The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture buildings
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:07 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Perfect  Okay
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:07 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:36 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I'll be happy to write better localisations as soon as i come back home from holidays  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:37 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Good, I was too lazy to work on them, honestly Very Happy. But i'll write the french translations if you want Wink
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug - 08:54 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I have just understood the difference between
Potential = { FROM = { culture = culture_balrog } }
and
Potential = { culture = culture_balrog }

The first makes the building dependant on the character's culture, the second makes it dependant on the provinces culture.
Thus, to match with the colonization event, any building should be with "Potential = { culture = culture_XXX }" I have changed that for the Druedain (they were the only exception so far and that allowed them to have access to their own buildings anywhere).
There will be exceptions of course, like Balrog and dragons. (so they can build their lair anywhere).
Unique buildings will have to be checked.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 08:30 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I have copied the temple (normal and special ones) buildings into the city buildings. The only modification is that tax income has been replaced by piety to liege. Localisation moved to city files
The buildings still exist as temple building so they can still be seen/built ingame for now.

I am okay to replace temple holdings by cities in the history fils but I would like the confirmation to do it Smile
When this will be done :
00_MEPspecial and 00_MEPtemples (buildings) will be obsolete. Localisation file "main_buildings" will almost be (still having road localisation).

Some localisation will have to be reworked if we do so :
ex in Moria : Chambers of Chamber of Marzabul Smile
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 10:55 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

For me, you can go ahead and replace the temples ingame by cities/castles  Okay

Just maybe, keep temples (with no buildings) in Meneltarma at least. So it'll prevent the lands to have buildings. Maybe for Harifilien too?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 11:26 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Meneltarma would be nicer with a ruined city having holy sancturies in it (because of the picture of the Church for temples)
Maybe remove the temple, make just 1 city holding, with eagle culture so it cannot be colonized for now.

Harifilien ? I found Harithilien but I doubt you were meaning that.
Was it Tol Morwenn ?
If so, 3 holdings are too much, I would make like Meneltarm 1 city and unique buildings in it

Ok, it was Halifirien, with the tomb of Elendil. Wink
Well as you want but as far as I am concerned, we should remove all temples as long as we cannot change the picture of the Church

I'll work on the roads first I think
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 17:58 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Meneltarma should have no ruins, it is only the peak
Visit poster’s website Skype
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 18:14 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Done : temples replaced by cities except in Meneltarma and Halifirien
Files in the dropbox
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 18:34 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Ok! For Tol Morwen, it's the grave of Morwen and the Stone of the Hapless for Turin and Nienor. I want to make some specfic events for this place, but well, i suppose we can let it as a city. Even if in my opinion, it's an holy place like Meneltarma and Halifirien (sorry for the mistake, i'm a little tired these days :p), where nothing should be builded.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 19:08 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

It can be changed back easily for Tol Morwen anyway.
If nothing should be built and as it is so small, maybe just one holding with buildings simulating the stone of the hapless and the tomb of Morwen
Making a 3 holding province that can't be exploited might be frustrating for the players, I prefer the way of Meneltarma.
At that point my last grief against temples comes from the non-immersive chruch picture.
What about making them the culture of ERU(or anything) and make for the castles or cities a picture that would be something holy ?
non useable and more game immersive... However it could not apply to Halifirien
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 12:49 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I did some caclulation with the tax laws between Moria and Erebor and changed Mines and Forges so Moria would be as wealthy (calculations for 10% vassal tax and 45% city tax). This is also an global increase of dwarven wealth (mostly mountain dependant but still...)
I am still planning and working on economic buildings for other races. The dwarven buildings being built with many upgrades take time and quite a lot of money anyway (160 to 250 years to gain some money back). I doubt it is too unbalancing for short term games
Testing will be needed after I have added economics buildings for other cultures ...
Howerver, IMO, only Noldors and Numenoreans should come close to dwarves when speaking of wealth...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 13:35 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Yeah, i agree with that, Noldor and Numenoreans should be the second-in-wealth, after dwarves. Noldor should have powerful buildings, but with a high cost and a long time to be builded IMHO, while Numenoreans should have more balanced ones.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug - 14:56 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

An easy way for me to do it is split buildings in uppgrades for noldors just like I did for dwarves : each upgrade means a cost and build increase.
Humans would have less upgrades for the same kind of thing (but some additionnal buildings would as the same potential.
This way I do not need to recalculate every costs
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 22 Aug - 12:52 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I fixed some missing brackets in 03_DRUEDAIN and 04_HOBBITS Wink
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:41 (2017)    Post subject: Culture buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 5 of 7

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange