The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

shards of Narsil before the war of the ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 09:14 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

I was wondering why no king of Arnor (the 3 lesser kingdoms) was not holding the shards of Narsil.

From http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Narsil, the shards "were passed down as an heirloom by the heirs to the throne of Arnor among the Dúnedain of the North."
However nothing is said specifically about what happens to it after the splitting of Arnor into the 3 lesser kindoms (we could suppose that the king of Arthedain carrying the ring of Barahir would also have the shards of Narsil).

We could use this to make an event and a main achievement for a arnorian player : If we consider that narsil's shards are kept in Rivendell and that no king of a lesser kingdom is legitimate to carry it :
- a lesser king should become king of Arnor and then claim it from Rivendell
- he could then ask to reforge them (not into Anduril though, just a whole Narsil, no need to change the bonuses, or maybe just an upgrade of vassal/same opinion)
Both would require him to be the king of Arnor and heir to Isildur or blood of Anarion (thus a king of Gondor invading the whole Arnor could claim it also) and Guardian of Middle Earth
Success would depends on the opinions of the noldors (elrond mainly - but maybe hard to script) and/or upon the "good" traits like hounourable, just, brave... Any bad trait preventing it from asking or increasing the chance of failure.

It would cost gold/piety and could be asked only every 10 years (once per life is too long, but no reason to pester the Noldors every day if they refused...)
We could make it with a moderate chance of success so the player wants to try as many times as needed.

Why doing it ? I see no reason why a king of Arnor would not wear and reforge it. Just like a dwarf player would search for mithril or the arkentsone

Of course, maybe there was already something planned about that.
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 09:14 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:07 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

Yeah, i need to give Narsil to the heirs of Isildur, during the Arnorian period too. And yeah, an event to reforge it is planned, i already made one in the first releases, don't remember why we removed it ?
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Wed 10 Dec - 14:45 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

I have done some work on it : 3 decisions with small event to
- Claim the Shards of Narsil (condition : must be heir ot Isildur and king of Arnor) - Work to do : allow this for the line of Anarion if the line of Isildur died.
- Claim decisive victory against Angmar and become Angmardacil (condition : as above + must have comple control of k_angmar. The witch king must not hold any of the 3 petty kingdoms of Arnor). This adds the trait "Angmardacil" inspride fom Umbardacil etc.. AND DESTROYS E_ANGMAR (once the witch king is utterly defeated , he should not be considered as an emperor of anything IMO)
- Reforge the shards of Narsil (condition : must be heir ot Isildur and king of Arnor + angmardacil) - Work to do : allow this for the line of Anarion if the line of Isildur has died (with the traits Umbardacil etc... ?)

Let me know what you think of it (I abandonned the judgment part but added some good/bad trait conditions for Narsil and Anduril)

To do :
- add the possibility to take the name "Angmardacil" during the event - Done
- add decision icons - Done
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 11 Dec - 16:06 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

In the Angmardacil event, it appears that the first option has two names for it...
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Thu 11 Dec - 17:19 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

trait + name ? Wanted effect (2nd option is trait only)
If this is something else, please be more precise as I do no see the problem when testing.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 11 Dec - 21:49 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

I mean this (in bold):

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
- name = "EVTOPTAclaim_narsil.2" ## Claim it
+ name = "EVTOPTAclaim_narsil.2" ## Change name
+ add_trait = angmardacil
+ set_name = "Angmardacil"
+ e_angmar = {
+ destroy_landed_title = THIS
+ }
+ }
+ option = {
+ name = "EVTOPTBclaim_narsil.2" ## Keppe name
add_trait = angmardacil
e_angmar = {
destroy_landed_title = THIS
@@ -45,7 +53,7 @@ character_event = {

option = {
name = "EVTOPTAclaim_narsil.3" ## Claim it
- add_trait = anduril
remove_trait = narsil
+ add_trait = anduril
}
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 12 Dec - 04:06 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

If you look in the file itself, you will see only one line with "name = "EVTOPTAclaim_narsil.2" ## Change name" :
a - before means the line is removed, a + means the line is added.
Athoen
Team

PostPosted: Fri 12 Dec - 06:21 (2014)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring Reply with quote

Work to do : set narsil/anduril "alive" in this event so they can be seen in the list of the artifacts.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 20:44 (2017)    Post subject: shards of Narsil before the war of the ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Events / Gameplay -> Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange