The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Quest for Erebor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul - 20:24 (2014)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor Reply with quote

In light of the recent Hobbit films, I think a bookmark representing this period will gather much attention from the community.

The province history is nearly equal to the War of the Ring bookmark and there are already new events about the Dwarves and Erebor, plus several ideas for the Orcs and the Necromancer.

I think that focusing on this bookmark (polishing some flavour events, fleshing out Smaug and the Elves) and releasing it sometime after the 3rd Hobbit film would net this mod some much deserved attention, maybe even some more modders willing to join the team.

What do you guys think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 23 Jul - 20:24 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 08:46 (2014)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor Reply with quote

I agree with this, even if i can't see this on the mod (i've some difficulties to imagine how we'll simulate the quest of erebor for the whole map).
By the way, the third film will be released in december, so we've got enough time to make another bookmark before it i think, no?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 14:51 (2014)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor Reply with quote

I can't really estimate how much time would be consumed working on another bookmark since I haven't been around before to see how much the team can do in any given time period.

I suggested the Quest for Erebor (and maybe The Arrival of Smaug, it's 99% the same content) because of the reasons stated above: it's nearly equal to the War of the Ring bookmark in characters and province history, it touches heavily on aspects that are being worked on at the moment anyway (Dwarves, Necromancer, Orcs, possible gameplay for Dragons) AND it will certainly be received by the public with great interest. It would be heavily event-driven, though, like the Fellowship event-chain. It's unavoidable...

We'd have to capture interest by presenting surprisingly polished and interesting gameplay, which would be the real challenge of this bookmark.

If we can do another bookmark in the mean time, it really depends on which bookmark and how much work can be done. How advanced is your Last Alliance bookmark? We could try to get that one ready for release before December. However, if you feel it still needs too much work to release this soon, we would have to choose a less ambitious but equally eye-catching bookmark (for which I have no idea at the moment Razz ).

EDIT: What about The Witch-King Triumphant? It is a nice followup of the Fall of Arnor bookmark. It would focus on the taking of Fornost, the death of Arvedui and total destruction of the Northern Kingdom. Then, the retaking of Fornost by the Gondorian-Elven alliance, the vanquishing of all Evil in Eriador and the escape of the Witch-King to Mordor. Finally, the resurgence of the Nazgul, the fall of Minas Ithil, the challenge and death of Earnür and establishing of the Stewards of Gondor.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 16:56 (2014)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor Reply with quote

All the Numenorean characters are done for the Last Alliance, there's again a lot of work to do on it by the way. I believe that'll maybe have more chance to release a "New Shadow" one in september/october.When we work only on a bookmark, it'll spend around two monthes i think.

I agree with you, the interest for a "Quest of Erebor/Coming of Smaug" bookmark will be huge, and we should work on it soon!

For the "Witch-King triumphant", i think we can make it in a "Invasion of the Wainriders" bookmark, its around the same years, no?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul - 17:30 (2014)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor Reply with quote

It is around the same years but, besides being less catchy (xD) having the events I mentioned for the other bookmark would depend on the Invasion happening similar to the books, which seems a bit hard to do (having the Northern Gondorian Army destroyed and then somehow an even smaller Southern Army routing such superior force). It would be too railroaded to be fun, in my opinion...
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:39 (2017)    Post subject: Quest for Erebor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange