The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Carn Dum should be mountains
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 05:01 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

It's an old Dwarven Stronghold; it was formerly populated by Dwarves from the Blue Mountains, Linnar's Folk, before being sacked by the Witch King. The mines were called Barazbizar. I would call the province Carn Dum and the primary holding Barazbizar. Dum means halls in Dwarvish. In fact, the border should probably be redrawn to be in the mountains instead of mostly fields.
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 05:01 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 05:40 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Fixed for next version, Angmar now in Mountain range, surrounding fields part of surrounding provinces, haven't changed baronies, perhaps Barazbizar should be dwarvish localisation if it's retaken
Visit poster’s website Skype
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 17:07 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of baronies, Barukhizdin is the preeminent fortress in the Iron Hills, and the is the greatest remaining settlement to the Longbeards after Kazad-dum and Erebor. 

Note this old map: http://atolkienistperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/arda-map-2.gif

and this map: https://edocs.uis.edu/hadleyiv/www/images/Middle_Earth_Iron_Crown.jpg

Consider making an adjacency between the grey mountains and Gundabad.

Also, according to the game, Lord of the Rings, War in the North, there is a Dwarven fortress in the Grey Mountains called Nordinbad.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 17:28 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting

What do those maps show?

Adjacency between Gundabad and Grey Mountains?
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 20:32 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Basically. Also just like the maps ; )
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Tue 6 May - 21:47 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

According to this page:

https://sites.google.com/site/ambarquenta/home/the-offical-games/rpgs

There are 4 dwarven mine-holds in the grey mountains:

Mahalkukhizdín, Thakalgund, Zeleg-ubraz, and Danuk-khizdín
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 01:01 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

We have spent a long time on the map, and I sadly think I know now every map of middle earth on the internet  Laughing

By adjacency do you mean like a tunnel? I don't see problem with current set up 

Couldn't see a Barukhizdin anywhere on those maps

If you want to add or rename baronies in these places it is a very simple task
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 04:30 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

By adjacency I mean that the Grey Mountain range actually connects to the Angmar Range/Misty Mountains. The Grey Mountain Province should be next to Gundabad
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 05:39 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Barukhizdin is in the last link I posted. It's in the Iron Hills.

Also, just out of curiosity, where did you get the names for the provinces of the Iron Hills and the Grey Mountains?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 09:13 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

I guess from MERP, since there aren't canon names (or there are few)
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 09:31 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Yeah azanulimbar-dum at least came from MERP, the two other one of Iron Hills are from my own invention, from Khuzdul, using the geography of the area !
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 17:16 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

I'm getting most of my info from MERP as well.

I know that the development of religion is a hot topic for the mod right now. MERP and the related publication Other Hands has a lot of fine essays on the topic. I'll post a mediafire link to the MERP pdfs later.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 18:45 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

We discussed some days ago about religion, i know that there's a lot of material about religions and cults in merp but I, and the other guys too, thought to consider religions more as races than real religions in this mod. The religious mechanics of CK II would not fit very well with Middle Earth. (popes/crusades/conversions/eresies in Middle Earth? Nah) I honestly think that the religious material from MERP could be used for a lot of flavour events, for example, I've used MERP to build the Orkish Sacrifice of Flame decision/event.  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 18:49 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Exactly, we shouldn't developp religions as more of the inhabitants of ME don't have really a cult mechanic, with priests and things like this Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 7 May - 20:49 (2014)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains Reply with quote

Tolkien > Merp on all issues except filling in blanks for flavour. Religion just isn't as important in middle earth as it is in mediaeval europe. That being said we do need a use for piety in this mod, and suggestions to use it for magic e.g. using palantir, seeing enemy provinces for elrond, etc might be a good solution. I agree to using merp religions but only as part of culture, not separate. The burial traditionals of rohan and their creation beliefs don't need to be separated from their other traditions in this mod
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:30 (2017)    Post subject: Carn Dum should be mountains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange