Cardolan at north of Brandywine, i changed all the others. I should post all the provinces changes in the post folder, but i thought i already did it!
If Chris or you wants to give Numenorean names for Shire provinces, go ahead, it'll be better, obviously!

P.S. : Added two screenshots of the fall of Cardolan events
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:47 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

I can look up some names.

Just that Cardolan prov makes no sense, no maps have it North of Brandy and there is no river crossing until Sarn Ford below Shire.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:48 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

i agree with it, we should change the borders of Cardolan and Arthedain to give all the lands at north of Brandy to Arthedain  Okay

And we absolutely needs to change the weather hills province to Arthedain too !
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:53 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Odd I thought I added it to Breeland duchy last patch?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 14:58 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

I believe that this county needs his own duchy. It was one of the most important place during early Third Age!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 24 Feb - 16:42 (2014)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events Reply with quote

Updated with some new pictures about the claim of the crown of Arnor by Argeleb, and his "death" because of the Witch-King !
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:30 (2017)    Post subject: The Fall of Arnor - Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange