The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul - 20:50 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

I agree with you for the about bree ans saralainn, i'll do it, or you can add these events if you want to work on it  Okay

For the colonisation thing, it's interesting, do you know how to remove holdings on a province? I never tried to do it, so i don't know how it works, but if we can do it, it could be really an interesting feature.
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul - 20:50 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul - 14:48 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

I thought there was a destroy_holding effect, since there is a random raiding event that looters destroy a holding. However, it seems that such an event is hardcoded... I'll campaign in the Paradox Forum for its inclusion in the next patch.

As for Bree and Saralain, I can try to do it. It would be a generic event, requiring:

- Less than 50 years since Sauron is dead OR Sauron lost the One Ring again
- An heir of Isildur holds the Kingdom of Arnor OR an heir of Anarion holds the Kingdom of Gondor OR an heir of Anarion holds the Kingdom of Arnor if there is no heir of Isildur OR an heir of Isildur holds the Kingdom of Gondor if there is no heir of Anarion
- Target is a "Good" Edain (excluding Dunlendings, Haldadians, Rhudaur and Angmar hillmen, even if "Good") with his primary title in the de_jure land of Arnor or Gondor AND has an opinion of his future liege above zero AND NOT more than 2500 prestige

Maybe this requires 2 events, since it deals with 2 different de_jure lands. And for someone with my reduced modding experience, points 2 and 3 will be rather complicated to code... Point 3 is specially hard, it seems to me.

P.S.: The last requirement is a sort of placeholder. My idea is that a dynasty that manages (for example) to rule the Lesser Kingdom of Cardolan independently for hundreds of years prior to Sauron's defeat wouldn't really see the point in submitting to Aragorn. Nor would Aragorn really press the issue, I think. A descendent of him, with Ambitious or Proud or Wroth or other similar traits might do it, though...
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jul - 18:42 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

I've been trying to create an event that tests a suggestion offered on the forums that might work, but I've been failing miserably...

I wanted to make an event that, on_siege_over_winner would trigger:

character_event = {
    id = destroy.0
    desc = "destroy_de0"
    picture = GFX_evt
    is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
        name = EVTOPTA
        remove_settlement = FROM
    }

}

If the effect remove_settlement doesn't really exist, shouldn't the event still fire (even if doing nothing)?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul - 15:51 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

Sorry Moridin, i was a little sick these last days, but i'm back to business Wink

I like your suggestion, i believe that maybe you should lower the time before Bree and Saralainn are able to join Gondor/Arnor. 50 years seems too much, maybe 10-20 years? It could be the same for Hobbits too i believe !

For your problem, maybe this should works :

any_realm_province = { 
any_demesne_province = {
limit = {
is_capital = no
}
remove_settlement = PREV
}
}

But i'm not sure it'll works, never tried it...

It seems by the way that's the only way to remove an holding is to use the loot mechanics :
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?766465-Command-to-destroy-holdings&highlight=remove_settlement

Quote:
From defines.lua:

LOOT_HOLDING_DEST_MIN_SAFE = 4, -- there is a 1 in LOOT_HOLDING_DESTRUCTION_ODDS chance that
LOOT_HOLDING_DESTRUCTION_ODDS = 20, -- a holding with less than LOOT_HOLDING_DEST_MIN_SAFE buildings will be destroyed by looting

Yes! You found the reason why the holding got destroyed in my game. From what I understand in the lua file there is 1 in 20 chance for destruction for holdings that have less than 4 buildings.

So basically we would need to make an event that destroys the buildings in a holding until the number of building is 3 and then somehow loot that holding until it gets destroyed 
 The first part seems easy but is the second part even possible?

I just had a crazy idea:

Maybe after destroying the buildings we could make the target baron independent and then magically spawn a special demolition unit (army) that can loot his holding Evil or Very Mad
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul - 19:38 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

I've confirmed on the forums that it's not possible to destroy holdings yet. It has been promised that it would be added in a future patch, however. Let's hope it's the near future xD

As for the years on the event, I think you misunderstood me: it's the numbers of years after Sauron's defeat in which someone like Bree or Saralain would consider submitting to someone like Aragorn. After those years, it should no longer be possible...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 08:47 (2014)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like Reply with quote

That was what i was thinking, it's mostly impossible. Well, we'll wait then Wink

Oh yeah, a little misunderstood then! But can we do it? A limit of years? Never seen this before, and ever coded this kind of thing. I'll look at how we can do this once i'll have dome my current works Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:24 (2017)    Post subject: Orc gameplay discussion - what it should be like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange