The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

remarks from playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sat 9 Aug - 06:51 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

So I got back to playing the mod a little... and ended up with dwarves after ennoying myself with Gondor

First with Gondor, about gaining Palantiri :
- I got Osgilitath and Orthanc for myself (old habits of taking the bests holding), but the previous owners kept the palantir. Is there away to have them for now ?
If not, I sse several ways :
[list=]-a tyranical way : emprisoning their owners and stealing them (incurring tyranny , especially if not the "de jure" owner of the palantir) There are vents like this in the Elder Kings mod
- an economic way : pay for it, higher price if seller has a low opinion and if not the rightfull owner
- a diplomatic way, based only upon opinion, vassal-liege influence and right to possess it[/list]
The stealing could be extended do any artifact (like the one ring).

About Dwarves
- I got non-stop invasion from the Orcs of Gundabad (every 2 years, sometimes they break truce), a minor problem if I only deal with them, but if a attack anyone else, I am sure they will attack me during the war, making me lose one or both. I think it has the interest of making that start of the game more dynamic (last time I was just seating Under my mountain without any threat) and chalenging, but it also make it a prerequisite to deal with the orcs of gundabad before anything else.
Maybe 1 year truce is not long enough. I do not know if the orcs have the same problems from the dwarves, but while playing Gondor, orcs got the grey mountains pretty fast (which might not be against lore)

General events :
- I was often accused by my wife to have a lover (which was wrong) and I also accused her to have one, and it was also obviously wrong since nothing happened when I confronted her lover
- Duel during battle : when I got the window : "You turn to face X and he breaks his charge and flees. "That's right coward... run back to Gundabad...", the defenders got +10% morale, except I was attacking
- I think I have too often the event "I thing X is starting to fancy me"
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 9 Aug - 06:51 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug - 13:39 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

And Angmar is quite unstable, I have often seen orc revolting against the witch king. That shouldn't happen.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug - 15:54 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

Athoen wrote:

And Angmar is quite unstable, I have often seen orc revolting against the witch king. That shouldn't happen.

Indeed. I already reported the situation and possible solutions in the feedback thread. Check it and see if you agree with my remarks...
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 14:51 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

Someone can work on the Angmar stability? I've got too much things to do already, and if i put my head in the angmar events, i think my brain will burn Very Happy

Normally, if you're the holder of a land where remained a Palantir, but you're not the guardian of this palantir, you may have an ambition to claim it ack, and there's several things able to happened. The events are in palantir_events.txt if my memory is good. But maybe i didn't finished them for all the stones.

For the orcs of Gundabad, i'm happy to see that they're more agressive. It was a really pain to change that, and i've got again the problem with the static Angmar and Mordor. I think that's good, Orcs are warriors, and may expands against the Dwarves. But yeah, maybe we can make a more longer truce period.

The lover things should be improved for some races, Dwarves and Numenoreans will have it too often, that's true. I'll try to fix that when i'll have more time.

Thanks Athoen!
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 15:16 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

About those angmar events, I made this suggestion awhile ago:

Moridin997 wrote:

Also, do you think you can review the triggers for your event-chains about Angmar? To make sure they don't fire in awkward moments or that they do fire afterwards...

A at_peace = yes would do wonders. Also, a disable_casus_belli flag for the duration of an event-war to prevent the abuse of event-troops...

Those 2 checks on the events would solve a great deal of bugs and seem easy to implement (but since I'm not that good at events, I'm not sure...).
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 15:20 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

True, i added a war=no condition in the chain-starts events.  Okay
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 15:25 (2014)    Post subject: remarks from playing Reply with quote

Moridin997 wrote:

Indeed. I already reported the situation and possible solutions in the feedback thread. Check it and see if you agree with my remarks...

I read it, and I think your proposals should be tried : simple and probably effective.
It should allow angmar to do its job more correctly at start, but it might not change anything on long term.
I think Angmar should invade more than Rhudaur (that part seems okay to me from what I have played/seen) and stop the chained event when it has as much strength as Arthedain + Cardolan. Then it will be a challenge worth playing and the IA might succeed to play on ist own.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 14:46 (2017)    Post subject: remarks from playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange