The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ruins and Consequences
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 13:23 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

i'm working actually on the ruins events/effects, adding some more for some other places (ruins of Tharbad, ruins of Edhellond, ruins of Amon Sûl, ruins of Osgiliath, ruins of Ost-in-edhil, maybe ruins of Lond Daer and Amon Lanc too).

Basically, now, you won't be able to build anything if you've got ruins in the baronies. So you'll have to clean them, and then, you'll be able to build. Before that, each new building you'll add will be destroyed, like the Harrenhall mechanic in AGOT mod.

I'll add more events related to them too, like coming of wolves, or if it's your capital, the possibility to receive some stones on the head while walking in the inhabited streets.
Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 13:23 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 15:55 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Ruins of Edhellond and event to rebuild them:

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 16:42 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Rebuild Osgiliath, and you'll have a small chance to find this :

Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 17:22 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Great eventa lon, but is there an event for the destruction of Osgiliath in Kinstrife bookmark, so that it can be rebuilt later on? And same with Edhellond?
Visit poster’s website Skype
Chris93
Team

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 17:24 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

As said the last time, I'd suggest to put all the decisions that concern the same thing under a unique decision that triggers an event that makes you choose what to do. In this case something like "Rebuild Osgiliath" that triggers an event with two paths "Rebuild west/east"  Okay
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 8 Aug - 17:28 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Yeah, true. Will do it Wink

Redit, not for now, but i'm thinking about it ^^
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 16:27 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

At the end of my work with buildings, the main building file could be deleted : this way wilderness would no longer have access to anything.

By the way, I am planning to make the first level of unique dwarves fortresses non culture dependant. Any conqueror would have it, but would lose any upgrade and the capacity to do it.
Orcs and goblins would have the opportunity to make one upgrade (orcish version of moria for exemple)

The first level of Erebor (after having colonized it) is really a pain to build at start : it costs too much for that moment of a game. I think it might be nice to build it with an event
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 16:29 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Ok, that's not a problem for me!  Okay
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 19:04 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

By the way, I have realized I had not copied these lines in the building files :
OR = {
NOT = { has_building = ca_annuminas_ruins }
NOT = { has_building = ca_fornost_ruins }
}

As you have done some more work on this, can you tell me if there are more lines to add, if I must copy that to all cultures, or just some lines for a culture group (those two just for numenorean group, etc)
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 21:58 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Don't worry about it, i reworked this part, so now, if you've got these ruins, any other building will be destroyed!  Okay
So it'll prevent ruins to have other buildings, without these codes.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Tue 12 Aug - 03:46 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

That's better this way, and if we add ruins, we will not have to rework all the buildings Wink
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug - 06:41 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

I am working on an event for Erebor, based upon the rebuilding of Fornost (you did most of the work already)
So far I made a new building (lonely moutain) with strong negative stats that prevents the building of Erebor 1st lvl (as Erebor1 can be build by anyone now, it became necessary).
The event will be available to dwarves only I think
I might add a trait for the character who did it (non heritable), like for the gondorian king who did a major achievement, but not so strong.
Still thinking about what could be the major sucess (NOT the arkenstone, that's for sure, it would be spoiling further content. It could be fortress lvl 2 but it is against what I want to do with them...), as it it digging into the moutainn, it can hardly be an ancient artifact... Well may be a trait "gem mines from erebor" giving income (non heritable).
Such a trait could be added to the arkenstone event and replace the arkentsone once found (adding interrest for that event)

WIP : But There is something I need to know : how do I make sure those new traits won't be inherited ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug - 09:38 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Well, you maybe don't need a trait for this, but you can make a nickname, for exemple "Erebor's Founder". But it could be a trait, that's not a problem ^^

The traits are basically inheritable, you needs to code them to be. So if you don't add the corresponding lines for them, they won't be Wink
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 15 Aug - 13:20 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Basically done, files in a new folder in my cubby as it is still a WIP : it is functionnal but I would like to be more different from the Fornost ruins one (one or more option, may be with possibility to gain traits) and cost / time must be changed : the result is a major building in each holding, so it should cost more than and takes more time than the Fornost ruins event.

Summary
- Before year 10000, there is a building "Lonely Mountain" in Erebor, with negative values in tax income and garrison, and it also prevents anything to be built in Erebor.
- Once Erebor is colonized, a new decision becomes available (dwarf only) to create a new dwarf kingdom.
- A chain of events occurs (for now the same as fornost ruins, but references and localisation changed) -you like heat ?-
- At the end of the event, the Lonely mountain is removed from each city/castle and replaced with the first level of Erebor main building (no longer culture dependant, so it will remain after being conquered and colonized). The character will also gain a trait "Founder of Erebor" (minor bonus). I like the icon of this one
- As a major success, gem deposit can be found. it is simulated with a new trait (the icon of this one needs reworking, I wanted 3 gems in it, but they are not nice). Stronger bonus but I wanted to put all possibilities in it. Could be reduced. I would like this trait to be added in the "mine erebor" chain event (replacement after finding the arkenstone) so this event would still be triggered even after having the rest (the rest being heritable, the gem deposit not being so). I might do it if allowed to.
- I have modified the history file of Erebor to make the temple into a city so I won't have to redo it later (I will check that it does not break the tomb of Thorin event)

For now I am having a little break Smile waiting from feedback and looking for making trait dependant building (i will use the trait I made to see if can do the same for the search of mithril in the moria, allowing the building of mithril mines for each new character. Like the mumakil stuff.

EDIT : I have done some new buildings that can only be built with the needed trait
- Erebor Gem Deposit (trait) allows to build jewelers (Tax Income +6) in the cities of Erebor (tax income removed from the trait)
- Mithril Found (trait) allows to build mithril mines (TI+9) in the cities of Moria and mithril forges (200 heavy infantry, and 2 TI) in its castles.
Balancing : Values are made so Moria's wealth potential is slightly higher than Erebor's (crown laws not used, I should check that)
Those buildings disappear with the death of the character (checked), so the costs and building times were modified with 40% ( The costs of the buildings do seem cheap but mithril mines and jewelers will take 30 years to be worth it with a maximum tax law (45%).
Mithril Found trait is added during the moria event (when finding mithril of course)
And I modified the temples of Moria so they become cities (couldn't help it Mr. Green but as it stays in my cubby for now... tell me if it is too early whatever the reason)

Comments : the traits nicely allow to do as I wanted for one lifetime buildings.
The building of Erebor could allow the province to become dwarf if it was colonized by IA humans (like Dale that would do it). This was not planned but it would solve the problem should it happen.
For a human player (not playing dwarves). The province of Erebor just lost a lot of its interest (big loss in tax income and weak guarrison to simulate the harsh life they would have upon the lonely mountain). Offensive potential unchanged however (should be ?)

EDIT 2 : I had forgotten the trait file... I hope there is everything now...
The reworking of the chain of events is for tomorrow however.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 16 Aug - 15:24 (2014)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences Reply with quote

Event redone !
1st step : orc raiders (added possibility to gain brave/craven traits)
2nd step : collapse (added possibility to gain slothful/diligent traits)
3nd step : magma (added possibility to gain cruel/patient/kind traits)
Minimal cost : 600 gold, chance of success at best : 51.2% (44.8% if going for best chance to have nice traits)
Time between the events are still minimal for testing purpose, I think it should take at least 1 year, maybe 2 (it would take 10 years to build the first level of Erebor with in game value)

(files in the patch folder, WIP removed from my cubby)
I'll go back to easy-doing buildings for a while Mr. Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:05 (2017)    Post subject: Ruins and Consequences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange