The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

First and Second Age Maps
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jun - 22:04 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Here's a little work I've been doing on possible scopes for First and Second Age maps of Middle Earth as expansions to the mod, of course launched separately from the main mod.

First Age

Second Age

Black outline is the current map
Red is the mountains from first age and how they join into second/third
Pink is the rivers from first age and how they join into second/third
Blue is sea

The second age map has Numenor projected at the right size but much closer to the mainland than is should be, this is to keep the map size the same as vanilla (3072x2048) for best appearance and a huge map of sea wouldn't be good either for appearance/gameplay
Numenor could also be divided into more counties, at the moment the colours show the duchies with 2 counties per duchy

Appreciate suggestions
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 1 Jun - 22:04 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 2 Jun - 08:45 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Interesting! The Numenor map looks good, i can help you to improve it with more territories if you want! Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 11:41 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Can't find any maps which have more settlements on Numenor, so they will all have to be made up. Do you think it needs more? I added 1 in the main duchy in the middle
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 11:52 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

yeah, i believe Numenor needs more territories, after all, it was almost a continent!
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 12:08 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

This better?

Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 12:27 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Much better, concerning the map. What about adding the islands shown in this map posted by Lonhaldar some months ago? Except Himling, it's already in.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 12:44 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Tol Morwen especially, as it's the place where is the grave of Turin Wink
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 13:15 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

I will add the Northern ones, but Tol Uialgar and Lonely Islands seem to be non canon
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 13:23 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 13:26 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Here:
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 14:10 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Could you also add the island close to Umbar. "Tol Uialgaer" ? I swear it's the last request  Razz
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 14:14 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

It's a non-canon island so I don't think it should be in
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 4 Jun - 14:44 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

True, I didn't notice it was not on the canon maps
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Mon 9 Jun - 19:46 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 9 Jun - 21:03 (2014)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps Reply with quote

Very nice, btw, there's a missing island in Numenor, Tol Uinen.
http://www.tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tol_Uinen
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:03 (2017)    Post subject: First and Second Age Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange