The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

New Shadow events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul - 21:23 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

I'm currently working on some "new shadow" events.

Here's the line i'll follow :

First of all, all will turn around a "Cult", the Dark Tree :
- Some Numenoreans Characters, with "evil" traits (like cruel, deceitful, cynical, ...) will think that the King's Peace is a mistake, and that's Numenorean characters should be the ruler of all the world now, and not the friends of all the races. They think too, as the Numenoreans of old, that the Valar stole the immortality of the men. Their goal is to change the minds in Gondor, to make wars, and to praise Melkor.

Here's the event chain :

1/ Eldarion is King of Gondor, and receive an event that inform him about some evil characters in the kingdom

2/ An event will pop for a random "evil" numenorean character (a cruel one for exemple) : A Black Numenorean priest, from the lands of the south of Bellakar will come to see him, and will offer him to create a brotherhood to spread his black cult.

3/ If the character accepts the offer, he'll have to travel until the South of the Ephel Duath, where's Herumor, the former Black Numenorean rulers of the Haradrim during the Last Alliance, rest. He'll have to find his grave, and an object in it, object that'll give enough influence to the character to form the Dark Tree Brotherhood.

4/ The character found an object (the seal of Herumor or his crown), and he's now able to form the dark tree. He'll needs to find some disciples, and will try to reunite them. He'll gain the "Leader of the Dark Tree" trait, when the disciples will gain the "Member of the Dark Tree" one. The leader can choose to take the name "Herumor" too.

5/ The King of Gondor will heard about the confrery, and will have the choice to try to imprison them, or to create the "faithful" order, with a mission to find the "dark tree" members one by ones in a long term.

6/ Several events, about ceremonies or sabotages for the dark tree will occurs. As a member of this cult, you'll be allowed to form new characters, like your sons.
Good side will try to find the conspirators and to prevent them to incorporate the main families of Gondor.

What do you think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul - 21:23 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul - 21:30 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

It's very interesting, and it really looks like the book that Tokien started writing after the Lord of The Rings, so it's great!  Okay
The New Shadow scenario is one of the most interesting and promising scenarios imho. If we work well on it, could be really fun to play. I mean, it's like AGOT. But in Middle Earth, is there anything better?  Mr. Green
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jul - 21:37 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

Yeah, i choosed to work on it in a plot/clans way and not in a classic revolt one. In the small text, it's really look like how Numenoreans were at the end : they have nobody to fear, and then, some feels too much powerful, and begins to think about immortality and world domination. 
I believe that's the better way to work on this story, as we know almost nothing about it ^^
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jul - 14:21 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

Some first screenshots about the creation of the dark tree :

Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sun 20 Jul - 17:35 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

These look really nice. However, I'd caution against 2 things:

- Specifically using 'Eldarion as king of Gondor' trigger. There are many characters that could unite the Dunedain after Sauron's defeat and Eldarion is but one of them. To deny all others such awesome flavor events is a bad move, in my opinion. A looser trigger like "Good Human King as ruler of most Good Men after Sauron's defeat" would be better...

- Focusing too much on the Valar as antagonists. Afterall, Valinor is forever beyond the reach of Men and therefore cannot be challenged in Numenorean style again. Perhaps the Black Tree could believe that, if they subjugated all of Middle-Earth, Melkor would grant them the immortality that they were wrongly denied by the Valar or some such. It contains an appropriate amount of Valar-hating without obsessing on them...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul - 15:55 (2014)    Post subject: New Shadow events Reply with quote

- You're right. For now, i use the "Eldarion trigger", but only a date trigger should be enough, if i remove Elessar from this.

- That's just some localisation, easy to be changed, but you're certainly right. By the way, i think it added somre flavour, and a link with the "revolt" of the Numenoreans of the Second Age. 
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:36 (2017)    Post subject: New Shadow events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange