The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Dwarves Events
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:13 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

As i'm working currently on the reclaim of Mt. Gundabad by the dwarves, i think about some other interesting events for the Dwarves:

Mont Gundabad is not known to be a city of the dwarves, but it was there that an Assembly of the Dwarves take place. I think we can simulate this to unificate the tribes of the Dwarves.

Here's how i plan to make it :

1/ Requirements : The Dwarves needs to hold Erebor, Khazad-Dûm, Gundabad.

2/ First Decision : "Call the Assembly of the Dwarves in Gundabad" -> All the King level dwarves will be "reunited" and will debate about the possibility of unificate all the Tribes. Chance to fail, but not too much ^^

3/ If they success to unificate all the Tribes, we destroy the title "e_durins_folk", replaced by a "King of the Dwarven Assembly" or "King of all the Mountains" elected by the Assembly of the Dwarves (some events with complicate triggers/stuff).

4/ Every 20 years (?), a new election to nominate the New King of the Assembly.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lonhaldar on Thu 25 Sep - 15:00 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:13 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:25 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

I love the idea, but shouln't the e_durin_folk title be created by a decision like this? I mean, if the tribes are not united yet, why are they under an empire title?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:28 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

The tribes are not really united, only the Longbeards, and the inhabitants of Ered Luin under their rules Wink
The e_durins_folk is only to simulate the title of "King of Durin's Folk", leader of the longbeards, who've got the leadership on all the longbeards in Middle-Earth... As some of them are kings level (Ered Luin, Grey Mountains, Iron Hills, ...), we needed an empire title to unite them. But the other tribes are independant
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:29 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Now i get it, well, go on with it, i think it's great  Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:36 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, but can elections be simulated like this?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:40 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Yes and No, i'll cheat a little in fact Wink

I will make several events, based on the opinions/traits/wealth/prestige, and i'll try to simulate it, so the AI Dwarvish Kings will choose the best of them, and the player will be allowed to choose one of them. It'll be something really a complicated event chain, so i can't explain it now, all is in my brain for now Very Happy
But basically, i'll simulate an election by several events, and at finale, the winner of the election will be granted the title + opinion bonus to stabilize all of this.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:43 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

If you manage to make this work, perhaps the same script can be applied to mayor of michel delving in 7 year terms
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 16:44 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

yeah, i'll try to make it works, and we'll see after Very Happy
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 20:45 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Love the idea!

While we're on the topic of Dwarves, Carn Dum is supposed to be an old Dwarven stronghold. How hard would it be to make the province mountainous and give a claim to the province/title to some Dwarven entity?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 21:50 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Amon Lanc was a dwarven holding before Oropher came, but we don't know about it... We don't have even a name, and this land remains to Elves now i think... If we try to simulate something with dwarves there, we'll have wars between dwarves and elves for Amon Lanc, and i think it's non-sense, as the dwarves don't seems to search after this holding.

In fact, we don't know if it was a great holding or not, just that the hill was inhabited by dwarves before...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 5 May - 22:11 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

If we have 5 per religion as in vanilla...

Dwarves:
Gundabad, Khazad-dum, Erebor, Ered Luin and Thror's Coombe? Or Carn Dum? Or Iron Hills?

High Elves:
Mithlond, Harlond, Imladris, Ost-in-Edhil, and Tower Hills?

Wood Elves:
Lothlorien, Thranduil's Halls, Dol Guldur, ... ? (South Lorien? Mirkwood Mountains?)

Dunedain:
Fornost, Osgiliath, Annuminas, Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul? (Forgetting Dol Amroth, Pelargir etc...)

Sauron:
Dol Guldur, Barad-dur, Minas Morgal, Udun/Morannon and Mount Doom?

Hobbits:
Hobbiton, Frogmorton, Michel Delving, Buckleberry and Tuckborough?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 12:13 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Wrong Thread? ^^

By the way, here's a look to the events. There's something broken in the election system itself, so i need to change some little things, but it seems to mostly works.

Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 14:18 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
Wrong Thread? ^^

My mistake, long night Laughing

Events look great, whats with missing first letter on some events though?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 14:20 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

It's because i need to change these letters to uppercase :p
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Thu 8 May - 18:32 (2014)    Post subject: Dwarves Events Reply with quote

Here's some nice research materials on the Dwarves in particular that might help with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/marsx72q7hazg4z/Dwarf Stuff.7z
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:30 (2017)    Post subject: Dwarves Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange