The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 16:48 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Since we decided to reconsider the role of religions in Middle Earth, and to reorganize them as "Races" and "Culture", it's time for a revamp of this part of the game. I've started working on the eastern part of the map first, since there's not much replacing work to do there. I've removed a religion (religion_nurning) since Nurniag are basically a cultural tribe of the general term "Easterlings" and added some cultures. I want to know what you think before going on.
Green = New 
Red = Removed

RELIGION GROUP - RACIAL GROUP

Men of Darkness (religion_group_hildor)

RELIGION - RACE

Southrons (religion_southron)
Easterlings (religion_easterlings)
Black Numenoreans (religion_black_numenorean)

Nurnings -(religion_nurning) REMOVED

CULTURES

Easterlings (culture_group_easterling)
 - Easterlings, inhabitants of Rhun (culture_easterling)
 - Balchoth, tribe (culture_balchoth)
 - Wainriders, tribe (culture_wainriders)
 - Nurniags, inhabitants of Nurn (culture_nurnim)
 - Variags, inhabitants of Khand (culture_variags)
 - Khundolars, tribe in Brownlands during the War of the Rings - LOTRO
 - Jangovars, tribe in northern Rhovanion during the War of the Rings - LOTRO
 - Nuriags, inhabitants of Nurad - MERP
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 11 May - 16:48 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 00:03 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

I'm not sure about removal of Nurnings, as they have as much a right to be a seperate culture as the other small cultures.

I agree with additions, but isn't Hildor a name for all men?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 08:25 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Currently the hildor group has only southron and easterling inside. So somebody made this mistake at the start of the mod, I didn't change anything here.
I won't remove Nurnim, I'd remove only their race/religion. The sources on the net say that they're basically easterlings. I sincerely don't see them as a separate race, but more as a small cultural group, so they should be in game only as Nurniag culture
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 09:54 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

We'll have to check all our characters after this work, but it looks good for me! Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 09:56 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Lonhaldar wrote:
We'll have to check all our characters after this work, but it looks good for me! Okay

That's why i started from Eastern men, there's not much work to do there. I've already replaced everything concerning them, in every file, and works well. i was just waiting for your permissions to put it in the cubby.  Very Happy
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 10:42 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Okay Perfect then!
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 13:59 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

The only other thing is that we've got a lot of events with culture_groups, religions or cultures as triggers... Be sure to don't broke all our events Very Happy
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 14:08 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Groups won't be touched at all  Okay
Most of the work will consist in moving cultures/religion between groups and/or adding new cultures.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 14:09 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

ok!
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:14 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

If we take Nukus work on cultures then Nurnings are very different from Easterlings as they are based on Serbs/Slavic rather than Persian/Turkic, but we should probably ask him

In that case they have very different race from Easterlings, as you see in their names in cultures file

Nurn have Slavic Alexandr_Alexander Alexei_Alexis Andrei_Andrew Boris Briachislav_Bretislaus Daniil_Daniel Davyd_David Demid Dmitriy_Demetrius Dobrynia Fedot_Theodat Feodor_Theodore Gavriil_Gabriel etc

Easterlings have Abagha Achigh Aguchu Ajai Ajinai Akhutai Alagh Alchi Alchidai Altan Ambaghai Arkhai Arasen Babur Badai Bagaridai Bala Barghujin Bartan Batu Bedugun Begter Belgutei etc

Last edited by Redit on Mon 12 May - 15:17 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:16 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Yeah, Easterlings are mostly nomads cultures from outside of the map, when Nurnings seems to be in these lands since ages, and are more farmers, so not really nomads, in my opinion.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:18 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Yeah, that's right, they deserve own race like Khand or Haladin
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:26 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

I guess Nuku thought about Slavic people because of Nurning slavery conditions (?)
The truth is that we know nothing about them, because Tolkien wrote nothing about them  Mr. Green , he only said that they were enslaved men. It's probable (as the non-canonical sources refer) that they would look like Variags and Easterlings, since they're very close to them, and the geographic area is similar. Btw in these cases we can use our fantasy, i don't think the old Tolkien would mind.  Mr. Green
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:31 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

Using our fantasy is making them Slavic and seperate Smile

I don't think that's great logic, the Turks and Greeks live together are very different because Turks were Nomads. Mongolians almost came to invade Austria from East, much like Easterlings come from East, this doesn't mean they are similiar in culture. We lose nothing by adding a bit of our own touch to the non canon lore, and having one extra race doesn't cause any problems. Nurn is green farmland while Khand is a desert and Easterlings live as Nomads on steppes in East

Keep the Nurning race Chris
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 15:33 (2014)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp Reply with quote

I'll keep the nurning  Okay
How fascinating, we started talking about Middle Earth and ended up talking about Turks and Greeks  Mr. Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 02:59 (2017)    Post subject: Religion/Race - Cultures Revamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange