The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Culture buildings
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep - 10:30 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

About some buildings, i believe that we needs some events to give some buildings at start of a game, depending on the date. For exemple, for now, in a Kin-Strife event, all the main cities will be empty. Or in The War of the Ring, Erebor, Minas Tirith or Edoras will be empty too. 

I suggest to add some buildings by events at start of the games for some cities then. Not the highest level, but enough building to simulate the strength of these places, and for balance issues. What do you think?
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep - 10:30 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep - 08:43 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

So it would be automatic ? seems simple to script, and one event could make all the changes so there would be no need to do it multiple times.
Only the "capitals" for now ?

Interresting idea
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 16:59 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Gondor should have an average of all mid-level buildings per province (with the important cities having higher-level buildings).

Arnor should have around one-third-levels buildings (warfare between kingdoms would reduce prosperity).

ETC.

P.S.: I talked about this in another post a while ago. I'll try to find it and repost it here...
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 17:01 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Found it xD

The Gondorian kingdoms near the Anduin were the ones more colonized, followed by the ones near the ocean coast. However, Ithilien suffered a lot from war devastation.

In the South, coastal regions such as Umbar were quite populous, while the interior regions were also reasonably populated by Southrons.

In the East, there were many populous tribes. As a whole, the Easterlings were a numerous and dangerous folk.

Rhovanion was moderately populated, having suffered from countless Easterling attacks and the Northmen's own infighting. Same goes for Dale.

The Vale of the Anduin was the same thing, just replace Easterling attacks with Orc raids.

Northern Mirkwood was sparsely settled by Thranduil's folk, Middle Mirkwood by a mix of Elves and Woodsmen. Southern Mirkwood had a lonely Necromancer in Dol Guldur and some spiders in the rest of the woods. The spiders slowly expanded north and Dol Guldur got filled with orcs.

Lothlorien was moderatly settled by the Galadhrim. Lindon was (I think) the most populous Elven realm. Rivendell was a sizable colony.

Calenardhon had Rhovanion-like population levels and Enedwaith was sparsely populated.

Arnor was moderatly settled. It has suffered from some infighting between the lesser kingdoms.

Angmar and Gundabad were also moderatly settled. Angmar had enough orcs and evilmen to seize the opportunity Rhudaur presented and the Orcs of Gundabad were strong enough to raid the Grey Mountains.

Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 17:59 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

From what Lon wrote, this is about making an event giving some buildings to the most notable provinces. This means writting every building and every holding (in every concerned province) so that they could be above the average provinces.
AND we would have to make a different event for different startind date.

So as far as I understood, this will only concern the capitals (Annuminas, Fornost, Minas Tirith, Moria, etc...)

Unless this would be must easier and faster than what I imagine, I disagree with making this for every province, that should be done in another (less tedious) way.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 6 Sep - 18:07 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Exactly, to add buildings, we needs to add province by province, with specific dates... We can only do that for some provinces, or it'll be a really, really, really huge work, with a really really really big freeze at start ^^
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct - 20:49 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

With the addition of tribal holdings we may want to overhaul buildings for Druedain, Hillmen, Dunlendings, Orcs, Khand, Harad, Nurn etc

I realise this is going back on some work but it should be a better representation
Visit poster’s website Skype
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Oct - 21:34 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I don't know about Orcs... Won't we get Sauron having hundred of tiny armies of Orc allies to deal with it?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct - 09:55 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Tribes aren't necessarily small, it is just the tribal buildings I'm interested in. You can have a 'tribe' of any size.. Maybe not Orcs, but I don't think castles/cities truly fits them.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 03:43 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

EDIT Khand/Harad/Nurn might be nomadic but i do not see them as primitives
Druedain, Hillmen, Dunlendings could be tribal IMO. Forrochel also.
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 12:12 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I don't think tribal = primitive, it's just a way of better representing holdings/buildings but obviously no one agrees Smile
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 14:01 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

I agree with Redit lol
Btw i'm not fully sure about Khand/Harad/Easterling, how do these new tribal holdings work?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 14:32 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

Tribal holdings have a very different gameplay that doesnot affect just buildings.
it is a "basic" holding that can evolve in a castle with a feudal ruler/liege or into a town (with merchant republic).
It has few buildings, some of them are built with gold, the others are built with prestige.
A tribal ruler will have a strong (-30) negative opinion modifier with his liege if he is not tribal (so a feudal player will want to make its tribal holding to evolve as soon as possible)

In term of gameplay, the tribal vassals do not provide levy : they give allied troops (so those troops can be in consistent numbers but they will not obey the player).
It seems to me those troops are weaker than feudal troops, but it might just because of technological modifier.

A tribal player can raise tribal troops by decision (during a war) 500 prestige for 2500 troops.

So to put it simply, a tribal holding is a holding that has not yet became a town or a castle (so I do call it primitive in the meaning it is a very basic holding, supposed to represent early middle age) They are not primitive like the druedain are.

You don't have to buy Charlemagne DLC to play with tribal holdings : it is part of the 2.2 patch and if you have the old gods (did not check 1066), norse holdings are still tribal in 869

Last edited by Athoen on Fri 17 Oct - 17:51 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 15:37 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

All of those things can be modded however, strength of troops, cost and value (gold, prestige or piety), opinion modifiers, etc
The only non moddable thing could be vassal tribe armies behaving like allies

I see Khand as similar to Mongols, nomadic horsemen.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct - 17:54 (2014)    Post subject: Culture buildings Reply with quote

One way to put it is what kind of authority should have a ruler in each culture :

If a ruler is just a little more powerfull than anyone else, tribal could do it.
If a ruler is supposed to have a strong authority on the others, then feudal is better

EDIT : By the way, laws are also affected : feudal and town laws (levy and texes) do not affect tribal holdings and crown las are replaced by weaker versions.
Tribal holdings are "deleted" when upgrading to a castle or to a town.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:28 (2017)    Post subject: Culture buildings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >
Page 6 of 7

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange