The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 14:27 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

I'm currently working on some events about Khazad-Dûm, when dwarves holds the land.
The goal is to make possible to search for mithril in the deeps of the mine.

You can first choose to search in the upper part, but quickly, this option will be disabled, because it'll appears that you won't fight anything there. Some events could occurs :
1/ You find some mithril, with the possiblity to change them in gold or in mithril chest for you or for someone you want to give it (in your court/vassals). 10% chance.
2/ You can't find anything, just a fail. 30% chance
3/ You can't find anything, and the miners told you that you will never find any mithril in the upper parts of the mines. The first option is now disabled. 60% chance

The second option is to search in the deeps of the mine, and then, some events could occurs :
1/ You find some mithril, with the possiblity to change them in gold or in mithril chest for you or for someone you want to give it (in your court/vassals). 25% chance.
2/ You can't find anything, just a fail. 60% chance
3/ Something seems to awake in the deeps... Coming of the Balrog (disabled after 10324). 15% chance

The third option is to not try to search after mithril.
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 14:27 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 18:50 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

Here's the first screenshots of these events, all works fine, i just made a wrong trigger for the Balrog, and some wrong localisations ^^:

Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 18:56 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

Embarassed
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 19:00 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

Wow, this is gonna be a major update, not a minipatch  Mr. Green
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 12 May - 19:05 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

I'll try to improve it, but i believe that a lot of players are waiting for something like this ^^
I tryed to be the more lore-accurate i can, with some changes for gameplay Wink
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 11:05 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

Here's the events with the end of the duel between the dwarf and the Balrog, and correct scopes/triggers for the Balrog (i needed to create a new one, as the scopes seemed to don't works correctly, so i'll change his dynasty, don't worry Very Happy) :

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 13 May - 15:36 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

The events are in the patch cubby if you want to test them (decision+event+localisation+interface+gfx/event_pictures Wink)
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Aug - 06:04 (2014)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events Reply with quote

I have done some testing on it yesterday (spamming event moria.0), here is what happened :
- I got the balrog after a few tries, a had the chance to defeat him (strong martial character)
- I kept spamming event moria.0, and I got a second balrog, again my character defeated him
- I kept spamming event moria.0, and I got a third balrog Wink this time my character died. I send my heir to fight the balrog but nothing happened. I looked for the balrog I found him at the court of Mandos in Valinor. He was marshall (martial skill of 41)

Some thoughts about it (I did not read all the event chain, so sorry if part of this is already done) :
I read that Tolkien had said the balrog of Moria was not the only one, but there should be no more than 6 of them left, so several balrogs is not completely wrong, just very highly unlikely (no reason they should all be sleeping Under Khazad dûm). I suggest to prevents the coming of a second balrog (with a global flag "balrogdefeated" ?), or at least to decrease the chance of the coming of another balrog each time (1st at 15% I think, 2nd 7,5%, 3rd 4%, 4th 2%, 5th 1%, 6th 0,5%, 7th 0.25%, no more after) Probably harder to code and we should really make it worthy for dwarves to search for mithril. I prefer the unique balrog, much easier to balance.

As a dwarf, searching for mithril should be a priority (does the AI does the event on its own ? Or is it triggered at the normal time ?).
As a player, who, in his right mind, would risk to confront a balrog with high chances to die and lose his best county, for a limited gain ? (mithril mail shirts with +2 martial). To put it differently, once a player got the shirt for his main character, there is no reason to search for mithril again.

We should make sure players will want to risk everything :
- a trait for the character who defeated the balrog (non inheritable or with a lesser version inherited -like Saoshyant descendant in vanilla-) like those of the gondorians who defeated their foes
- other items in mithril (I had made a second option to get a mithril sword, I can find it back but it is mainly some copy/paste work) like axe, shield, helmet (with +2 martial or other stats, defense/offense/morale damage... and they would replace the items from erebor -easier to get but weaker) By the way, I haven't seen all the items that could be crafted with the last patch : what I propose shouldn't make other events useless.
- I would like to make the lvl 6 dwarven mines available after the death of the balrog (mithril mines -only in moria- that could be build with the global flag "balrogdefeated", and maybe a personnal flag "mithril found" triggered each time a character finds some mithril so the character still needs to look for mithril after the balrog's death. If it works, we could also add another level for the forge (mithril forges, specials stats to see later, I would like it to -lightly- enhance the dwarven army like if many had mithril items)
- since a normal dwarf ruler should search for mithril, we could add a prestige/vassal opinion penalty for those who have not done it (penalty that would be active as long as the player hasn't a flag caused by the search for mithril.

EXILE :
After the balrog's victory, when chosing exile, I am proposed to usurp 1 of 3 kingdoms... but only one of them is my vassal (starting date of the fall of arnor, Ered Luin and Iron hills are independants)
-By the way for Iron Hills, the player is granted the capital, but for Ered Luin and Grey mountains, he is granted another county and not Thorin's gate or Gothog Zigil-
I wonder if this is necessary, if the player loses Moria, he probably have other counties to rely on (if not, it would be a rare game over). Events should not give a title realm that easily. If the player wants another realm, he must gain it himself (and going into exile has little sense while having other counties).

Anyway, I checked all possibilities, they seem to work as intended except I did not lose Moria... and the balrog was Marshall at Mandos' court, so I couldn't test the retaking of the Moria.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 10:30 (2017)    Post subject: The Mines of Khazad-Dûm events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange