The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Coder needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Sun 10 Mar - 18:46 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

You can look in my folder and see I have done many events, but not in a format compatible with the game. Anyone able to 'translate' them for me?

Thanks.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 10 Mar - 18:46 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Elfman200

PostPosted: Sun 10 Mar - 21:10 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

i'll do that
Elfman200

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 18:56 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

I had a look at the word document and I can do it all no problem however I don't know how to get an event to spring up on a certain date it might be hard coded I don't know, also with the events a few says if theoden is corrupted, in this do you want me to make a trait that makes you incapable and the regent is automatically grima?
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 18:58 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Yeah, I am not entirely sure what the 'corrupted' trait should entail, but a version of incapacitated with Grima as Regent should work.
Elfman200

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 19:39 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Ok so I'll do that with the trait and try it out, how ever what about the date?
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 21:44 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

I know you can do it per date, but how? No idea.
Elfman200

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 21:46 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Umm interesting I'll ask on modding quick questions
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 22:09 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Okay.
Elfman200

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 22:17 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

You'd have to have it triggerable by any character, and then trigger it in January (month = 1) in year 1098 (year = 1098). You'd then have to have that event trigger another event x-1 days later, where x is the date you want. So in this case 2-1, so it'd trigger the second event the day after.
The first event could be triggered as a regular event for an AI character while the second could be a a narrative event. Alternatively you could send it to the appropriate character with some clever scoping.           

Got this so I will get to work on these events for rohan
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Mar - 22:19 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Yeah, as long as they work as planned I do not mind what other strings you must pull behind the scenes.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar - 12:25 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

I'll post some possible events on the box in the next day, but i don't have any skills to script them! 
If someone charitable want to take an eye on them, I'd be grateful!  Very Happy

For now, I made a quick description of a sequence of events named "Trolls attack", for the regions bordering the Misty Mountains.
Morgothic
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Mar - 17:59 (2013)    Post subject: Coder needed. Reply with quote

Yeah, if you have any concepts, or want anything rewritten, than you can ask me. For coding ask Elf.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:14 (2017)    Post subject: Coder needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange