The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Craft Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 16:34 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Here's a look to some new events i just finished, about the "craftsmen" traits.
When you hold one of them (as a dwarf or a noldor, the only cultures allowed), you'll have several possibilities:

1/ Forge a Weapon
This will allow you to forge your own sword.

Here's the event chain for dwarves (only one weapon available : dwarvish sword) :

You failed :

You succeed :

And here's the same thing for elves (two swords for now : Elvish Sword and Ancient Elvish Sword):

2/ Create a Jewel [ WIP ]
Ability to create a necklace or a brooch

3/ Re-build the Gwaith-i-Mirdain (WIP)
For elves, if a character is at least master craftsman, and holds Ost-in-Edhil, he can re-build the brotherhood of Celebrimbor

4/ Feeds the Fires of the Forges
For dwarves, will give some provinces bonuses.
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 16:34 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 18:06 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Superb work, as always Lon  Okay
I'd like to suggest a thing, that doesn't refer to this decision only, but in general. What do you think about assembling similar decisions in a macro decision? In this case, a "Forging decisions" "Forging" or "Start Forging" that, when picked, makes the player choose between these choices by event:

"Forge a Weapon"
"Create a Jewel"
"Re-build the Gwaith-i-Mirdain"
"Feeds the Fires of the Forges"

and so on
I suggest this because:
1) We wouldn't have to make a decision icon for each of them
2) Everything will be clearer for the player, i pick the Forging decision/panel and I choose what to do
3) I think our mod is on the more consistent in terms of decisions, we have lots of them, and in the long term we could have dozens and dozens of decisions in the panel, a bit messy.

I don't know if i've been completely clear, tell what you think  Mr. Green
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 18:11 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Yeah that's a good idea!
Maybe somthing like "Use my Craft/Artisan Skills" will be more understandable for the players, but yeah, will make it Okay
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 18:17 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Yeah, choose the name you prefer  Okay
Everything will be clearer in this way 
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 19:13 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Some new nicknames available for dwarves with these events :
Fire-Hammer
Golden-Hands
Sparkling-Beard
Emeralds-Hairs
Ruby-Belt
Diamond-Hands
Goldenshield
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jul - 21:40 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Some screenshots of the jewels events :

Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 2 Aug - 17:08 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

Will you expand this gameplay in the future? Expanding the variety of weapons that can be made? Maybe to include the armors and weapons made by the descendents of the Numenoreans? Having Westernesse daggers would be awesome...

Also, instead of making it a decision that you can enact once you have enough gold and piety, can you make it a decision that can only happen if you have a Master Smith in court (which should be somewhat rare) and possess a province in your realm with a high-level Forge and the materials to do it? And the money goes to the Master, along with a moderate amount of prestige? Also, the best of all artifacts should give a small amount of prestige to its holder...

No pressure xD
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 2 Aug - 17:38 (2014)    Post subject: Craft Events Reply with quote

I'll certainly expand this kind of events in the future, i'll make more with th different traits, but yeah, maybe some other stuffs should be good.

For now, you can only do it if YOU're a craftsman, and not if you've got one in your court. it'll prevent from too many traits-objects in the game, something that should be a non-sense IMHO. But yeah, i'll make more things Wink
For now i'm working on some gouverning mechanics for some kingdoms/races/cultures (Council of Gondor, Assembly of Dwarves, ...)
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: Craft Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange