The Middle Earth Project Forum Index

The Middle Earth Project Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

[Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 13:54 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

With some help from Calantyr I've worked out how to add DLC sprites as a submod without including the files, obviously only works for those who have the DLC installed.

Here's some screenshots

I have only added Dwarven and Rohirric so far (Norse and Saxon ofc)

There are still these DLCs to pick from:
African - Far Haradrim/Bellakaze
Byzantine - Easterling?
Celtic - Haldadians
Finno-Ugric - Lossoth
Holy Orders - NOT USED (Christian Symbology)
Other Military Orders - ?
Persian - Khand
Russian - Dale/Northmen/Bree
Turkish - Haradrim/Umbarians

Any ideas on what should be what? 

Last edited by Redit on Thu 14 Aug - 15:11 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Visit poster’s website Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 13:54 (2014)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:06 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

That's a great idea!

I suggest this :
African - Far Haradrim/Bellakaze 
Byzantine - Gondorian/Dunedain/Numenoreans/Elves ?
Celtic - Haldadians
Finno-Ugric - Lossoth
Holy Orders
Military Orders
Persian - Khand
Russian - Dale/Northmen/Breelander
Turkish - Haradrim/Umbarians

For Holy Orders, i don't know...
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:14 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

I think the current Western plate armour suits Arnor/Gondpor more than Byzantine, which is very Easterling-y in my opinion, scaled armour, face covers, etc
Here's what I mean:

Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:17 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

yeah true, go for it then  Okay
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:30 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

This still leaves Rhovanion, Hobbits and Druedain with vanilla however
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 15:32 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

And what about elves/orcs?
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 16:20 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

I suppose Orcs will use Muslim, not sure about Elves

There is also Indian, Mongol and others from vanilla that are unused though

I guess Druedain could use Aztec maybe? 
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:00 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

I've completed this work, and I'll update the graphical cultures + cultures to be compatible
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:01 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Okay
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:09 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Have you decided what sprites to use for Rhovanion? I suggest the same as Rohan...

P.S.: Can someone post a new version of the mod with all the latest changes and bug fixes? It doesn't make much sense for me to beta-test outdated material xD

Last edited by Moridin997 on Thu 14 Aug - 18:14 (2014); edited 1 time in total
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:13 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Currently Rhovanion gfx (Dale, Woodsmen, Barding, Northmen, Beorning, Breelander) use Russian/Slavic units, but I'm not too happy about Bree, I think Rohan should be unique though, and was the one that was explicitly based in Anglo-Saxon tradition, but I can change this

I'll be releasing a submod compatible with 0.3.1b on the forum/moddb for users who want to use these sprites, if you want to use them they are in my dropbox cubby
Redit
Modérateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:19 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Moridin997 wrote:
Have you decided what sprites to use for Rhovanion? I suggest the same as Rohan...

P.S.: Can someone post a new version of the mod with all the latest changes and bug fixes? It doesn't make much sense for me to beta-test outdated material xD

Just drag the files from Patch 0.3.2b over your version, and they will update Smile
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:21 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Sorry, I was confused: Rhovanion could be Russian, yes. What I suggest is for the Woodsmen and Beorning to have the same sprites as Rohan. I say this because the people of Eorl (who would later form Rohan) lived in the Vales of the Anduin, whose people I see as different from their Dale counterparts.
Moridin997
Team

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:22 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Redit wrote:

Moridin997 wrote:

Just drag the files from Patch 0.3.2b over your version, and they will update Smile

Thanks. Are those on dropbox?
Lonhaldar
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 14 Aug - 18:23 (2014)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP Reply with quote

Yep, juste copy/past all the files in the dropbox/patch/0.3.2 folder and replace them in your build Wink
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: [Sub-mod] Graphical Cultures for MEP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Middle Earth Project Forum Index -> The Team Forum -> Archive All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Forum hosting | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange