The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

colonization bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug - 07:07 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

Everything worked fine for a while, but in this save, I have been unable to colonize provinces from about 50 years. It seems blocked before but returned to normal after some time. Not this time (I kept playing and am about 50 years later. I can colonize the provinces I own but not those of my vassals).

In the save file, the steward seems to always have this line, even if I make him do something else :
action="action_colonize_province"
action_date="9796.11.18"
action_location=289

Deleting it does not change anything and the line comes back at the next save. In previous long games, I have often thought that there was something in the game memory that stayed and prevented colonization to work properly after a while.

Moreover :
- I have seen orc culture spreading to wilderness when I own a province, even if orcs never had it. They might have neighbored it but not even sure.
In the save, it will happen at the north of the blue mountain (one county is wilderness)
- Purge seems okay, but orcs are no longer common around me...
- I got some marriage between orcs and dwarves (children seem normal dwarves), one between an elf and a dwarf (dwarves child with half elf trait)
- Angmar gets slowly kicked by Arnorians kingdom after having invaded Rhudaur and a part of lindon (Arthedain took back some Rhudaur duchies, formed Arnor, touk back the rest of Rhudaur then invaded Cardolan and Forochel. Inactvie from then - I took the whole land of Angmar). however I think it is better than before when Angmar launched the event of Rhudaur's invasion with free troops every few years or so. Maybe some events to destabilize Cardolan and Arthedain ? It may not be lorelike for now, but I consider it playable (as human, maybe not as the witch king).

2nd save with the colonization of Enedwaith and the same problems (many counties to colonize, so more relevant)
I put both files in Dropbox\MEM\Team members cubbys\Athoen\Saves with bugs
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 10 Aug - 07:07 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 14:45 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

Will try to look at this new bug. I can't understand what's wrong now ^^
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 11 Aug - 15:29 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

Good luck Okay
To be more precise, orc culture spread to a wilderness province if I am trying to colonize it, so I have to purge and start colonize event with game paused.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug - 11:39 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

I have replayed a bit with these saved games, and the colonization event becomes available again sometimes (reasons are unclear to me).
I was wondering if there were a hidden timer in th colonization process ? Like if there is a fail, do we have to wait x time before trying again ? If so we might want to remove such timer to see if it solves the problem.

It might also be linked to the "has job" timer as the savegame keeps track of that. Can we completly remove it for a try ?
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Mon 18 Aug - 15:41 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

As Angmar, I'm not able to purge or colonize my vassal's lands, even though I can place my marshal and my steward in their lands.
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 19 Aug - 10:48 (2014)    Post subject: colonization bug Reply with quote

Oh yeah, the wights don't have the decision, i just fixed it Wink

I removed already the timer for the colonizationwilderness character flag, now it's removed directly when you fail/success the event chain, so you shouldn't have this problem normally?
I need to make some other tests on it, but maybe that a non-ending event chain (with a bug, for exemple a wrong event id called) can be the cause of this.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:10 (2017)    Post subject: colonization bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange