The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Sat 10 May - 16:22 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

My next project is going to be to bolster the province racechange mechanics. I envision a decision, available when the marshal is on a province of a enemy culture, that starts an event chain in which the player fights to rid the province of the enemy. While the province remains the enemy culture, the revolt chance will be quite high. There will be a chance during the event chain that the enemy will sally forth from their hideouts and create a revolt as well. If the revolt is put down, or if the event chain concludes positively otherwise, then the province will become wilderness and can be colonised.

The reasoning behind these changes is to make large invasions a bit more risky as well as to maintain the presence of certain cultures in certain geographical areas longer. It will also lessen the financial blow of being invaded, retaking your lands, and then having to colonise all your lands again in a small time frame.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 10 May - 16:22 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 11:02 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

Good idea, my only question is about the lore of Middle-Earth, i think that not all the races/cultures should be allowed to do that. For exemple, i think that this mechanic is quite good with semi-nomads cultures, like the easterlings, maybe the Northmen of Rhovanion or the Dunlending, but not really for elves or dwarves for exemple?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 12:31 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

It might be too tedious to manually convert every province in mordor this way, after fall of sauron
Visit poster’s website Skype
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 17:14 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

@ Lonhaldar

The decision is not available for all traditionally evil characters. Elves and Dwarves (and all the races of men), for instance, only have this decision against orces, goblins, uruks, wights, and spiders. I think there is plenty of precedence for them cleansing the lands of these sorts.

@ Redit

First off, it probably should be hard to cleanse an entire kingdom of the remnants of its people and convert it. That adds to the challenge.

However, it might be appropriate in the case of Mordor to create a unique event that converts most of its provinces to wilderness when it falls; however, I think some stronghold provinces should remain orc and require particular attention to cleanse.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 20:32 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

I agree with your response, and an Orcs of Morgal Vale kingdom springing up would be a nice touch after the fall of Sauron.
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 08:16 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

Very nearly done with it. Just need to fix some localisation issues. I'll have it posted sometime in the next 18 hours (but I have to sleep now). It's pretty stinkin' cool if I do say so myself.
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 02:17 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

Alright, the new racechange mechanics are in my cubby on dropbox. Test them out when you get a chance. In order to purge a province with the opposite aligned culture, you must have your marshal on the province you want to purge.
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Fri 16 May - 21:04 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

I've noticed that my event changes have not been implemented in the current patched build in dropbox. In case you're worried about the exact contents, I will write them here:

Added a decision to expel the remnants of an enemy culture from a conquered province which begins an event chain.
[tab]The decision requires that the character's marshal is in the province that the player desires to purge[/tab]

The initial event prompts the character as to whether he wishes, in fact, to proceed. This will chain to another event some time later in which the character comes upon the main encampment of the undesirables and can either try to assassinate the leader and scatter the resistance, or meet the resistance in open combat.

If a stealthy approach is taken, the character may succeed in killer the leader and scatter the resistance, or he may be wounded or killed, or he may simply push the resistance into open conflict. In this case, I've designed a new resistance cb to fire which acts a lot like a religious uprising cb. If it is defeated, the province culture and religion will become wilderness; otherwise, they will take occupied holdings. This same uprising will occur if the character chooses open combat in the previous event.

Let me know what you think.
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 16 May - 21:07 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

I've not much time in these days, when i'll have a bit, i promise to test this and the wilderness one.  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 May - 11:50 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

I tried these events, all works fine until i push out the revolt. Then, it seems that the province is still orkish (it was orkish in this case), even if i won the war?
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Sat 17 May - 17:27 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

That's stranged, it's always worked in my tests. Take a look at the new cb I created at the bottom of the cb file. It should change the province to wilderness. Make sure that the province has the being-purged province modifier since the cb uses that to identify it.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 May - 17:36 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

Ok will test it once again tomorrow, now time to be with my friends ^^
I just tested these events once, so it could be a problem from me, i'll check if all is good, don't worry!
Good job by the way Wink
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Sat 17 May - 17:48 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

Thanks!
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 6 Jun - 21:05 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

After a lot of bug reports this feature is pretty conclusively not working, can you look at it again dherve, colonisation as a whole now doesn't work
dherve10
Team

PostPosted: Fri 6 Jun - 21:37 (2014)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion Reply with quote

I believe I've fixed it. I'll put the fixed wilderness.txt it in dropbox.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: Making a decision/events to change province culture/religion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange